HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs get struck by Electrical Quebecers, Blind Refs and Olaf Kolzig (!?!)

Old
12-12-2008, 07:38 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Hoooly Crap!!!1 The officiating was terribly inconsistent last night, but as was pointed out by another poster, we suck on the powerplay anyway. So, yes, there should have been several other calls, but no, it wouldn't have made a difference. Habs sucked donkey rods last night.

Is it just me or did St. Louis and Lecavalier get on your nerves more than usual too?

I'd rather watch a .500 team that puts in a consistent effort every night than this crap. It's so frustrating watching them play a great game and then a total crapfest over and over.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

vCash: 500
I'm surrounded by habs fans @ work and I warned them that TB was not a joke ass team (watched a couple of games recently). No one listened and they laughed in my face. I don't get it. Is TB a junior team? No, they are all NHL players and as such are not to be taken lightly. I think a lot of teams and their fans are looking at the record of TB rather than who is playing. I think Carbo and his players should maybe learn that lesson for the next time they play a "cream-puff" team. Based on his comments during his press conference, I doubt it.

BRyouINz

Kvartalnov_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:12 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvartalnov_Fan View Post
I'm surrounded by habs fans @ work and I warned them that TB was not a joke ass team (watched a couple of games recently). No one listened and they laughed in my face. I don't get it. Is TB a junior team? No, they are all NHL players and as such are not to be taken lightly. I think a lot of teams and their fans are looking at the record of TB rather than who is playing. I think Carbo and his players should maybe learn that lesson for the next time they play a "cream-puff" team. Based on his comments during his press conference, I doubt it.

BRyouINz
Are you that fan with the bag on his head that I saw on TV last night? Maybe that was the other Lightning fan.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:29 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Here, use this one.

At first glance you wouldn't think she could have fit down that hole....

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Ross MacLochness

This game was a joke, I'm putting this thread on ignore mode to forget it ever happened. You gotta love though how ex-coach Craig Simpson disagreed with about every single decision that Carbo made regarding the lines and ice time. Not that I agreed with Simpson, but it was pretty funny.

Time to think about Washington.

Last edited by Ross MacLochness: 12-12-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:23 AM
speed11

Why’d we lose? I thought we shot the lights out in the first 2 periods, in the 3rd period we couldn’t put the biscuit in the basket, we just couldn’t put the stuffing in the turkey, we couldn’t even put the turkey in the oven, we couldn’t put the car in the garage, we couldn’t put the train the in station, couldn’t put the rod in the water, lightning in a bottle, cat in the hat, I mean that’s really why we lost tonight, we couldn’t put the cat in the hat.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Megaforce

Apostrophe overload.

Two of 'em in the lineup on the same night. We can never win like that.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
gillyguzzler

Horrible first period, especially the last 15 minutes.

Halak was outplayed by Kolzig.

The ice seemed tilted in the second and third periods but the Habs couldn't put it in. Lots of pressure, no execution.

OB was OK. SK74 and Lats were very disappointing. Sergei did nothing while Lats got better physically as the game went along but whatever skills and hockey sense he used to have seem to have disappeared. He gets the odd decent hit but seems so scared in scrums.

Defense was not strong - Markov, Hammer and Brisebois were very weak in their zone under little pressure from the Bolts.

Good efforts by Plek, Kovy, D'Ago, AK46 and especially Laps.

Laps seems to be gaining confidence in his skills every game. He's doing the pull-in move and actually making decent passes. His line pressured all night but Kosto and Begin's hands don't rank up there in the sniper category.

Team needs to get tougher and not take continuous crap from players like Lecavalier and Downey. Lecavalier spears Plek...no penalty, no reaction. Lecavalier cross checks Laps... no penalty, no reaction. If the refs don't call the initial spear, why not go after Lecavalier right away and try to get him to drop the gloves. Lats was on the ice. He could have invited Lecavalier for a little dance.

And the refs sucked in the third...

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Roulin

All three of Tampa's goals last night were scored while Vinnie and Marty were on the ice, all at even strength. Lapierre was on the ice for 8.2 of the 11.8 minutes Vinnie was on at ES, and for 7.7 of St Louis' 11.3. Lapierre's +/- was 0 on the night, Vinnie and Marty were each +3. That means they had 3.6 minutes away from Lapierre, and they scored 3 times in that span.

That says great things Lapierre's development as a checking center, and bad things about the rest of the team. I don't think I've ever seen Lapierre play as well as he has on this homestand.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
LeClair showed signs of a good player. Scored big goals, showed he had a knack for the net. They wanted Recchi and the Flyers werent dumb and took him, its not that they gave up on him, they were just too dumb to realize what they had.
Leclair won the Habs the cup in 1993 with his two consecutive overtime wrap-around goals in games 3 and 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Los Angelos.

2 consecutive OT goals in a cup final series on enemy ice!

Wow!

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
All three of Tampa's goals last night were scored while Vinnie and Marty were on the ice, all at even strength. Lapierre was on the ice for 8.2 of the 11.8 minutes Vinnie was on at ES, and for 7.7 of St Louis' 11.3. Lapierre's +/- was 0 on the night, Vinnie and Marty were each +3. That means they had 3.6 minutes away from Lapierre, and they scored 3 times in that span.

That says great things Lapierre's development as a checking center, and bad things about the rest of the team. I don't think I've ever seen Lapierre play as well as he has on this homestand.
Not only is he playing well defensively, he is forechecking drving to the net, and playing the boards like a mad man! I am really impressed with this kid, he has taken his game to the next level and the 4th line is being carried by him right now. I am really happy for the kid, hopefully he can keep it up.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Lapierre has been awesome since he got benched. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit here. He's playing exactly like he should be.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Lapierre has been awesome since he got benched. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit here. He's playing exactly like he should be.
Unfortunately his fire isn't igniting the rest of the team, which is disappointing. Too bad Lats and Sergei couldn't respond the way Lapierre has.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:58 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Unfortunately his fire isn't igniting the rest of the team, which is disappointing. Too bad Lats and Sergei couldn't respond the way Lapierre has.
Sergei created 2 huge scoring chances last night, one pass to Tender in the 2nd who couldn't put the puck in net, one to Hammer in the 3rd who shot the puck on Lang's skate.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvartalnov_Fan View Post

BRyouINz
Any time in hockey where before the game my team was sitting around in the dressing room laughing about what a joke our opposition was, we'd lose. The easiest way to lose a competition is to underestimate your opposition and not take them seriously. Seems like the Habs did this.

No matter how bad TB's record, they have two of the best forwards in the league. Also their whole team stepped up bigtime and wanted the win, BAD. Vinny and Marty were playing with something to prove in front of their family (a curse of the Habs at home), and the rest of the boys were not going to let their big guys down. Brunet made a funny observation in the 3rd, to paraphrase "you know something's going on with your team when Vaclav Propsal is throwing himself in front of slapshots".

The Habs actually did answer the bell, they outchanced, outhit, outshot and controlled a lot more of the game, but the hockey gods favoured the lightning. I was actually kind of happy to see them win since they are decent bunch with players I like, crapped on all the time by ****** management, and playing an ambush game after another the night before, hanging on against superior skill and playing very hard.

By all measures the habs still shoulda won, but hockey's still a game of inches and chance and the habs were unfortunate there. Bolts got 1 goal offa very favourable deflection, 1 softie from Halak, and 1 SH breakaway (breezer style). Habs had all kinds of chances but couldn't bury it, lack of finish, seemed like a lot of shooters were making Kolzig look fantastic by shooting right into his chest and pads. Also you had moments where an open net shot gets blocked by Paul Ranger's leg and then skips through crease 2 inches by post. You get the breaks some nights, other times they get stacked against you that's hockey.

Onwards to saturday night. HUGE test for this team if Koivu's down.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan88 View Post
GET RID OF LATENDRESSE. seriously.... what a complete idiot, the guy gets scratched and then publically claims how he doesn't understand how he got scratched becasue he "thought he was playing well" .... what a joke...the guy doesnt use his frame, never hits hard, never gets angry, never shoots the puck and still cannot skate. the end.
I don't have time to translate, but with even rudimentary knowledge of French most of you could tell from the feedback on the rds site that even the francophone fans are beginning to sour on him. I'm brooding over how badly Lucic is outdistancing him. I don't want to hear the bull.... about how Lucic is playing with Savard and Kessel. How long would Lats last on the Bruins first line? Use your imagination. In Montréal, Lats has had his opportunities on almost every conceivable line. Carbonneau would rather have d'Agostini play with Koivu and AKost, and for good reason. Lats stopped contributing after about 6 games with Koivu and Tanguay, and he scored only 1 goal, so I don't accept the oft-repeated canard about how well he fit with them. Believe me, he'll be hard pressed to reach his 16 goal norm this season.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/265123.html

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:43 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't have time to translate, but with even rudimentary knowledge of French most of you could tell from the feedback on the rds site that even the francophone fans are beginning to sour on him. I'm brooding over how badly Lucic is outdistancing him. I don't want to hear the bull.... about how Lucic is playing with Savard and Kessel. How long would Lats last on the Bruins first line? Use your imagination. In Montréal, Lats has had his opportunities on almost every conceivable line. Carbonneau would rather have d'Agostini play with Koivu and AKost, and for good reason. Lats stopped contributing after about 6 games with Koivu and Tanguay, and he scored only 1 goal, so I don't accept the oft-repeated canard about how well he fit with them. Believe me, he'll be hard pressed to reach his 16 goal norm this season.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/265123.html

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
suprez

Hard to tell you know.

You also have to give credit to Kolzig . Also the ref was pathethic .I'm not the kind of people blaming it on the ref.But vs tampa i will.Because the ref did a mediocre job and favorized Tampa.Halak was also weak on 2 goal but we only scored 1.So we can't realy blame him for the loss.

Still the problem we can't score on the powerplay.

You know it's might be difficult to get motivated against B team.I mean they are the worst team in the nhl right now.How can you motivate yourself against such a crappy team?
- We can win !?
- We can do it!?

Me it's would be - Let's not have another quebecer win in our building and claim they have more leg when they play here.

You know what? Just imagine you're playing each night against the red wings LOL.Just play your STYLE and not their STYLE.Especialy at Home.

Latendresse was ... quite average and S.Kostytin .. BAH..
Kovy and Andrei were the best player vs tampa.

I hate those match anyway . Because i hate losing to basement dweller.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Vinny Spears- Hit Me Baby One More Time

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

I would love to hear the NHL's explanation to why this FN incompetent ref didn't call a penalty here ? unbelievable

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I think it's odd how Gorges was the first to react to it. Maybe if Lats, Andrei, and Sergei made a bigger fuss about it, there might have been a penalty.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
I would love to hear the NHL's explanation to why this FN incompetent ref didn't call a penalty here ? unbelievable
Probably because he didn't have his stick fully parallel with the ice & he kept both hands on the stick, otherwise it would have been called hooking.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Hard to tell you know.

You also have to give credit to Kolzig . Also the ref was pathethic .I'm not the kind of people blaming it on the ref.But vs tampa i will.Because the ref did a mediocre job and favorized Tampa.Halak was also weak on 2 goal but we only scored 1.So we can't realy blame him for the loss.

Still the problem we can't score on the powerplay.

You know it's might be difficult to get motivated against B team.I mean they are the worst team in the nhl right now.How can you motivate yourself against such a crappy team?
- We can win !?
- We can do it!?

Me it's would be - Let's not have another quebecer win in our building and claim they have more leg when they play here.

You know what? Just imagine you're playing each night against the red wings LOL.Just play your STYLE and not their STYLE.Especialy at Home.

Latendresse was ... quite average and S.Kostytin .. BAH..
Kovy and Andrei were the best player vs tampa.

I hate those match anyway . Because i hate losing to basement dweller.
1st goal was the only weak one. The 2nd goal was a high deflection and thanks to a bad bounce he had zero chance. The third goal was a perfect shot on a breakaway, only the elite goalies stop that and even then it's not 100% because it depends on their glove hand.

We don't win unless we score more than 1 goal, Halak isn't to blame end of story.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
guapo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post

On the tsn site you see him slash him first then spear him.
I just don' understand how supersatrs get away with this stuff.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote