HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk II - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
All Star Ballot Talk II - All talk goes here!

Link to Part I

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=568992

Continue....

Old
12-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
ballot stuffing rabble rabble rabble!

Old
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

is the script spoosed to show without the players photos ?

Old
12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Max et Guillaume

Can anyone confirm if the original Habs script still works??

Old
12-10-2008, 08:06 PM
HabsoluteFate

just read an article on RDS.ca and Carbo thinks theres something fishy about the sudden rise in pittsburgh related votes. He mentions in there that they have more votes in a few days than montreal in the last month

he also thinks they should remove votes like they did for montreal

Old
12-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Chomsky

H10H you're blue again.

Old
12-10-2008, 11:42 PM
centrehice

Carbo's comments on the Pens ballot stuffing:

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou.../carbo%20e.mp3

Right at the end

Old
12-11-2008, 03:56 AM
capebretoncanadien

it does seem a bit suspicious to me....not so much crosby and malkin....they deserve all the votes they get provided they are legitimate....but the corresponding rise of whitney gonchar and fleury is ridiculous IMO....not that all the Habs are tops at their positions but at least an argument can be made for them.

Old
12-11-2008, 04:19 AM
Guillemin

Please stop voting for Alex Kovalev.

PLEASE

Old
12-11-2008, 06:28 AM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
That freakin' voting system *****!!!
Really funny how when a journalist ask Carbo «There must be more hockey fans in Pittsburgh than in Montreal» and he responds «I would be really surprised»...

Old
12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
ReVeuF

The all-star voting look more like a Hackers contest than anything else right now.

I find it funny to see almost all season injured Pens defensemen catching Markov, Komo should not be in the ASG anyway...

And Fleury catching Price, it is like if a Pens fan vote count for 2 and Habs fan vote count for 1/2.

Pissed at the NHL voting system right now...

Old
12-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemin View Post
Please stop voting for Alex Kovalev.

PLEASE
Despite his season, if there's 1 guy I want to see in a All-Star game context, that would be him. With all his moves, his dangling and his dekes, he's what the All-Star competition should be all about.....

So if there's 1 guy I would vote in, that would be him.

Old
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Despite his season, if there's 1 guy I want to see in a All-Star game context, that would be him. With all his moves, his dangling and his dekes, he's what the All-Star competition should be all about.....

So if there's 1 guy I would vote in, that would be him.
Agreed. And what's with all this "Despite his season" ******** I keep hearing. When gretzky got like 20 assists at the start of a season but few goals, nobody seemed to cry then. Granted with kovalev we're talking about a much smaller scale cause he's not a 200pt guy But you get what I mean, he may not be scoring but he's still one of our top point getters so people really need to STHU about kovy, he's doing fine. He'll get his scoring touch back he's just had some bad luck.

Old
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Night_Vole

Vote for kovy, nt having top stick handler in the league at the allstargame is a crime against humanity.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Gustave

Suggestion: stay out of the ASG threads on the main board. It's a mad house in there. Let's just say that it has become taboo to suggest that Price may deserve a spot...

The ASG will blow no matter who gets in though.

Old
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Nobak

Honestly, I think this year makes the voting look even more stupid than the vote for Rory campaign.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Clumsyhab

Tonight, La Zone is calling out the NHL for letting the Pens fans cheat.

Old
12-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post

and they shoulld. interception. but ya. its ridicilous to think they could get that many votes by other then cheating.

Old
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
How come this isn't making any more noise than this? Why is the ASG voting not a topic of interest in Montreal. You figure with the fanbase here and the insurmountable lead the Hab players had that they'd be a lock but nobody is screaming aboput how in a matter of a week they were caught up and passe.

I'm not saying Crosby shouldn't be there at all but there is no way that the fanbase in Pittsburgh can out vote the fanbase in Montreal. It's not even close to being the same rabid fanbase.

The NHL should be called out and made to prove the votes they disallowed were in fact cheating and then prove that the votes in Pittsburgh were on the up and up. I heard that they were generating 1800 per hour which sounds like cheating or computer generated numbers to me.

Old
12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
TomPlex

Does anybody know the US number for texting votes? Because Gmail just added free texting, so we could use that to our advantage...

Ah, scratch that. The number is 81812, but Gmail cannot verify is it's a real number.

Old
12-14-2008, 10:32 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Does anybody know the US number for texting votes? Because Gmail just added free texting, so we could use that to our advantage...

Ah, scratch that. The number is 81812, but Gmail cannot verify is it's a real number.
i'm sure they have a "long" number but i couldnt find it when i looked online a few days ago

Old
12-14-2008, 10:58 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Not bothering anymore. Cant wait to see other teams fans reaction when Fleury get #1 in votes and TT or Lundvquist is left out because of this

Old
12-15-2008, 12:52 AM
HabsoluteFate

the ironic thing is the idiots who are voting for fleury/gonchar/etc are people who are not even going to be at the game...and likely wont even be watching it on tv. for some reason they also dont realise that Crosby and Malkin are in no matter what, either that or they are doing it because it makes them feel like they have a bigger d*** if they can piss off montreal fans. if the all star game was in Pittsburgh and players like Gonchar ended up on the squad i'd be ok with it. It might tick me off a bit but i would leave it at that...and honestly the players of the home team will give it something more...which should actually result in a better game.

starting next year i hope they clean up the format. starting by automatically giving 5 spots to players on the team of the city the all star game is in. that should be a given and for those with a need of a history lesson...it wasnt always all stars that were all at the all star game. At one point it was the stanley cup winners against the all-stars. although i dont think it could go back to that i think it would be a good idea to automatically include players from the home city. most of the fans there are fans of the home team why shouldnt they have a bigger say?

Perhaps if you have a ticket to the all star game you should automatically get 1000 votes towards the players you want...those are the people who should get a bigger say

get rid of fan voting or at least get rid of the blackberry thing...whoever came up with the team voting should be shot. hell make it so you can only vote one player per team on each vote you do...that at least will ensure such a thing cannot occur. And believe it or not the "good" players will still get voted in and that should at least ensure players who are not deserving are not voted in.

Old
12-15-2008, 01:07 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
the ironic thing is the idiots who are voting for fleury/gonchar/etc are people who are not even going to be at the game...and likely wont even be watching it on tv. for some reason they also dont realise that Crosby and Malkin are in no matter what, either that or they are doing it because it makes them feel like they have a bigger d*** if they can piss off montreal fans. if the all star game was in Pittsburgh and players like Gonchar ended up on the squad i'd be ok with it. It might tick me off a bit but i would leave it at that...and honestly the players of the home team will give it something more...which should actually result in a better game.

starting next year i hope they clean up the format. starting by automatically giving 5 spots to players on the team of the city the all star game is in. that should be a given and for those with a need of a history lesson...it wasnt always all stars that were all at the all star game. At one point it was the stanley cup winners against the all-stars. although i dont think it could go back to that i think it would be a good idea to automatically include players from the home city. most of the fans there are fans of the home team why shouldnt they have a bigger say?

Perhaps if you have a ticket to the all star game you should automatically get 1000 votes towards the players you want...those are the people who should get a bigger say

get rid of fan voting or at least get rid of the blackberry thing...whoever came up with the team voting should be shot. hell make it so you can only vote one player per team on each vote you do...that at least will ensure such a thing cannot occur. And believe it or not the "good" players will still get voted in and that should at least ensure players who are not deserving are not voted in.
Wouldnt go that far, but something like : you're in, you're home = you're a starter automatically... so if the game is in Mtl and Koivu gets in, he start the game. If it's in Atl and Kovalchuk is in, he starts the game, etc...

UNtil then we'll have to watch Fleury start...

SV% : 16th in the East
GAA : 15th in the East
WINS : 12th in the East.

too bad for Lundvquist I guess

Old
12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Theran189

I guess the day on with Montreal will be treated equal to other cities in that league is far from tomorrow...

I really don't think more Pittsburg fans are voting than montrealers! And anyone just suggesting that has a mental condition...

I admit Crosby is a great player and probably has lots of fans, but come on! Gonchar and Withney didn't play a freakin' game!

Fleury is getting nearly thousands and thousands of votes everyday?

Let's now call Pittsburg hockeytown and give them three teams as they truly are NHL'S greatest hockey fans and greatest city. I'm sure we'll here something like that from the league once their six players have passed through Habs...

To me, it's just as ridiculous as in late 40's, 50's and shows why the NHL isn't able to get any recognition and has such a bad rep around the world...

Closed Thread