HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky on the wing....IF we sign Sundin.

Old
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Dubinsky on the wing....IF we sign Sundin.

I was thinking for a while that Dubinsky can get a lot out of playing wing along-side Sundin. I'd actually really love to see that If and only if we sign Sundin. Dubinsky hasn't reached his full potential, so him playing wing on Drury's or Gomez's line would make no sense at all; cause I do feel in the end Dubinsky can end up being a better player than both of those individuals. However, I think Dubinsky playing along-side Sundin will do WONDERS for him. He'll eventually adopt Sundin's powerful stride, and how Sundin takes it to the net more often than not. We've seen hints of Dubi doing that now and then. Another aspect is Sundin's positioning on the ice is world class. Again if Dubisnky plays w/ Sundin he'll start to tighten the package he has in his arsenal, smoothen the rough edges of his game, and actually produce and garner the confidence that he needs.

Dubinsky-Sundin-Zherdev
Naslund-Gomez-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr

Also, I feel losing Rozsival will hurt this team. I think Redden is a downgrade over Rozsival. It's unfrotunate that Rozsy may be the one moved b/c of his contract.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If the topic remains DUBINSKY AS A WINGER, this thread can stay open.

If it becomes another Sundin thread, another Rozsival vs. Redden thread, etc, it cannot.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
TheHotRock

if we sign mats, i'd imagine our top line wo uld be Naslund-Sundin-Zherdev

i think Drury would be the one moved to the wing...probably on Gomez' line

I could see Dubi riding shotgun with Gomer, but i'd imagine he'd stay on as a center on the 3rd line......although I think Drury is a better candidate for 3rd line center.

i hope that we end up having this problem.....really hope

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I am amazed that will all of the line combinations that Tom Renney has created, why won't the guy try to put Dubi on the wing. Not just for Sundin purposes, but why not try the guy with Scotty Gomez? Let Dubi do the dirty work on that line. He's a big boy, hew can be the physical presence in the corners, and along the wall. Let him chase down, and dig out the loose pucks, and battle for position in front of the net, and let Scotty be the set up guy. Chuck Zherdev on the Right side. Why the hell not? Again, the guy has tried every other line combo imaginable!

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

You may br right about Naslund and Sundin. They may want to play with each other, and would be excited about the idea of doing so. So what we can do is flip Dubinsky to the RW of Sundin, and let Nazzy play LW.

Naslund-Sundin-Dubinsky
Korpikoski/Drury-Gomez-Zherdev
Sjostrom-Drury/Korpikoski-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr

Old
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
TheHotRock

i just have dreams of naslund-sundin-zherdev becoming the new "i'm not gonna bother to coach these guys....they're too talented" line.

dubes and gomer play a similar style, i could see them working well together.

but you know...i like the idea of drury and gomer together. i always thought they played well with each other and fed off of each other. they always seem to be aware of one another one the ice and both play a pretty simple game. i'd rather see those two on the second line with callahan or korpikoski...even sjostrom on the other wing.

naslund-sundin-zherdev (doesn't that look more like a first line to you than anything we've thrown out this season?)
drury-gomez-sjostrom
korpi-dubes-callahan (love it as a third line)
voros-betts-orr

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:00 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
I was thinking for a while that Dubinsky can get a lot out of playing wing along-side Sundin. I'd actually really love to see that If and only if we sign Sundin. Dubinsky hasn't reached his full potential, so him playing wing on Drury's or Gomez's line would make no sense at all; cause I do feel in the end Dubinsky can end up being a better player than both of those individuals. However, I think Dubinsky playing along-side Sundin will do WONDERS for him. He'll eventually adopt Sundin's powerful stride, and how Sundin takes it to the net more often than not. We've seen hints of Dubi doing that now and then. Another aspect is Sundin's positioning on the ice is world class. Again if Dubisnky plays w/ Sundin he'll start to tighten the package he has in his arsenal, smoothen the rough edges of his game, and actually produce and garner the confidence that he needs.

Dubinsky-Sundin-Zherdev
Naslund-Gomez-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr

Also, I feel losing Rozsival will hurt this team. I think Redden is a downgrade over Rozsival. It's unfrotunate that Rozsy may be the one moved b/c of his contract.
I would think that Drury moves to the wing.

12-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I've said before that Dubinsky would probably look better in a power-forward role. He's a very skilled player, but I don't feel his defensive zone play is good enough to keep him in the middle. I think he'd excel with a little less responsibility.

With or without Sundin, I think it ought to be given a look. The only issue being we'd need a 3rd line center if Sundin was not an option.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I actually think Dubinsky may be a little better suited as a winger. Maybe giving him a little less responsibility would allow him to feel a little more 'free' offensively, for lack of a better term.

With Anisimov in the system and probably going to stick next year with the Rangers, moving Dubinsky to the wing wouldn't be a bad idea.

I wouldn't put him on the Left Wing, however, he would be more effective on the off wing, IMO.

And, i would keep Zherdev and Gomez together. I do like how they move the puck with eachother, a lot of give and goes at high speed.

So, assuming we do sign Sundin, and hopefully for no more then just the remainder of this season...

