HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs get struck by Electrical Quebecers, Blind Refs and Olaf Kolzig (!?!)

Old
12-11-2008, 09:08 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
No cohesive attack at all. Not good defense on the counter attack

I don't really blame Halak because the problem would still be the same IF carey managed to bail us out

Kolzig was better than he normally is, but he hasn't been good in a while, so don't point at him.

The habs lost that game and made Vinny look good once again.

Bottom line is that we lost because we played poorly

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
From heros to zeros in 24 hours, I love this board. Yes the lack of toughness and character on this team is laughable, but its been that way for 15 years, so stop complaining about it.

Chalk it up to a bad night and move on, you know the top players in Tampa would have a great game in Montreal.
Always been a fan of your posting Habs, you tell it like it is and such. But when you're consistently the voice of calm and reason on the board, you know there's something seriously wrong.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Total humiliation by the worst team in the league
Carbo is a moron and cant coach, the question is how many years must we deal with him ?
He gets outcoached half the games, his matching lines is ridiculous, his system sucks, he ****s our offense, our powerplay, he makes our D look like a bunch of amateurs and our fowards like pylons, he cannot motivate his team and communicate with his players ... a moron all the way
This team lack motivation, leadership, toughness, heart, passion, pride ... just a sad bunch of guys forced to play together
We wont go far in the playoffs or we might not even make them.

And the refs were bought today, that was a ridiculous display, Buttman must be proud
While I am frustrated, I think you're really overreacting. This one game isn't definitive of Carbo's tenure at all. The tendency to have these games is troubling, and we saw it ultimately sink us in the playoffs. But to imply we won't make the playoffs or that Carbo should be fired? Why don't you wait until we really have a struggle, mmkay? We had worse games than this during November no doubt. We weren't dominated but we did not bring our A game either and Tampa got the breaks. That's how she goes sometimes. Last game we got one kicked in by Calgary's defenseman, so breaks can occur. The Habs have no excuse for this loss but it's not armageddon time.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
ROFL
This forum is becoming dumber every week.

WTF is that obsession with Lats.

He wasn't worse than his teammates.
Where was Sergei tonight ?
He was litterally awful.

Where was Lang ?

Markov sucked.

Halak wasn't good.

But yet the only subject is Lats.

How freaking absurd is that freaking ***** ?

If you think Lats was the reason we lost get your brain checked.

Habs didn't play as a team tonight.
That's why they lost.
Do you even read the post here. You see Lats name mentioned at all and run and make it out like everyone is against him. Call the freedom fighters, someone is commenting on Quebec's son's play.

If you read most of the post, he was mentioned as not having a good game along with many other points. Very few single him out.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Okay so who's a rich man's Dagenais?
Leclair?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

I bet if it was Sergei that speared Lecavalier, he would have got a penalty.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shred

I think we win if we have Price in nets. We always seem to come out really week against the worst teams when Halak is in. Also, I don't think we would have let them drive our #1 goalie like we didn't react when Halak got hit. Overall pathetic though, it's hard to like this team. =/

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Total humiliation by the worst team in the league
This team lack motivation, leadership, toughness, heart, passion, pride ... just a sad bunch of guys forced to play together
We wont go far in the playoffs or we might not even make them.

And the refs were bought today, that was a ridiculous display, Buttman must be proud
not a bad post but your last statement is way off the mark.... the Habs couldve had fifty pp and it wouldnt have mattered..... they have no PP.....

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Next Best Thing*

Canadiens seemed to have a plan tonight but had no execution what-so-ever. I think Carbonneau should work on the finer points of hockey, like how to pass a puck on the tape of your target instead of always behind or in the legs. This extra action of putting your body out of your natural position to take a pass is absolutely killer in tight games like this. We connected about 10 perfect passes in the whole game it was ridiculous.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Pascal

I actually don't think the team in itself played that bad.. TB was just clogging up the blue line like crazy. Kolzig made some nice saves and the Habs lacked finish. Halak gave up a few soft ones but I thought the effort was there from almost everyone.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Always been a fan of your posting Habs, you tell it like it is and such. But when you're consistently the voice of calm and reason on the board, you know there's something seriously wrong.
Scary, isn't it!

/

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nitehowl

Kosty bros

AKost sure is following in Kovys footsteps..does the exact same play everytime , holds onto the puck to long and then loses it. Sure he makes one nice play every dozen times but he looks plain dumb most of the time. People pick on O'By and Lats as they are more visible due to their size but time to put some heat on AKost, Skost, and Pleks ( who skates like the wind but never gets anything acomplished.

