HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

G Roberto Luongo

Old
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
The Depahted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
boston

tim thomas
tuku rask

for

luongo
schneider
Can i sign this here and now?

That is an absolutely terrible offer. BOS runs away and laughs at you.

The Depahted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
If you think Dipietro is better than Luongo you are sadly mistaken.

Luongo is arguably the best goaltender in the NHL right now, the only other goalie that has a chance of dethroning him is Martin Brodeur, and he's out for almost the whole season. Dipietro is barely a top 10 goalie in the league when healthy, and he's hurt more often than not.
actually i said he is equal, and i said that he was better than Luongo in some areas, but thanks for reading

oh i am an Isles fan and I see the Rags and Devils and i must tip my hat to both their goalies, and if you think that Luongo with 0 cup rings is better than Brodeur with 3, I don't know what to tell you......................actually there is a lovely Bridge that takes you from Brooklyn to Manhattan that i would like to sell you.

If you think DP with his puck handling which is much better than any goalie in the leagie doesnt make him 5-10 best (that is where i put him)

Last edited by Pnut: 12-11-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD8 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252046

Twenty-eight GMs took part in the third annual poll for TSN, and the franchise player most coveted was Crosby, with 98 points in a 5-3-1 weighted system. Crosby was the top choice on 15 ballots.

Ovechkin topped Luongo 66 to 38 in terms of voting points, but its worth noting that Canucks captain had more first place votes (7) than the Russian gunner (5).

Others getting votes were Dion Phaneuf (21 points), Henrik Zetterberg (12), Carey Price (4), Zdeno Chara (3), Eric Staal (3), Ryan Getzlaf (1), top prospect Viktor Hedman (1), Evgeni Malkin (1), Ryan Miller (1), Jonathan Toews (1) and Shea Weber (1).

And these same GMs also said they'd rather have Chara than Malkin. Maybe they don't know quite as much as we think.
that is great but the same GM's said that the Lightning would "the most improved team"

oh and if there was 28 GM's how was there so many votes for Ovy and Luongo, was it all GM's with 4-6 votes ? or was it 28 GM's and because there was 156 votes, something is fishy there

Old
12-11-2008, 10:57 PM
timorousme
luongod

pnut, how many canucks games would you say you've watched since the luongo trade?

timorousme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:58 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post

If you think DP with his puck handling which is much better than any goalie in the leagie doesnt make him 5-10 best (that is where i put him)
Puck handling is somewhere between water bottle drinking and crease snow clearing in important skills for goaltenders. The fact that you would use that for justification of your absurdly high ranking of a mediocre DiPietro elucidates your pathetic grasp on the topic of goaltending. Stop now.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
tRaDiNgYo

Quote:
that is great but the same GM's said that the Lightning would "the most improved team"

oh and if there was 28 GM's how was there so many votes for Ovy and Luongo, was it all GM's with 4-6 votes ? or was it 28 GM's and because there was 156 votes, something is fishy there
Did you even bother to click the link?

If you're going to PRETEND you know the stats, at least read the article.

28 GMs participated in the vote. Where did you get 156? Somewhere out of your ass? You don't seem credible when you make up info, and try to sound smart. At least read the article.

tRaDiNgYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Priceless --- Coming from an Oil fan.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leave Sidney Alone View Post
Suppose Crosby can't be re-signed by 2012... what kind of package can the pens get?

I've just gotta say that pic of yours as cruel.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
pnut, how many canucks games would you say you've watched since the luongo trade?
5 or 6 a season since he went from Florida to Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post
Puck handling is somewhere between water bottle drinking and crease snow clearing in important skills for goaltenders. The fact that you would use that for justification of your absurdly high ranking of a mediocre DiPietro elucidates your pathetic grasp on the topic of goaltending. Stop now.
i sad that he was one of the best and i did not say that that made him a great goalie i said he was 6-7-8 with Luongo.
Oh and how many Isles games have you watched...

and being a Canuck fan liking Luongo so much makes you automatically not a homer???
Please give me a few reasons on why Luongo is great without bringing in any other goalies in the discussion....like "Luongo is the best going side to side in the crease" or" Luongo has the best (insert stat here)"

yeah being able to handle the puck, avoid on coming opposition players, and getting it set up so your teammates can bring it up into the neutral zone......yeah it is so pathetic that i would think that puck handling is important at all.

Luongo is very good but not the best, not the goalie , not the top 3....sorry I don't agree with you and your opinions on goaltending.

I will go to bed crying now

Old
12-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRaDiNgYo View Post
Did you even bother to click the link?

If you're going to PRETEND you know the stats, at least read the article.

28 GMs participated in the vote. Where did you get 156? Somewhere out of your ass? You don't seem credible when you make up info, and try to sound smart. At least read the article.
i did i missed that they gave a 5-3-1 weighted system.
and thank you for not attacking me and explaining that to me
oh and i am sorry TrAdInGyO

Old
12-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Pnut is probably the most clueless hockey fan!

Bunter McVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:07 AM
evgeni71

Quote:
5 or 6 a season since he went from Florida to Van

i sad that he was one of the best and i did not say that that made him a great goalie i said he was 6-7-8 with Luongo.
Oh and how many Isles games have you watched...

and being a Canuck fan liking Luongo so much makes you automatically not a homer???
Please give me a few reasons on why Luongo is great without bringing in any other goalies in the discussion....like "Luongo is the best going side to side in the crease" or" Luongo has the best (insert stat here)"

yeah being able to handle the puck, avoid on coming opposition players, and getting it set up so your teammates can bring it up into the neutral zone......yeah it is so pathetic that i would think that puck handling is important at all.

Luongo is very good but not the best, not the goalie , not the top 3....sorry I don't agree with you and your opinions on goaltending.

I will go to bed crying now
Uh okay..

Key goaltending skills that Luongo > Dipietro in:

Positioning
Rebound control
Breakaways/shootouts
Endurance (full 60 minutes)
Durability
Reflexes/hand eye

and most importantly, Leadership.

If you argue that puck handling is a more important skill than all those...

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 04:29 AM
eklunds source

Quote:
Uh okay..

Positioning
Rebound control
Breakaways/shootouts
Durability
Reflexes/hand eye

You forgot the fact that Luongo has started 70+ games 5 years in a row (though he won't this year, obviously).. DiPietro has never started more than 63, and won't play more than 63 this year again.

Quote:
man you really over value the guy. We had him on the isles and he was good, and he has gotten much better, but to say he is probably the best goaltender in the world is crazy...he is not better than
-Brodeur (and hes a Devil, and i am an isles fan)
-Lunquist (and hes a Rag, but i have to give props to him)
-Nabakov
-Guigeire
-Kipper

he is not that great, he has won 0 cups, and how many Vezinas??
You misspelled THREE of those goalies names, and I suspect you wrote "Kipper" because you have no idea how to spell "Kiprusoff". That's a pretty crucial point in estimating your knowledge about goaltenders. I don't understand how people can call Luongo not top3. There's some legit points about Brodeur being better, Lundqvist being in the same ballpark, but to include Nabokov/Giguere/Kiprusoff above Louie is just silly.

I posted this earlier today in a different thread - in 06-07, in his first playoff series, Luongo beat Dallas while his team scored an average of 1.3 goals every 60 minutes.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 05:19 AM
dwarf

vCash: 50
Quote:
man you really over value the guy. We had him on the isles and he was good, and he has gotten much better, but to say he is probably the best goaltender in the world is crazy...he is not better than
-Brodeur (and hes a Devil, and i am an isles fan)
-Lunquist (and hes a Rag, but i have to give props to him)
-Nabakov
-Guigeire
-Kipper

he is not that great, he has won 0 cups, and how many Vezinas??
I watch a lot of hockey too. I do think Brodeur was the better goalie, but his age is showing. Your eastern conference teams have tonnes of fodder to pad player stats upon. The NW division the last few years have been so tight, that first to last is possible in the last month of the season. There is no way a NW team can finish higher than third in the west.

Kipper, Giguere and Nabakov would be average on average teams, and they have shown it when their teams are only average. Yes their teams have helped carry them to trophys, something Luongo has never had the luxury of.

I think Luongo is the best player in the NHL today. If the Canucks would pay for some scoring, they would be cup bound.

dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
Pnut is probably the most clueless hockey fan!
thanks for attacking me, Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Quote:
Uh okay..

Positioning
Rebound control
Breakaways/shootouts
Durability
Reflexes/hand eye

yeah you are in the lockerroom of the Isles and Canucks and now that one is better than the other on leadership
Positioning I think both are equal and rebound control also, they both give up few rebounds. Breakaways and shootouts i give to your boy, he seems from what i remember to have a better shootout record
Endurance, i guess you meant lasting through 3 periods, well Dp gets pulled as much as Luongo
Durability is definitley Luongo, because DP takes too many stupid risks, but if you think that that is most important and that DP cant be stopped from roaming around and thus getting more chances than Luongo to get hurt. That the coaches or he cant stop from leaving his crease so much, then you are plain wrong.

oh and i never said it was a more important skill or should be weighted more, get off of that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
You forgot the fact that Luongo has started 70+ games 5 years in a row (though he won't this year, obviously).. DiPietro has never started more than 63, and won't play more than 63 this year again.
oh boy, he wont this year?!?!?you got me

Quote:
You misspelled THREE of those goalies names, and I suspect you wrote "Kipper" because you have no idea how to spell "Kiprusoff". That's a pretty crucial point in estimating your knowledge about goaltenders. I don't understand how people can call Luongo not top3. There's some legit points about Brodeur being better, Lundqvist being in the same ballpark, but to include Nabokov/Giguere/Kiprusoff above Louie is just silly.
Oh no i misspelled!!!I hve no knwleddge of goaltendiers becase i cant spell. Maybe its because i dont have the chance sometimes to proof read all my posts. Could it be? You know what speelling has nothing to do with watching goalies. Zero zilch nada (they are from different parts of the brain.

Wow you show other posters some great ways to Becoming a Homer. And Broduer is way better than all of them, then comes Queen(Lundqvist) and those 3. You must watch a lot of Eastern conference games

Quote:
I posted this earlier today in a different thread - in 06-07, in his first playoff series, Luongo beat Dallas while his team scored an average of 1.3 goals every 60 minutes.
Eklands sorse, you use #;s like they mean more, well guess what they mean ****,
1-Different team from 2 years ago, better defense?!?!
2-maybe he hit a hot streak and shutout them a few times
3-could it be that Dallas went cold
4-didnt have a offensive team

too many varibles lead to a goalies numbers especially in a finite seris that only lasts at tops 7 games. Good try tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
I watch a lot of hockey too. I do think Brodeur was the better goalie, but his age is showing. Your eastern conference teams have tonnes of fodder to pad player stats upon. The NW division the last few years have been so tight, that first to last is possible in the last month of the season. There is no way a NW team can finish higher than third in the west.

Kipper, Giguere and Nabakov would be average on average teams, and they have shown it when their teams are only average. Yes their teams have helped carry them to trophys, something Luongo has never had the luxury of.

I think Luongo is the best player in the NHL today. If the Canucks would pay for some scoring, they would be cup bound.
yeah the Canucks never had good players to help Luongo
Demitra
Ohlund
Salo
the Sedins
Naslund
Aucoin
Jovanovski (look i cans speel!)
they dont help Luongo out at all! He is so great!

Old
12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
0123456789*

Quote:
actually i said he is equal, and i said that he was better than Luongo in some areas, but thanks for reading

oh i am an Isles fan and I see the Rags and Devils and i must tip my hat to both their goalies, and if you think that Luongo with 0 cup rings is better than Brodeur with 3, I don't know what to tell you......................actually there is a lovely Bridge that takes you from Brooklyn to Manhattan that i would like to sell you.

It has been gone over a million times jutin in this forum and the consensus always ends up that Brodeur and Luongo are the bet goalies in the NHL. I have watched DiPietro play enough to know hes got potetial but he is by no means even in the top 10 right now, and I wager that you havent seen Turco handle the puck.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:43 AM
0123456789*

Quote:

read the post man, read, that way you can contribute to the forum by knowing what other people are actual saying.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:51 AM
0123456789*

Quote:

yeah you are in the lockerroom of the Isles and Canucks and now that one is better than the other on leadership
Positioning I think both are equal and rebound control also, they both give up few rebounds. Breakaways and shootouts i give to your boy, he seems from what i remember to have a better shootout record
Endurance, i guess you meant lasting through 3 periods, well Dp gets pulled as much as Luongo
Durability is definitley Luongo, because DP takes too many stupid risks, but if you think that that is most important and that DP cant be stopped from roaming around and thus getting more chances than Luongo to get hurt. That the coaches or he cant stop from leaving his crease so much, then you are plain wrong.

oh and i never said it was a more important skill or should be weighted more, get off of that idea

Oh no i misspelled!!!I hve no knwleddge of goaltendiers becase i cant spell. Maybe its because i dont have the chance sometimes to proof read all my posts. Could it be? You know what speelling has nothing to do with watching goalies. Zero zilch nada (they are from different parts of the brain.

Wow you show other posters some great ways to Becoming a Homer. And Broduer is way better than all of them, then comes Queen(Lundqvist) and those 3. You must watch a lot of Eastern conference games

too many varibles lead to a goalies numbers especially in a finite seris that only lasts at tops 7 games. Good try tho

Demitra
Ohlund
Salo
the Sedins
Naslund
Aucoin
ok man i cant handle you anymore your on ignore, by the way remove that flag please because your a embarrassment to all Slovaks.

Old
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
It has been gone over a million times jutin in this forum and the consensus always ends up that Brodeur and Luongo are the bet goalies in the NHL. I have watched DiPietro play enough to know hes got potetial but he is by no means even in the top 10 right now, and I wager that you havent seen Turco handle the puck.
Actually I have seen many of his games whan i had satelite and NHL center ice. He is no where and i mean no where near as good as DP. his passes arent half way up the uce on his players stick. He passes are to weak and sometimes are intercepted by other players. He is no as confident on the puck. DP is not the greatest but he is a 6-10 goalie in this league right now. He would be better if his dumb ass didnt get so injured

Quote:
read the post man, read, that way you can contribute to the forum by knowing what other people are actual saying.
yeah i made a mistake, sorry you can get over it...............i do see what they are saying and they are wrong. It is very obvious to me that half of these Canuck fans have never seen DP play and the ones that have have seen such a small sample that there opinions are very limited in scope and therefore knowledge.
But then they want to attack me on my spelling and they think that there knowledge is so great, like thinking that Luongo is much better great at rebound contro than DP

Quote:
ok man i cant handle you anymore your on ignore, by the way remove that flag please because your a embarrassment to all Slovaks
I am also italian and irish and german, to bad he put me on block he could have insulted me more

Old
12-12-2008, 02:10 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarf View Post

giguere when hes hot is the scariest goalie to play agains in the league. his top end game puts him in there even though its not what you get everytime. the fact that he tends to get hot at the right time of year shows his charcter and determination to win.

luongo is top 5. getting into who gets put where is like a religous dispute the battles are over such small little things its not even worth bothering.

and marty is still tops. yes hes getting older and doesnt have the durability that he used to but i think thats more do to the coach not realising that and overplaying him then anything else. his position , stickhandling and reliability have led his team to multiple cups and as rick flair says "if you wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man" hes got 4 vezinas 3 cups and i dont know how many jennings. playing in the atlantic division which for years has been one of the most competitive divisions in hockey. hes made a career of making hall of fame goalscorers look stupid.

that being said as a flyers fan i hate brodeur. friggen parking lott champions

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:

Demitra
Ohlund
Salo
the Sedins
Naslund
Aucoin
It is true, you don't know anything about the Canucks. I doubt you watch even 1 game a season. Aucoin hasn't been on the roster for 8 years.

Jovanovski wasn't on the Canucks once we got Luongo either.

The Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
serge2k

Quote:

Demitra
Ohlund
Salo
the Sedins
Naslund
Aucoin

they never played with luongo.

Come back when Dipietro finishes second in Vezina/Hart/Pearson (? on the pearson, was he second or third) voting.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
ncredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
Assume the Canucks can't sign Luongo by the 2010 trade deadline. What kind of package can Vancouver get for him?

Some teams that come to mind that need goalies are Ottawa, Los Angeles, Philadelphia.

Any suggestions ... ?
I know lets do something crazy, Bertuzzi for Loungo.. oh wait.

/facepalm.

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:07 PM
timorousme
luongod

Quote:

Aucoin
uhhh

timorousme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Drebs

I don't have a clue what you could get for him but I'd say that when considering his age and value to a team, he'd be the number one commodity in the league. The only other players I'd put in his class when looking at value to a team, are Brodeur and Lidstrom. But they are old. You could also put crosby and ovechkin in that class but i think i'd much rather have a superstar in net over at forward if i had to choose.

Drebs is offline   Reply With Quote