Naslund Sundin Dubinsky
Dawes Gomez Zherdev
Sjostrom Drury Callahan
Korpikoski Betts Orr

And, i would really prefer to dump Redden's salary, as opposed to Rozsival's. I don't really care what we get in return. Let Potter play on the third pairing. And go after Komisarek in the summer.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:23 PM
gmanwrx

naslund-drury-zherdev
gomez-sundin-callahan
korpi-dubes-voros
Sjostrom-betts-orr

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I think he'd excel with a little less responsibility.
Definitely.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I've been preaching this idea since the preseason. I'd like to see Renney give it a try if by some divine grace we end up with Sundin.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

since were moving sjo up, lets do this

sundin naslund and sjo for an all swedish line.

id make them line 2 actually.

first line would be gomez drury and zherdev.

line 3 would be dubi cally and voros or korpedo

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:34 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
since were moving sjo up, lets do this

sundin naslund and sjo for an all swedish line.

id make them line 2 actually.

first line would be gomez drury and zherdev.

line 3 would be dubi cally and voros or korpedo
absolutely!!!!! with a set up man like Sundin, Naslund should be good for more shots and with SJo going to the net it would be awesome. I say put Sjo in an offensive position, the guy has done everything else asked.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I am amazed that will all of the line combinations that Tom Renney has created, why won't the guy try to put Dubi on the wing.
I think that this is a really important question that needs to be addressed before discussing moving Dubi to the wing. I honestly feel that the organization really feels that Dubinsky is a big part of the future, and they envision that future with Dubinsky at center, and are willing to sacrifice a little in the short term if it will help with his long term development. I mean, what other explanation is there for the question Lion Hound is proposing? It seems logical to me that Renney is keeping Dubinsky at center for a reason. That reason is definitely not current production, so I don't really see the addition of Sundin changing that very much.

If the Rangers add Sundin, the odd center out, as he has been all season, will be Chris Drury. I'm on board with that anyway, what with the hope that Dru might be able to re-kindle that chemistry he showed as a kid playing alongside a big, dominant, Swedish center:

Naslund-Sundin-Drury
Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Callahan-Dubinsky-Voros
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Prucha and Korpikoski are the odd men out of the lineup because of their contracts. Their trade/demotion saves over $2.6 million in cap space alone, so I think that's a no-brainer. Hell, just sending those two guys to Hartford gives the Rangers close to $4 million in cap space, meaning a trade of Rozsival/Redden may not even be necessary.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
pld459666

Not sure Dubinsky makes sense on wing.

I'd rather see Drury play LW to Sundin and have him focus on shooting the puck.

Keep Dubi at center.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:25 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

As someone stated above, with Anisimov playing the way he is at Hartford and looking like he's going to be an 82 game rookie next season, it might be time to try out everyone at wing because it's looking like a log jam at the center position.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 01:27 PM
jniklast

wasn't there a gomez - dubi - zherdev line out for a couple of shifts in the calgary game?
it was gomez on the wing though i believe, but in thiose two shifts they didn't look that bad, first zherdev just missed the cross-crease-pass of gomez for a tip in, and then on the second shift gomez simply doesn't shoot for whatever reason...

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:36 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:

Dubinsky-Sundin-Zherdev
Naslund-Gomez-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Drury-Callahan
Voros-Betts-Orr

Dubinsky's always been known to have the ability of playing center or left wing. I disagree that it would be only beneficial to try him at LW if we get Sundin. I don't see the problem with trying it (if Renny elects) with Gomez or Drury as well. I think he, like Korpokoski, have the potential and ability to become premier power forwards in the game as they continue to get older, even quicker and develop their lower body strength. Both players kind of remind me of one another.

As far as the Roszival and Redden thing. Redden picked up 3 assists last night and I do see improvement in both of their games. I really don't see the upside to having one over the other but I do want to see the Rangers extend Dubinsky and Zherdev's contracts so Sather has no choice but to shed salary. Unless the above mentioned forwards are not necessarily in his forseeable future plans.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Vitto79

alright so the question is who thinks we can trade Rozi?

heck i am making a poll,hah

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
As someone stated above, with Anisimov playing the way he is at Hartford and looking like he's going to be an 82 game rookie next season, it might be time to try out everyone at wing because it's looking like a log jam at the center position.
Anisimov is another guy who can thrive playing on the wing.

Old
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Dubsinky would undoubtedly thrive on the wing. Could you imagine Gomez dishing the puck to him? We've had our sniper all along.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

I think the answer here might be to play Drury with Dubinsky. Let Drury take faceoffs and then slide to the wing and be a finisher. Get Duby out of the faceoff circle -- where is is struggling -- and let him carry the mail through the neutral zone. Seems like it could work.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:53 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Anisimov is another guy who can thrive playing on the wing.
But he is a great two way player whose defensive skill would be put to waste. Could you imagine having him as the 4th line center? That depth...

Old
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Not sure Dubinsky makes sense on wing.

I'd rather see Drury play LW to Sundin and have him focus on shooting the puck.

Keep Dubi at center.
Drury has openly said that he doesn't play nearly as well as he does as a center on the wing.