Like PJ Stock said after the game , they don't stick up for each other when the going gets tough. Is Cube the only one willing to stick up for a teammate....everyone else skates away from scrums ...someone should smack Vinny in the head to show him they won't take his ****...

Only player that really deserved a pat on the back was Lapierre....

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:19 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I actually don't think the team in itself played that bad.. TB was just clogging up the blue line like crazy. Kolzig made some nice saves and the Habs lacked finish. Halak gave up a few soft ones but I thought the effort was there from almost everyone.
That's what I think. The execution was lacking, but people questionning Kovalev/Lang/Tanguay's effort have to watch the tape of the game. They clearly were trying and for the most part, they were the ones having the best execution. Just couldn't buy a goal.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
AKost sure is following in Kovys footsteps..does the exact same play everytime , holds onto the puck to long and then loses it. Sure he makes one nice play every dozen times but he looks plain dumb most of the time. People pick on O'By and Lats as they are more visible due to their size but time to put some heat on AKost, Skost, and Pleks ( who skates like the wind but never gets anything acomplished.

Like PJ Stock said after the game , they don't stick up for each other when the going gets tough. Is Cube the only one willing to stick up for a teammate....everyone else skates away from scrums ...someone should smack Vinny in the head to show him they won't take his ****...

I agree for the most part but please don't compare A. Kostitsyn to Latendresse. Latendresse is a piece of crap....He couldn't carry the puck from end to end if was the only person on the ice. He makes me sick.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

The part of sticking up for eachother I agree with kinda. But your first part???

Andrei Kostitsyn shot some CANNONS at Kolzig like he is capable of, unfortunately none of them went in (something to do with no body in front), and played a very solid game, as in he was again the habs best forward tonight. It's like saying D'Agostini had a bad game cause he didnt score tonight.

Plekanec on the other hand... wow I'm totally throwing in the towel for him this season, it's over

Old
12-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

People get on LATS because its 2 + seasons that he is struggling and has shown us small glimmers of hope. Dangenais played better hockey than him and he is off in Russia.

At least if he had an asset worth keeping. No shot, terrible offensive position, decent skater (kinda), dosent drive to the net, he does hit, cant pass well...whats the point?

LeClair showed signs of a good player. Scored big goals, showed he had a knack for the net. They wanted Recchi and the Flyers werent dumb and took him, its not that they gave up on him, they were just too dumb to realize what they had.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:35 PM
evilstanley

dont worry Sundin is coming---

oops i said it ><

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
The part of sticking up for eachother I agree with kinda. But your first part???

Andrei Kostitsyn shot some CANNONS at Kolzig like he is capable of, unfortunately none of them went in (something to do with no body in front), and played a very solid game, as in he was again the habs best forward tonight. It's like saying D'Agostini had a bad game cause he didnt score tonight.

Plekanec on the other hand... wow I'm totally throwing in the towel for him this season, it's over
If you watch closely he hangs onto the puck far too long and doesn't use his linemates enough...sound familiar (Kovy).. sure he gets the odd hard shot off but most of the time he loses the puck while trying to do to much instead of quick passes. Even PJ mentioned it during the game , not that I listen to PJ much as he usually bashes the Habs but he made some good points tonight.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
GET RID OF LATENDRESSE. seriously.... what a complete idiot, the guy gets scratched and then publically claims how he doesn't understand how he got scratched becasue he "thought he was playing well" .... what a joke...the guy doesnt use his frame, never hits hard, never gets angry, never shoots the puck and still cannot skate. the end.
As Boone on Habs I/O said recently, I wonder what Latendresse would be like now if he had spent a year in Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Lecavalier can go to hell. And the ref who didn't call the spear should be fired.
That should have at least been an unsportsmanlike penalty. These fans who boo the refs everytime they miss something... have they seen the powerplay??? It kinda sucks this season.

Quote:
People pick on O'By and Lats as they are more visible due to their size but time to put some heat on AKost, Skost, and Pleks ( who skates like the wind but never gets anything acomplished.
Pleks: 3 points in his last 16 games.

HFXMooseHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
sampollock

this team needs a boost, and a trade will happen,

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Scary, isn't it!

/
This one is getting old dude ,

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:27 PM
FunkyHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Okay so who's a rich man's Dagenais?
dany heatley ?

FunkyHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
This one is getting old dude ,
I hope I don't see that gif or whatever the hell it is for a decade.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Magic33

anyone watching sportscenter? Kovalev fell while he was walking into the rink. Kind of funny...

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
anyone watching sportscenter? Kovalev fell while he was walking into the rink. Kind of funny...
I just saw that a few minutes ago. The look on his face when he falls is priceless.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote