HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs get struck by Electrical Quebecers, Blind Refs and Olaf Kolzig (!?!)

Old
12-11-2008, 11:15 PM
allworldcaucasn*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to allworldcaucasn*
Montreal lost to TB haaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

(jk, we lost to FLR, you're still elite)

allworldcaucasn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I just saw that a few minutes ago. The look on his face when he falls is priceless.
pic?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Bohemian93

whoa guys all of you get a grip. lose 1 game and this guy sucks , he was terrible, send him to hamilton, call up pacioretty like really what kind of fans are you some bandwagoners taht explode when their team loses 1 game!! getting someone oout of the line up is not always the solution and please...please stop balming latendresse one small thing he does and its all his fault

Bohemian93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:31 PM
second58th

You'd think running a nation wide gambling ring, Tocchet would be able to afford to buy his clothes somewhere that would help him with matching ties, shirts, and suits. What the hell was with the blue suit, yellow and other miscellaneous coloured shirt with a purple tie?

Sorry, but there was nothing left to say about this game.

second58th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:37 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

No one was great tonight except the 4th line and D'Ago.

Plekanec and Kovalev showed some good signs tonight, but couldn't keep it up for a whole game.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:39 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJfortheCUP View Post
Montreal lost to TB haaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

(jk, we lost to FLR, you're still elite)
An elite team on paper, but we play like pansies, individuals and primadonnas.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:48 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by =CH= View Post
As Boone on Habs I/O said recently, I wonder what Latendresse would be like now if he had spent a year in Hamilton.
He'd still be there.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

1. the team without Koivu can't win games.
2. Brisebois is Brisebois, just atrocious.
3. I wanted Tender to perform well,..... really disappointing, he is actually getting worse than last year, the guy is regressing....too bad.
4. Kovy just so unlucky so far.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:04 AM
muzion

Carbo is simply not that good of a coach. Horrible line matching, horrible decisions all around.

GET AK27 or AK46 AT THE POINT ON THE PP! Watch him make that decision in 10 games after a slump, as he'll reveal to the media in his PC that something had to get done on the PP and he thought it'd be a good idea to change things up.

Can't they see Kovy on the side boards is not working this year. Plays that were working last year simply aren't. If I know where the puck is going at all times, please believe opposing teams know it as well...

Lang, Tanguay, and Sergei are not threats on the point, but I know of two other forwards who are...

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:06 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
ROFL
This forum is becoming dumber every week.

WTF is that obsession with Lats.

He wasn't worse than his teammates.
Where was Sergei tonight ?
He was litterally awful.

Where was Lang ?

Markov sucked.

Halak wasn't good.

But yet the only subject is Lats.

How freaking absurd is that freaking ***** ?

If you think Lats was the reason we lost get your brain checked.

Habs didn't play as a team tonight.
That's why they lost.
are you crying?

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
guapo23

I guess if you are a superstar in the NHL,
you can blatantly spear someone at the center ice faceoff circle
before the puck is even dropped.

It wasn't a vicious spear, but how the hell is that not at least an unsportsmanlike penalty ?

At long last the love affair between Quebec & Lecavalier is over.
I enjoyed the hometown crowd booing him.
I hope it really bothers him.

Jerk.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:14 AM
OneSharpMarble

I really hope Plekanec has turned a corner. He was much faster tonight and strong on the puck. If he can turn it around he will double our scoring chances and that should right the ship.

Thats probably the easiest step to fixing the problem, getting komi back is another.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:16 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Yeah, that is why the Habs won tonight, because of the brilliant play by the overplayed 4th line

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

EVEN against TB, when your "right side" consist of Gorges, O'Byrne and Brisebois... you're in trouble!

hmm, any news on Koivu ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:49 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Yeah, that is why the Habs won tonight, because of the brilliant play by the overplayed 4th line
I'm not sure what the intentions of your post were, but when your 4th line is playing like they are, you give them more minutes it is as simple as that.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:49 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Bottom line. Sub par goaltending led to 4th line over dependence. I think Carbonneau is a very good coach, but he is responsible for this loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I'm not sure what the intentions of your post were, but when your 4th line is playing like they are, you give them more minutes it is as simple as that.
When the score is 3-1 in favour of the opposition, it is obvious that the ongoing game plan= FAIL

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I hope I don't see that gif or whatever the hell it is for a decade.
Looks like I'll just switch to plan B then!

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Looks like I'll just switch to plan B then!
Here, use this one.

Old
12-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Stradale

Michel Bergeron said something about Latendresse that i have to agree with even though for Bergeron he said it like it was a good thing.

He said that everything Latendresse is recieving a pass in the neutral zone, he's always stop. I dont know if you guys notice but when Latendresse is in motion and receiving a pass from his D, he always mishandle the pass? He always needs to stop, wait for the puck and the start skating but he's just too slow to create anything after. For me, thats not a good thing but for Bergie the tiger, its a good thing saying that Latendresse IS TOO FAST going out of the zone that he needs to stop and wait for the pass.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Michel Bergeron said something about Latendresse that i have to agree with even though for Bergeron he said it like it was a good thing.

He said that everything Latendresse is recieving a pass in the neutral zone, he's always stop. I dont know if you guys notice but when Latendresse is in motion and receiving a pass from his D, he always mishandle the pass? He always needs to stop, wait for the puck and the start skating but he's just too slow to create anything after. For me, thats not a good thing but for Bergie the tiger, its a good thing saying that Latendresse IS TOO FAST going out of the zone that he needs to stop and wait for the pass.
Well it's certainly not new that he's struggling to control the puck at high speed, so it doesn't surprise me. Good observation nevertheless, he needs to work on this asap. It could make a world of difference for him.

Old
12-12-2008, 03:44 AM
LesCanadiens

The usual dimwitted overreacting responses after a loss....this is getting boring.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
So many missed chances... Hopefully they will forget this one quickly and win saturday.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post
If Koivu's out, I want Maxwell to be brought up. I'm curious to see him play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
Lets bring Pacioretty up...anything but latendresse. Sergei will bounce back but tonight he was just off his game.
If that were to happen, I hope for their sake they don't have a bad game defensively, or make the type of mistakes they sometimes make in Hamilton. They'd be hanging from lampposts mere hours after the game judging by some of the responses in this thread.

Personally, if Koivu is out for a while, I'd wait a couple more days and see how Chipchura is recovering from his injury. If he is only a few days away and Koivu is out for a while, I'd let the team figh through as they are until Chip is ready. That way, the guy who really deserves the callup gets it, the rookies in Hamilton don't get shifted around and can focus on what they are doing and the Habs have a chance to step up in the absence of Saku.

Hopefully Saku is back soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
AK46 - Maxwell - Dagos
Tanguay - Lang - Kovalev
Pacioretty - Plek - SK74
Begin - Lapierre - Laraque
So not only call up an AHL rookie, but play him with an NHL rookie and a 2nd year player while have him trying to fill in for arguably our best forward this year? Maybe it would work, but it sounds like asking a lot of some young players to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
If you watch closely he hangs onto the puck far too long and doesn't use his linemates enough...sound familiar (Kovy).. sure he gets the odd hard shot off but most of the time he loses the puck while trying to do to much instead of quick passes. Even PJ mentioned it during the game , not that I listen to PJ much as he usually bashes the Habs but he made some good points tonight.
A huge part of his game is puck possession, he's a young kid, mistakes will happen, he's still getting into the groove of being a go to guy on his line in the NHL. We all saw when the Kost - Koivu - D'Ago line was put together that he could do great things with the puck, beating guys inside, outside, making good passes, getting good shots and goals. No-one complained about him holding onto the puck then. So he hasn't played as well the last few games, that'll happen. He could play better than he did, sure, but he still made a few things happen last night, some good shots to create rebounds, the pass to D'Ago and drive to the net to draw a call for example. He'll step it up again soon enough.

Last night won't have been the easiest game for him and D'Ago, playing with an injured Saku at centre the first 30 mins and then with just about everyone else at centre in the last 30 minutes.

If Saku is gone a while, hopefully Pleky gets a chance to centre AKost and Matt and let the vet line be the top line.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:11 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
If this game surprises you, you haven't followed this team at all the last 2 seasons.

How many teams in the NHL have lost to ATL, TB, FLA, TOR, NYI, CBJ and STL on their home ice since the start of the 2007-08 season? I don't know, nor do I want to research it, but the Habs have. And that's embarassing.

Playing down to the level of the competition is now a trademark of this team. And nothing ever seems to be done on the inside to change this bad habit.

There's a reason why several of us were worried about this game as soon as Tuesday night and were even more worried after TB lost last night. They were gonna win one eventually after losing 9 straight and 16 out of 18...add in their 2 stars being motivated playing here...the inevitable Habs no-show against a bad team...and you get what we saw tonight.

Just a dismal night, especially with Saku going down.

The hilarious thing is, watch us beat Washington on Saturday. It wouldn't shock me one iota.
That's exactly what I see too Marc. This has been going on for quite some time. A world beater against good teams one night and a slug against teams they should beat the next.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Holy overreaction to a loss. Sucks they lost but geez, it's only one game. The last two weeks or so they have been playing really good and I think they got caught in the "trap" game tonight. Is that a good excuse? No, but I think that's what happened. It's not like they didn't have their chances, because they did but their goalie played better than ours. Of course the crappy PP didn't help, something needs to be done there that's for sure. Even when they are winning games the PP still sucks.

Big game on Saturday with the high powered Caps coming to town.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote