HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins injury prone??

Old
12-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Ever single rumor... lmao.... if you opened your eyes, did a little research it would be pretty easy to figure out what players other GMs consider valuable.

Higgins is a more complete player and has more potential than Lats...it's not even close.

Lats does not have the vision or hockey sense to be any more than a 4th line player in this league.
Every single rumor?..Did a little research??..Because you think every little conversation about possible trades or players inquiries are leaked on the Internet??...
You're the one who should open your eyes and realize we don't know half of what is said between GMs about players.

Higgins is a more complete player than Lats?..Of course he is. I never said otherwise. In no way does this mean Higgins is a God and Lats is crap, nor does it mean Lats has never been mentioned by other GMs.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't think we can evaluate the full potential of a player when he's 21 and scratched/switched around as often as Lats is. Especially when we know he can produce when placed with Koivu.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
I have shovelled my driveway 3 days this week. I must be "snow prone".

This is a provocative question that has no real answer.
Snow prone?..does this even make sense??..
It has to be the worst comparison I've ever read, for any subject.

There never is a real answer, because in most cases, it comes down to personal opinion.

"Injury prone'' is just a way of saying he's fragile and he gets injured often.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Our team? What team is that?

I honestly do not believe you to be a Habs fan.
Team of underachieving belarussians?

--

It seems Higgins is becoming our next Benoit Brunet.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:29 AM
33Roy33

Is there any word on the time line for Higgins injury yet? It seems awful quiet for someone who was supposed to have an MRI yesterday.

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Every single rumor?..Did a little research??..Because you think every little conversation about possible trades or players inquiries are leaked on the Internet??...
You're the one who should open your eyes and realize we don't know half of what is said between GMs about players.

Higgins is a more complete player than Lats?..Of course he is. I never said otherwise. In no way does this mean Higgins is a God and Lats is crap, nor does it mean Lats has never been mentioned by other GMs.

Call me a skeptic, but I don't think we can evaluate the full potential of a player when he's 21 and scratched/switched around as often as Lats is. Especially when we know he can produce when placed with Koivu for a short while then disappears.
Fixed it for you.

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:17 PM
kovalost27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Yes, he is the most injury prone on our team IMO.

I can't wait to see how this team perform without Mr. Higgins. My guess ? Latendresse will perform better and will easilly fill in Higgins spot.

I said before and I will repeat it again, please Bob, ship this guy out of this town while he still have some value.

I agree!

I think Latendresse would do outstanding on the injured reserve and would get a permanent spot on there.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
I agree!

I think Latendresse would do outstanding on the injured reserve and would get a permanent spot on there.

On injured reserve, in the lineup--it seems to make no difference on the scoresheet (except for the number of games played and the minuses he picks up along the way). Not sarcastic. Only 54 games left in which to score 14 goals and reach his plateau of 16. Better hustle, Lats, you're late for an important date.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Ever single rumor... lmao.... if you opened your eyes, did a little research it would be pretty easy to figure out what players other GMs consider valuable.

Higgins is a more complete player and has more potential than Lats...it's not even close.

Lats does not have the vision or hockey sense to be any more than a 4th line player in this league.
Oh please. Higgins has 4 years on Lats and so far this season their play has been comparable.

People might make fun of Lats' toughness but at least there are flashes of intensity... it's more promising that our perennial pu$$y Higgins.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote