HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals. Place them all here.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:44 AM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
I'd settle for Higgins, Fischer, and a 1st.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:00 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post

Seriously i would not overpay for this guy, the worst is the guy might ask more than Markov while not being as good. His only decent season in the +/- is 2006-2007 with +23, all the other seasons he was in the minuses.

You guys really want to give 3-4 players for him ? I would pass... he is overrated.
He plays for the Panthers.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:18 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
You are mixing fruits and vegetables.. Pens' offer was laughable.. Christensen = Corey Locke.. Armstrong is a quality grinder and I dont remember the rest of the crap that poor Trashers GM got for Hossa..

Higgins alone eclipse that offer..
How could the Pens offer be laughable? They got Hossa when they outbid the Habs. The only ones laughing are the Thrashers who improved their future regardless of where those players fit into their lineup.

My point was that Pitts overpaid for Hossa as a rental since he has since then become a Red Wing. They lost assets for a short term gain that didn't work out. They also lost Esposito and a draft pick if I am not mistaken.

I agree that Higgins alone is overpaying for a chance to sign a UFA let alone a prospect and a 1st. That was the point of my comment: it would be a serious overpayment for a player that might not sign with us or may cost way too much in a shrinking future salary cap world.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Marc-E-

No and No. We've to keep 2 of our prospect corp and it's Pacioretty and McDonagh.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Bouwmeester is not soft !

if you consider him soft then you also have to consider Gorges soft...

IMO Bouwmeester is the best young defenseman in the league. I've watched around 12 panthers games this year and he's clearly the best player every games i've watched. The best part about him is that he can effectively shut down the best players in the NH. Also his transitional game is something incredible to see. I haven't watched a lot of past great defensemen but I don't remember that last defenseman with such great skating strides.

I want him for our team but not just for this year.. I want him for multiple years. If money is the problem I would heavily consider trading Hamrlik to clear some cap space for next year.

This guy is great already and he's not yet entered his prime.

I wish Gainey could make a move for him and not let him go play for another eastern conference team.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
1st round pick + Higgins + Pacioretty

He says thats what it would take for Montreal to get Jay Bo.
At some point the price has to come down. No way I'd pay that for a rental. I don't see any other contender paying that. That's twice what Pittsburgh paid for Hossa.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:24 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Pierre said this is what it would take, but definitely NOT what we should do. He said there's no way he'd make this trade for what Florida is asking.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Yes dreaming.
Because lesser players havent been traded for just as many prospects, picks, and players.

Habs fans just over-evaluate all of there prospects
Name one.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:27 AM
HotHabsFan*

again we lost 3-1, our problem is not D it's offense. we gave up 22 shots and Halak gave up 3, thats not a defense problems, our problem is scoring GOALS. we need some goal scorers not just bloody playmakers.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
No and No. We've to keep 2 of our prospect corp and it's Pacioretty and McDonagh.
Fischer is playing better than McDonagh, I'd trade McDonagh before Fischer.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
again we lost 3-1, our problem is not D it's offense. we gave up 22 shots and Halak gave up 3, thats not a defense problems, our problem is scoring GOALS. we need some goal scorers not just bloody playmakers.
You can't judege the Habs based on last night, they just played a stinker. Goaltending gave TB life and the boys played without much energy.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:39 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
We need to stop playing the ****ing trap!

Way to prepare your team Carbo... Facing the worst team in the league with nine straight losses at home and what plan does he have? Playing an agressive forcheck, let them know who are the boss on the ice? Of course not, let's regroup to the red line and wait for them to make a mistake... that'll teach them...

Well, what happened is that the Bolts came in playing and trying to win a game while the habs were not skating, waiting for them to make a mistake...

Last year success was not achieved waiting at the center of the ice... I'm so sick of Carbo's friendship with Gainey... tons of coaches would be hitting golf balls in Miami right now if not for a friendship with the GM...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Why?

-You have a depleted defensive corpse.
-Your speedy forwards breakout easily from the neutral zone, creating odd-man rushes.
- Making them dump supports your transition game.
-You're recently having success playing with this strategy.

I don't see how the trap had anything to do with last night's loss. Halak should have had the first goal, face off should have been won or at least cover Lecavalier on the second, third was just a breezer moment.

Blame the loss on the let up after a 1-0 lead and our 1/7 PP.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Way to prepare your team Carbo... Facing the worst team in the league with nine straight losses at home and what plan does he have? Playing an agressive forcheck, let them know who are the boss on the ice? Of course not, let's regroup to the red line and wait for them to make a mistake... that'll teach them...

Well, what happened is that the Bolts came in playing and trying to win a game while the habs were not skating, waiting for them to make a mistake...

Last year success was not achieved waiting at the center of the ice... I'm so sick of Carbo's friendship with Gainey... tons of coaches would be hitting golf balls in Miami right now if not for a friendship with the GM...
I agree, the trap is driving me nuts. Just because we played it and won a few games, Carbo thinks it's great now.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Why?

-You have a depleted defensive corpse.
-Your speedy forwards breakout easily from the neutral zone, creating odd-man rushes.
- Making them dump supports your transition game.
-You're recently having success playing with this strategy.

I don't see how the trap had anything to do with last night's loss. Halak should have had the first goal, face off should have been won or at least cover Lecavalier on the second, third was just a breezer moment.

Blame the loss on the let up after a 1-0 lead and our 1/7 PP.
1) Depleted? We're missing one defenceman and he's the 3rd best... Pittsburg has a depleted defensive core, yet they don't play the trap and guess what... they're winning...

2)Last year wasn't a problem... they just had to be more carefull, no need to start the trap...

3)It would if this team was built to play the trap, yet they're speedy scoring euro-style forwards... they need to be moving, skating... last year, they created a lot of 3 on 2 and 2 on 1, while not allowing the other team to do so... now, it's the exact opposite, these players, except the 4th line, can't play effectively the trap... why do you think the most successfull and steady line has been the 4th?

4)As great a success as they had at the beginning of the year and a lot less as last year... this team as a problem of focus and coaching strategy... playing the trap doesn't solve any of these problems.

AND FINALLY : The trap is the most boring style of hockey ever invented, it sucks, last game was a snore fest... we need to get rid of this kind of hockey not embrace it.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not making judgments here, but I think this is the first time I've seen a Habs poster say this.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I don't know about that. McDonagh is way more physical then Fischer, both are on their top PK units. Also you need to compare McDonagh to Fischer's season last year, since Fischer has an extra year of development.

There's no way in hell I would even remotely consider trading McDonagh over Fischer, not even close. On top of that, we are flush in RD's but thin on LD's, so it makes even less sense to trade McDonagh.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:03 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't know about that. McDonagh is way more physical then Fischer, both are on their top PK units. Also you need to compare McDonagh to Fischer's season last year, since Fischer has an extra year of development.

There's no way in hell I would even remotely consider trading McDonagh over Fischer, not even close. On top of that, we are flush in RD's but thin on LD's, so it makes even less sense to trade McDonagh.
Is Fischer the american Brisebois?

It sure looks like it, doesn't it?

Old
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Fischer will make a bigger impact physically when he fills out, he'll be a mobile 220lbs guy. McDonagh is already filled out at 6'1" 210lbs or thereabouts. Where Fischer has more upside is his skating and offensive ability.

Quote:
Is Fischer the american Brisebois?

It sure looks like it, doesn't it?
huh?

You GOTTA explain the link between Fischer and Brisebois.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-12-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
guest1467

Quote:
1) Depleted? We're missing one defenceman and he's the 3rd best... Pittsburg has a depleted defensive core, yet they don't play the trap and guess what... they're winning...
You know that we have more points than Pittsburgh in less games played? Just because you don't agree with the strategy, doesn't mean it is bad or ineffective.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not making judgments here, but I think this is the first time I've seen a Habs poster say this.
It is.

McDo > Fischer if we rely on what their known potential is. I see Mcdo as a potential top pairing guy while Fischer will probably be a solid 3-4 who can play on the PP.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
huh?

You GOTTA explain the link between Fischer and Brisebois.
Yeah, sorry, how could I compare a player with 971 games played in the NHL, who got 406 pts, was a star as a junior player and his 6''2' 200...

I overate way too much Fischer...

If Fischer has even half the career Brisebois had, it'll a major accomplishement for him or for any other prospect...

Fischer seems to be a Brisebois type player, soft offensive player...

Old
12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Fischer will make a bigger impact physically when he fills out, he'll be a mobile 220lbs guy. McDonagh is already filled out at 6'1" 210lbs or thereabouts. Where Fischer has more upside is his skating and offensive ability.
How is that possible when Fischer doesn't possess the meanness that Mcdonagh has even though he's over a year older and has had ample time to fill out with access to NCAA facilities and programs.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:17 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You know that we have more points than Pittsburgh in less games played? Just because you don't agree with the strategy, doesn't mean it is bad or ineffective.
And what's that has to do with anything?

I think you're missing the point completely...

Old
12-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It is.

McDo > Fischer if we rely on what their known potential is. I see Mcdo as a potential top pairing guy while Fischer will probably be a solid 3-4 who can play on the PP.
On the contrary, Fischer was a "swinging for the fences" type pick while McDonagh was the safe, more advanced player.

Fischer had great tools, skating, size and puck skills but was more raw at 6'3" 180lbs vs McDonagh who was 6'1" and over 200lbs and more polished at 18.