HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Topic: Ron Fournier on CKAC last night BEGGING on open air for Bob to get Lecavalier

Old
12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
There's a difference between trying to shop a guy or getting a very interesting offer that includes that player.
True.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:06 PM
kostitsyn1489

They could talk about the Bulldogs, Subban that's going to Team Canada's training camp or the other players that will be at the WJC. They could make a good and complete analysis of the PPm etc there are lots of things to talk about in the hockey world.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Ron fell on his head somewhere during the last 2 years.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Something different than Lecavalier coming here.

Coming up with new fresh ideas/subjects is also part of the recipe of a GOOD radio show.
Kriss E, you've been here long enough to remember how many freakin threads were started about Lecavalier, Brière, the freakin Sundin saga, and all that stuff. And I can tell you one thing, often, we have time to talk about things and close the discussion way before Fournier and others have started their analysis. I can almost assure you that all the shows put together, I'm not sure they talked more about Sundin than we did. And the rest of those guys as well.

Again, it's pretty clear that they're not always doing a GOOD show. They're doing a show every day, and every day can't be good. Thing is they are associating entertaining with good and that's not always true.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
They could talk about the Bulldogs, Subban that's going to Team Canada's training camp or the other players that will be at the WJC. They could make a good and complete analysis of the PPm etc there are lots of things to talk about in the hockey world.
Totally and absolutely. Problem is that minus Mathias, they don't know **** about that. So they'd be talking about something they don't know.....though.....what would be the difference again.....

I can't wait to see Gaston Therrien hosting a show on Prospects...

"Okay, let's talk about the 2009 prospects.....Tavares....well, I don't know him, not playing in the Q....might not be that good while Jordan Caron......WHOOOOOA!!!! What a player! Never seen him play but still, that's what I heard...."

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Judge Sauer*

How come they never talk about Thornton or Nash coming over? Why not beg to have Thornton on the Habs?
We've been through Dumont, Briere and Shanahan....besides Shanahan, why is it that they don't keep bringing up the other players?
Why are they stuck on Lecavalier? It better not be because of the Quebec connection.
There are so many other players that have more impact than him with better (shorter) contracts than him.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I'd rather not give up our future for Lecav. They need to trade him more then we do. We are doing great with out lineup, they aren't so the ball is in their Court, they should make an offer, not the other way around.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
How come they never talk about Thornton or Nash coming over? Why not beg to have Thornton on the Habs?
We've been through Dumont, Briere and Shanahan....besides Shanahan, why is it that they don't keep bringing up the other players?
Why are they stuck on Lecavalier? It better not be because of the Quebec connection.
There are so many other players that have more impact than him with better (shorter) contracts than him.
"It better not be because of the Québec connection"? Are you that naive to believe it isn't? It obviously is. Haven't you ever seen the headline "Local Boy Does Good"?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
"It better not be because of the Québec connection"? Are you that naive to believe it isn't? It obviously is. Haven't you ever seen the headline "Local Boy Does Good"?
I know it is, but has anyone actually asked him why Lecavalier and not someone like Nash? Has he actually ever said that it's because he's from Quebec? Or that Lecavalier is his favourite player?

Just giving the *female hygiene product* the benefit of the doubt without him ever having said that it's because he's a local boy.

Plus, I was watching TV and saw that Bouillon won the Hart trophy....he does good....but he's not local. Speaking of which, why wasn't it Fats in the commercial instead?

Old
12-11-2008, 02:35 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

So how is Le Cave gonna get his skin that nice natural tan look if he plays here?

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Totally and absolutely. Problem is that minus Mathias, they don't know **** about that. So they'd be talking about something they don't know.....though.....what would be the difference again.....

I can't wait to see Gaston Therrien hosting a show on Prospects...

"Okay, let's talk about the 2009 prospects.....Tavares....well, I don't know him, not playing in the Q....might not be that good while Jordan Caron......WHOOOOOA!!!! What a player! Never seen him play but still, that's what I heard...."
Haha yeah, Victor Hedman first overall?, must be a smallish defencemen that brings no grit. Last time i watched the draft on RDS was 2006 as i was with some friends and when Habs picked Fischer it was so funny. They had no idea who he was, they didnt have scouting report on him. They needed to go and ask Timmins what position he played. I didnt know him alot, but enough to know he was an american defencemen and I dont host draft show and i cant say i knew that much about that draft.

I just hate how they always need to look at their note to know what kind of player just got drafted after the top 5 picks that they talked about a bit more in the days before the draft. Josh Bailey? What?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
I know it is, but has anyone actually asked him why Lecavalier and not someone like Nash? Has he actually ever said that it's because he's from Quebec? Or that Lecavalier is his favourite player?

Just giving the *female hygiene product* the benefit of the doubt without him ever having said that it's because he's a local boy.

Plus, I was watching TV and saw that Bouillon won the Hart trophy....he does good....but he's not local. Speaking of which, why wasn't it Fats in the commercial instead?
Bouillon was raised in Québec, played his junior here, of course he's considered local. When did he win the Hart ? I don't get it.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:04 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Bouillon was raised in Québec, played his junior here, of course he's considered local. When did he win the Hart ? I don't get it.
It was an RDS commercial with Bouillon holding the hart as if he won it.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Gotta laugh at that Fournier guy. Here the Habs sit 3 pts out of 1st place in the Eastern Conference and he presses the panic button.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
It was an RDS commercial with Bouillon holding the hart as if he won it.
Isn't it a commercial about some sweepstakes wich has Jarome Iginla in the english version? If it is, then it's the Art Ross trophy and the only person holding it is some actress playing a housewife who happens to find it in the closet.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:38 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Ron is totally crazy (crack poute)...I dunno why my grand-father likes him.

ChickenHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Isn't it a commercial about some sweepstakes wich has Jarome Iginla in the english version? If it is, then it's the Art Ross trophy and the only person holding it is some actress playing a housewife who happens to find it in the closet.
Probably was the Art Ross in Bouillon's comercial.

Speaking of Lecavalier, here's TSN's pic for tonights Habs game

Old
12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Guy Germaine

Quote:
Probably was the Art Ross in Bouillon's comercial.

Speaking of Lecavalier, here's TSN's pic for tonights Habs game

ya it is.

Stupidest, most embarrrasing commercial I've ever seen.I can't believe Bouillion agreed to do that.

only in Quebec.

Guy Germaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
ya it is.

Stupidest, most embarrrasing commercial I've ever seen.I can't believe Bouillion agreed to do that.

only in Quebec.
Only in Québec? Now, I'm lost, people are saying the same commercial aired with Iginla in English.

Old
12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Only in Québec? Now, I'm lost, people are saying the same commercial aired with Iginla in English.
Yeah the same commercial does air with Iginla in English. I think he's saying it's embarrassing they got Bouillon to do the same commercial in French because he does not have an Art Ross trophy.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yeah the same commercial does air with Iginla in English. I think he's saying it's embarrassing they got Bouillon to do the same commercial in French because he does not have an Art Ross trophy.
Yet.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Yet.

Old
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
That's kind of mesmerizing.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 04:35 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Germaine View Post
ya it is.

only in Quebec.
He probably realized thats as close as he'd ever get to the Art Ross

Old
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
la25ecoupe

Yeah i heard it, the guy is retarding singing "bob bob bob" and other lame songs..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote