HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get ready for the Moonwalk tomorrow!

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2008, 03:30 PM
mario66lemieux*

vCash: 500
Get ready for the Moonwalk tomorrow!

The last time Alex Kovalev had a scoring drought this long (19 games in 1995) he busted out scoring 3 goals against Hardford.

Tommorow night being the 19th game, with Koivu out and Kovalev wearing the C, I predict he will score his first hat trick with the habs vs JOSE THEODORE!

In doing so, Kovalev will get 900 pts in his career! (898 now)

There couldnt be a better script then that folks!

Old
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Iwishihadacup

Nope... not gonna happen

Brace yourself for the first point in the NHL for Maxwell and to the numerous TRADE PLEKANEC AND LATS ASAP threads

Old
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
The last time Alex Kovalev had a scoring drought this long (19 games in 1995) he busted out scoring 3 goals against Hardford.

Tommorow night being the 19th game, with Koivu out and Kovalev wearing the C, I predict he will score his first hat trick with the habs vs JOSE THEODORE!

As much as I hate to say it, Theodore shutout the Habs in their last meeting this season. Washington is a team that Montreal should beat with ease, the same as Tampa was and look what happened. I predict a 4-2 Washington victory.

I hate saying things like this because I am a fan, but I gotta go with my gut on this one. Of course, if the Habs win, I was just using reverse psychology!!!! LOL.

Old
12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

lol... Isn't that the 18th time now I see a similar post/thread?

Kovalev has given us his last good season, unfortunately. Just stop hoping he will post ridiculous numbers again, he's actually working and nothing is going through...

He's done... as sad as I find this, he's done.

Old
12-12-2008, 03:45 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post

Kovalev has given us his last good season, unfortunately. Just stop hoping he will post ridiculous numbers again, he's actually working and nothing is going through...

He leads the habs forwards in ice time, assists and points and is doing a great job on the penalty kill. Just because he has a goal scoring drought, he's done?

Old
12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
He leads the habs forwards in ice time, assists and points and is doing a great job on the penalty kill. Just because he has a goal scoring drought, he's done?
Playing 21 minutes a night and on each single PP... anybody would produce at a good rate.

Stop expecting him to put up dominant performances... he slowed down and clearly lost a gear in the last year. His execution is slower, he's slower, and he's becoming older. This has nothing to do with his will and desire. But he's almost always behind the plays, and more often than not, things that were working last year are not working because he takes more time to do them.

Old
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Iwishihadacup

He's actualy slower than Latendresse

Old
12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Can we ship him to the moon if he doesn't?

Old
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:

by the way it's hartford and not hardford

Old
12-12-2008, 04:10 PM
TroyM

Quote:
I'm not anti-kovalev at all, and I love your script

that said, he is second in assists, and tied for second in points as well. As a stats junkie I cannot stop myself from correcting these injustices.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
I'm not anti-kovalev at all, and I love your script

that said, he is second in assists, and tied for second in points as well. As a stats junkie I cannot stop myself from correcting these injustices.
Read what i said carefully, you'll see I was right

Old
12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
TroyM

Haha true true. Well... he's only uhh tied for first in points among forwards... (I have to save face you know)

I literally had to read it like 10 times to see what I missed too.

Old
12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
SooperSingh

I actually have a feeling he will score... Kovalev wearing the C will score folks.... as for the hatrick.... let's take it 1 goal at a time...

Old
12-12-2008, 04:24 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimminsTheStorm View Post

Riiiiiiight. So Kovalev who is one of our leading scorers career is done for. Wow, that doesn't say much for Kostitsyn, Koivu Tanguay.... as he's producing as much or more then those guys. He is still our most dangerous player by far!

Old
12-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
He's actualy slower than Latendresse
Its not possible.

Old
12-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Its not possible.
Derian Hatcher 2007-2008 style

Kovalev 2008-2009

Old
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Price4Prez

LoL the people on here, saying Kovalev is done for, know absolutely zero about hockey. He has been our best player for 3 years. If you cant back up what you say, say nothing!

Kovalev should be captain of this team. Last year, when he wore the C during Koivu injury is exactly when he started to really be on fire!

He might not get a hat trick but will definately play solid.

He has been playing really well this season, he has tons of chances, but is just not putting it in. It has nothing to do with being slower or not. He has the same speed he did last year, he just had a little more luck last year. We only played 25 or so games, on an 82 game schedule, he is bound to start scoring again!

Old
12-12-2008, 07:10 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Riiiiiiight. So Kovalev who is one of our leading scorers career is done for. Wow, that doesn't say much for Kostitsyn, Koivu Tanguay.... as he's producing as much or more then those guys. He is still our most dangerous player by far!
Dangerous for his own team? Sure...

The number of turnovers he creates is beyond me. He's turning the puck over like it'S not possible, and is taking the habit of taking bad penalties night in night out.

Oh, and he's leaning towards a 15 goals season. Not what I'd call our most dangerous player.

I've got nothing to say about his effort. But he's clearly lost a gear and is not as fast as last year. He tries to make the same damn plays and tries to deke 20 players at the same time, but it doesn't work because he's lost a lot of ground since last year... This and the fact that he's got a fragile knee...

I think it would be a great idea to let him go this summer, keep Higgins, Pleks, Koivu and Tanguay, and go for a real top-4 D-Man to play with Hammer.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:

Kovalev 2008-2009
Iwishihadacup, I'm not criticizing you or anything, but you and CanadienErrant ar the biggest Kovlev haters in this forum, give the guy a break

Edit: Well actually CanadienErrant hates every single player in the Habs organization...

Old
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
speed11

not only will we not see a moonwalk, i have my doubts that the Habs don't even score 3...

Old
12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
LoL the people on here, saying Kovalev is done for, know absolutely zero about hockey. He has been our best player for 3 years. If you cant back up what you say, say nothing!

Kovalev should be captain of this team. Last year, when he wore the C during Koivu injury is exactly when he started to really be on fire!

He might not get a hat trick but will definately play solid.

He has been playing really well this season, he has tons of chances, but is just not putting it in. It has nothing to do with being slower or not. He has the same speed he did last year, he just had a little more luck last year. We only played 25 or so games, on an 82 game schedule, he is bound to start scoring again!
He's lost a gear. Get over it. He's clearly not as fast as last year and is slower to react to the oppnent's pressure. He doesn't use his teammates. It worked before, but when you're getting older, you've got to change the way you play.

He's working, but he's just not adjusting enough right now. And sorry, but with the talent he has, the way he works, 5 goals in 27 games is not a lot. He's supposed to be up there with Lang and Tanguay for goals scored... Not with Lapierre and Begin...

His attitude is fine, the talent is there, but he's got to use Lang Tanguay and the D-Men more... Because forget it, he's never going to have a season like last year again. To me, this year, sorry, but he's not a dangerous player for the opponents.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Can we ship him to the moon if he doesn't?
Quote:

Kovalev 2008-2009
I don't understand the motivation behind Kovalev haters, I understand the need of irrational hate, but can't you find a more logical target ?

Yes, he's having a bit of a slow start, but he's our 2nd leading scorer tied with Koivu, and works very hard every game. We have a better record than we did last year, so its not like Kolvalev not producing at last year's pace is hurting us.

There are two reasons why Kovy has slowed down:

1-The PP is broken because we still haven't managed to find someone to play with Markov at the point (he was the PP point leader in the entire league)

2-Pleks and A.Kost have had really bad starts to their season

PS: I don't think Kovy should get the Koivu's C as soon as he misses a game or two.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:19 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
not only will we not see a moonwalk, i have my doubts that the Habs don't even score 3...
I can see the Habs having a good game tomorrow. They're likely going to step up for the loss of Koivu.

Anyway, the other hurt players are not essential to our success. Higgins was doing crap, Laraque is Laraque and while Dandenault was playing well, he's no Markov.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Never mind the 3 goals....I'll be happy if Kovalev has less than 3 turnovers in the game.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:

Kovalev 2008-2009

Closed Thread