HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs get struck by Electrical Quebecers, Blind Refs and Olaf Kolzig (!?!)

Old
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Pleks and Latendresse look great? Please give me a break, Latendresse can't hit a open net and Plekanec look like a fish out of water !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
la25ecoupe

WTF man, this team has no one protecting themselve!!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Man is this board depressing...
Latendresse sucks, S Kost sucks, Dandenault sucks, Brisebois sucks, Kovalev sucks, Plekanek sucks, O'Byrne sucks, Halak sucks....

It would be faster if you'd all say that the entire team sucks...

Man... okay we lost against TB, guess what, they were bound to win one someday....

coming to this board after a habs defeat... not a good idea...

you should all get a grip, or as Annie would say: The sun will come up tomorow, to eraise your problems and your sorrow...

really is depressing...
Actually, Dandenault was playing really well before going down!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Canadian_Brewtality

This thread title is dumb.

Blind refs...ok cause they didnt call 3-4 penalties..maybe...who cares our PP is terrible.

Kolzig...meh, he had to make a few good saves, i wouldnt say he won them the game.

Habs were just terrible.

7 game homestand
Playing a team with nothing to lose
2 high profile Quebecers
Old coach ripping on the team and players
9 game winless streak
Terrible travel story

I mean, IF i a fan of the team can realize that TB is gonna just come out and play like this, why dont these players do? Its not like theyre not capable. Weve seen some supreme efforts.

Im sorry, but the only thing that makes sense is terrible preparation and coaching. It can be that we struggle some much against bottom feeders.
Look at Pitts tonight, they ATE the islanders just like a good team does.

The Bruins played them, and TB played a pretty good game, but the bruins still won.

Just unreal.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Why do people blame Latendresse? The guy is playing 10min a game, if he does one little mistake he's back to the press box, not an easy situation for him. I'm more pissed by the lack of effort shows by Tanguay, Kovalev, Markov, Lang, AK, SK. Halak also allowing 2 weak goals in the first didn't help.
Latendresse was tentative again.. There is a place to learn and make your class.. the AHL.. Latendresse just burned that step, got a free pass while any of our other prospects at least played one season with the farm.. I remember that Lats' agent menaced the Habs that the kid would re enter the draft if still sent to Drummond for the second year.. Its time Lats proves he belong to the NHL..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
la25ecoupe

LAraque = useless.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Man is this board depressing...
Latendresse sucks, S Kost sucks, Dandenault sucks, Brisebois sucks, Kovalev sucks, Plekanek sucks, O'Byrne sucks, Halak sucks....

It would be faster if you'd all say that the entire team sucks...

Man... okay we lost against TB, guess what, they were bound to win one someday....

coming to this board after a habs defeat... not a good idea...

you should all get a grip, or as Annie would say: The sun will come up tomorow, to eraise your problems and your sorrow...

really is depressing...
we just lost at home vs the worst team in the league...how are we suppose to react?

when they win we're happy, when they lose we're not...I think it's pretty logical and pretty normal!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Post game interview with Carbonneau. Koivu out with lower body injury. Says team did not show up for the game tonight. Team defeated by 2 opposition players. Hard to disagree with Carbo.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
redmachine54

I wonder if the powerplay will be addressed. It's not the end-all-be-all of Montreal's game, but when they can't score 5-on-5, they need a back-up plan. I'm sometimes compelled to try to factor a 200 digit prime number generated by the RSA rather than watch Montreal on the PP, because the latter is futile

Switching lines so often doesn't help, either. It's never worked before, why would it magically work now?

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Pascal

Quote:
I hope your joking! You think it's an easy situation for him?! The guy was playing great with Saks and Tangs and then gets sent down that line and to the press box, plays 8-9 minutes, if he does one small thing he'll get sent back in the press box...think it's easy for a 21 yr old like him?! Give him chance and ****ing keep him in the lineup. You know what!? Trade him! Make him the next John LeClair...trade him so he can play better elsewhere.
Give him a chance to what? sorry but i see nothing good in Lats' game, nothing at all. I always say I think he has the POTENTIAL to be really good, but right now, it's just not there.

It's really too bad he can't be sent down because he'd fit PERFECTLY in the AHL.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Give him a chance to what? sorry but i see nothing good in Lats' game, nothing at all. I always say I think he has the POTENTIAL to be really good, but right now, it's just not there.

It's really too bad he can't be sent down because he'd fit PERFECTLY in the AHL.
How can the kid prove himself when he plays 1 game out of 5 and after each little mistake he goes back to the press box. Not a great situation for him.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
habtastic

Pleky had a good game IMO. We just can't put it in. He didn't miss any open nets. Others did. Kovalev needs to start shooting like Kovalev and not just deking like him. St louis just effortlessly put those pucks in, whether right through the goalie or shelving it perfectly. Everyone kept going 5 hole on Kolzig and it never worked. If they ever try to shoot high it's in the stands. Good game my Dago too, even though his miraculous streak is over. I too don't usually blame refs, but pathetic, although they "made up for it" at the end of the game, handing it to us with a double minor from that dirtbag (who NOW I really hate...cannot believe what he got away with). Of course a pp for us basically means the other team will not get scored against by us OR will score a goal.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
we just lost at home vs the worst team in the league...how are we suppose to react?

when they win we're happy, when they lose we're not...I think it's pretty logical and pretty normal!
yeah but the way we react (too much positive if we win, end of the known universe if we lose) is really crazy

when we lose 9 in a row like TB, then it might be time to panic and become crazy...

anyway, my personal rant, i know it's not going to change anything, i'm just getting now that i have problem with our genral attitudes with this team...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
I've been noticing the lack of "fighting back" for a while. I want that to change...

Meh, just win the next one.

Mitch

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
zx81

ROFL
This forum is becoming dumber every week.

WTF is that obsession with Lats.

He wasn't worse than his teammates.
Where was Sergei tonight ?
He was litterally awful.

Where was Lang ?

Markov sucked.

Halak wasn't good.

But yet the only subject is Lats.

How freaking absurd is that freaking ***** ?

If you think Lats was the reason we lost get your brain checked.

Habs didn't play as a team tonight.
That's why they lost.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Habs

From heros to zeros in 24 hours, I love this board. Yes the lack of toughness and character on this team is laughable, but its been that way for 15 years, so stop complaining about it.

Chalk it up to a bad night and move on, you know the top players in Tampa would have a great game in Montreal.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

I forgot to add.. We missed Price's play outside of the net tonight.. If Price is in the net, Im not sure St-Louis score on that breakaway and at a couple of other occasions our defensemen had to work harder than usual, thats the kind of game where you see how valuable a goaltender playing outside of his net with confidence is..

On a positive note.. Brisebois played another good game, I dont understand people bashing him lately, I think he is giving us some good hockey in the circumstance..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Lecavalier can go to hell. And the ref who didn't call the spear should be fired.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Guys, even the best teams look bad a couple of nights sometimes. We've been playing great in 9 of the last 11 games, which is still better than at the beginning of the year. And please, Carbonneau and the fans/analysts have got to STOP blaming the effort for a loss. We had some bad moments, but it's not like we were completely dominated. We got many more chances than they got, but our goalie didn't make the couple of saves to keep it tight. This plus we played most of the game with 3 centermen.

We allowed 22 shots. 22 SHOTS for god sake. Bad luck happens.

I find people a little harsh on Lang Kovalev and Tanguay, they played a good game together, and could have had many more goals. Just take a look at the Markov post, the first goal (Kovy and Tanguay were on the ice), Lang's missed open net...

The difference was the breaks we didn't catch, and Halak's bad performance. It's unfair to blame the forwards, we've allowed them 3 scoring chances and they buried each of them. **** happens.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Habs8517

Total humiliation by the worst team in the league
Carbo is a moron and cant coach, the question is how many years must we deal with him ?
He gets outcoached half the games, his matching lines is ridiculous, his system sucks, he ****s our offense, our powerplay, he makes our D look like a bunch of amateurs and our fowards like pylons, he cannot motivate his team and communicate with his players ... a moron all the way
This team lack motivation, leadership, toughness, heart, passion, pride ... just a sad bunch of guys forced to play together
We wont go far in the playoffs or we might not even make them.

And the refs were bought today, that was a ridiculous display, Buttman must be proud

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Pascal

Quote:
How can the kid prove himself when he plays 1 game out of 5 and after each little mistake he goes back to the press box. Not a great situation for him.
that's what the press has said for 2 yrs now. eventually Lats will have to actually DO something on the ICE and prove that he can play in the NHL. Crying and moaning won't do anything. He doesn't even show passion on the ice.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:06 PM
OneSharpMarble

If Carbo cannot teach these guys how to work a god damn powerplay than he needs to get someone who knows how to or Gainey needs to make a trade. This is getting outrageous, you are all professionals, get your heads out of your ***** and get the POWERPLAY WORKING!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Latendresse is a poor man's Dagenais
Okay so who's a rich man's Dagenais?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

What Game Were You Watching?

Pleky showed a lot more jump tonight; issue with him is that he needs that same jump against Boston, Philly and other physical teams.

Lats and Sergi showed NOTHING! You would think that they would be so motivated to do something. Sergi to Hamilton, Lats to anyone who will take him.

Carbo...down 2 goals in the 3rd; still matching the Lappy line to against Vinny... unbelievable!!

WORSE: We are playing the TRAP...the friggin TRAP!!!

Carbo...great player...lousy coach!

I mean you got out coached by Rick Friggin TOCCHET!!!!

We lost to a team that is:

- 30th out of 30 teams in this league
- lost 9 in a row!
- a team that played last night!
- didn't get tp Montreal UNTIL this afternoon.

Folks, it doesn't get worse than this.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
Woo!
Woo!

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote