HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky on the wing....IF we sign Sundin.

Old
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
absolutely!!!!! with a set up man like Sundin, Naslund should be good for more shots and with SJo going to the net it would be awesome. I say put Sjo in an offensive position, the guy has done everything else asked.
I third this. Did you see ho ****ing good he was playing with Dubinsky and Voros yesterday. He gets to every rebound, can make some sweet passes, and, of course, has got the moves.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
94now

The wing assignment is a demotion for a centre. It usually upsets player, unless he is playing poorly or makes millions and therefore doesn't care. None of the above apply to Dubi, so he would have all rights to bear some animosity toward the coaching staff. Why would we want that? Sundin or no Sundin there is no reason to demote Dubinski to the wing.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
I third this. Did you see ho ****ing good he was playing with Dubinsky and Voros yesterday. He gets to every rebound, can make some sweet passes, and, of course, has got the moves.
The all swede line to the rescue!?

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
The wing assignment is a demotion for a centre. It usually upsets player, unless he is playing poorly or makes millions and therefore doesn't care. None of the above apply to Dubi, so he would have all rights to bear some animosity toward the coaching staff. Why would we want that? Sundin or no Sundin there is no reason to demote Dubinski to the wing.
Calling it a demotion is 100% off-base IMO. Malkin was demoted? J. Staal has been demoted? I didn't think so.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
alright so the question is who thinks we can trade Rozi?

heck i am making a poll,hah
I just want to add this as far as the Redden and Rozsival situation goes.

Why would Glen Sather sign the both of these guys in the off season, when he knows he needs the cap space for the upcoming years to sign all of the up and coming kids. Including Dubinsky and Zherdev and Korpokoski..etc.. This is why I don't see him trading either one. He must have known this past summer what the situation was going to be like after the 2009 season with signing both defense-men. So what the heck is this guy doing?

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:11 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
The all swede line to the rescue!?
Oh yes...

Can you imagine this?

Naslund-Sundin-Sjostrom
Prucha/Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Avery-Dubinsky-Drury
Voros/Orr-Betts-Callahan

Old
12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Oh yes...

Can you imagine this?

Naslund-Sundin-Sjostrom
Prucha/Dawes-Gomez-Zherdev
Avery-Dubinsky-Drury
Voros/Orr-Betts-Callahan
Avery isn't coming back.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I just want to add this as far as the Redden and Rozsival situation goes.

Why would Glen Sather sign the both of these guys in the off season, when he knows he needs the cap space for the upcoming years to sign all of the up and coming kids. Including Dubinsky and Zherdev and Korpokoski..etc.. This is why I don't see him trading either one. He must have known this past summer what the situation was going to be like after the 2009 season with signing both defense-men. So what the heck is this guy doing?
Well what the every team wants is a good, puck moving, and offensive defensemen. If you pick up two, you have some good trade bait and the upper hand in a trade. Let's say Avery is traded. We would need some more coming our way.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
94now

Quote:
Calling it a demotion is 100% off-base IMO. Malkin was demoted? J. Staal has been demoted? I didn't think so.
Sure they were. In fact, I can't think of better example. The are back to C now. As I said if guy makes millions already, he will take it easier then one who would consider it as an assault on his career. Obviously Player like Korpikoski would love any position. Dubi has already established himself.

Old
12-11-2008, 03:28 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Avery isn't coming back.

Old
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Ummm - Let me try here

I would keep Dubinsky as a 3rd line center. Watch here below:

Trade Rozie to Buffalo for Henrik Tallinder (who is a stable stay at homer in the doghouse and a countryman to Sundin maybe enticing him to help create the "East Coast Red Wing lookealikes"?) + maybe also skin them for their 3rd round pick 2009 from LA
Saves 2,4 M in cap space

Trade Petr Prucha to Ottawa (that need secondary scoring) for their LA 3rd round pick 2009Saves 1,6 M in cap space

Demote Korpedo to Hartford until the PO:s
Have Korpedo, AA, PAP and Rissmiller join the team for POs
Saves 1,1 M in Cap Space

Let C Potter bounce up and down
Have Fahey and Sauer join the team for POs
Adds 540 thousand in cap space

Sign MATS SUNDIN for whatever is left ( around 5,6 M if I am not off totally)

Näslund - Sundin - Z
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Voros - Dubi - Sjo/Cally
Cally/Sjo - Betts - Orr

Fritsche

Redden - Staal
Girardi - Mara
Tallinder - Kalinin
(Rember those nostalgic Niagara Falls days...)

Potter

Hank
Vally

With AA up and coming next year (nice probability), we do have an odd man situation at C if Sundin signs for two years - which he probably will NOT. Therefore we can tinkertoy the lineup 2009/2010 with Drury moving in and out of a wing position and keeping the core of Drury - Dubi as 1/2 centers. We need help on the wings though. Say Z resigns, Näslund is still there, and Drury plays wing. That basically meand N Dawes steps up or gets replaced. I think putting him on a 2nd line with a 10 game+ consistency with Gomez and Drury should perk their offensive ability and produce points. If not - sign Shanny? and demote Fritsche? Just a crazy thought

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Sure they were. In fact, I can't think of better example. The are back to C now. As I said if guy makes millions already, he will take it easier then one who would consider it as an assault on his career. Obviously Player like Korpikoski would love any position. Dubi has already established himself.
Dubi hasn't established himself at all IMO. I think he's in the process of establishing himself.

Old
12-12-2008, 12:07 AM
The Thomas J.*

Dubi on the wing could help in his development, I give it a shot.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:17 AM
94now

Quote:
Dubi hasn't established himself at all IMO. I think he's in the process of establishing himself.
No? What is your criteria?

Old
12-12-2008, 09:53 AM
dfings

Instead of moving Dubinsky to the wing why not have Sundin on the wing? The lines could look something like this if you put Sundin on the wing.

Naslund - Gomez - Sundin

Legitimate top line for the team

Voros - Dubinsky - Z

They had great chemistry together and a good 2nd line on any team.

Korp - Drury - Callahan

A good checking line that can be used instead of the 4th line to shut down other teams top players and should chip in goals.

Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Most consistent line all year and they will now not be asked to play against the other teams best players.

dfings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I love how the young players get a pass while the coach and the veterans get bashed endlessly on this site. If you havent noticed, Dubinsky has 1 goal in his last 21 games...I would consider that playing poorly.

At the beginning of the season, when he was playing well, there were countless posts about how we should sign him to a longterm deal and how he is going to be our future captain. Now? hes playing like crap and its kind of taboo to talk about it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:08 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I love how the young players get a pass while the coach and the veterans get bashed endlessly on this site. If you havent noticed, Dubinsky has 1 goal in his last 21 games...I would consider that playing poorly.

At the beginning of the season, when he was playing well, there were countless posts about how we should sign him to a longterm deal and how he is going to be our future captain. Now? hes playing like crap and its kind of taboo to talk about it.
Great post. I like Dubinsky but you can't ignore that he has not done much of late. Meanwhile Scott Gomez who gets killed now has more points than Dubinsky and has played in five fewer games.

12-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Great post. I like Dubinsky but you can't ignore that he has not done much of late. Meanwhile Scott Gomez who gets killed now has more points than Dubinsky and has played in five fewer games.
I like Dubinsky too..and its a money thing, I understand that. Of course the guys making 7 million a year are going to be held more accountable than a sophomore center. But from a performance standpoint over the last 20 games or so, both Dubinsky and Zherdev have been very pedestrian, with Dubinsky teetering on the brink of disappointment.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
slim399

If we signed sundin i always imagined the lines being.

dawes-gomes-drury
naslund-sundin-korpedo
voros-dubinsky-zherdev

Giving us 3 powerful 2 way scoring lines.

I agree though a dubi-sundin-zherdev line would be sickkkkkkk. I have thought for a while sundin is the missing piece of the puzzle for this team to be a cup contender. A nasty hard hitting dman would be nice too.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I think that this is a really important question that needs to be addressed before discussing moving Dubi to the wing. I honestly feel that the organization really feels that Dubinsky is a big part of the future, and they envision that future with Dubinsky at center, and are willing to sacrifice a little in the short term if it will help with his long term development. I mean, what other explanation is there for the question Lion Hound is proposing? It seems logical to me that Renney is keeping Dubinsky at center for a reason. That reason is definitely not current production, so I don't really see the addition of Sundin changing that very much.
I don't know. It's hard to envision a real future with the team at center if you're keeping Anisimov. And if you're looking at the roster and the depth chart, it's clear that the wings are where the future is bleak from a team perspective. Hadn't thought of him BEING the solution to the sad state of the wings, but would be intrigued to see it.

Personally, I still feel like Dubinsky is the most likely member of the organization to be traded though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I don't know. It's hard to envision a real future with the team at center if you're keeping Anisimov. And if you're looking at the roster and the depth chart, it's clear that the wings are where the future is bleak from a team perspective. Hadn't thought of him BEING the solution to the sad state of the wings, but would be intrigued to see it.

Personally, I still feel like Dubinsky is the most likely member of the organization to be traded though.
Agreed across the board, MJ. I think some people in the organization may feel that despite Dubinsky's hot start, Anisimov may have the higher ceiling. He's a big, strong, responsible two-way pivot that isn't going to get a pay-raise next season.

That's not to say Dubinsky can't be better than Anisimov, it just means that Dubinsky is probably a pretty desirable commodity around the league where Anisimov has less value. So if we're talking about trading for a top-six winger, you have to consider it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:26 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Sather would not trade Dubinsky. He'd trade the big contracts.

Old
12-12-2008, 01:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Sather would not trade Dubinsky. He'd trade the big contracts.
Easier said than done.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 01:30 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Easier said than done.
True, but it is hard to believe that Dubinsky will be the one going the other way. Why trade when a big contract can be unloaded in a trade and we can get our scoring winger in the offseason?

Old
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
True, but it is hard to believe that Dubinsky will be the one going the other way. Why trade when a big contract can be unloaded in a trade and we can get our scoring winger in the offseason?
Because its easier to trade a guy who is young and cheap than a guy who is older and making a lot of money. Because most teams aren't in the position to take on a big contract.

I'm not advocating trading Dubinsky. But if you look at it from another team's perspective.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote