HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Sundin (UPDATE: signs w/Vancouver)

Old
12-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gambini View Post
why do people keep doing this??? NTC
So if you had a NMC and you played on the Flyers and they were publicly sayign they dont want you on the team and they want to trade you would you seriously say no? If all the team management made it clear they didnt want you, you would seriously stay? If it were me I would say, Ill waive it if you trade me to someone in the playoff picture, why does he care, hes still getting paid.

People here seem to think a NMC means the guy is a flyer for life, simply false.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Interesting thing...

Clarke was on the TSN panel lastnight, and when asked where Sundin is likely to end up...

NY Rangers
Montreal
Vancouver
Chicago

Were the 4 options, Clarke replied..."I think Montreal, but don't count out the Flyers".
I will be pissed off if Sundin signs with the Rangers. If he does not sign with the Flyers I hope he goes to Van.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I will be pissed off if Sundin signs with the Rangers. If he does not sign with the Flyers I hope he goes to Van.
anywhere in the west is fine with me.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:43 AM
facts

I really don't think that Holmgren is interested in Sundin, I think he is just blowing smoke to get the rangers in a bidding war to acquire him. He (sundin) is going to really disturb a teams chemistry, and I don't think sundin is even an option for the Flyers

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
So if you had a NMC and you played on the Flyers and they were publicly sayign they dont want you on the team and they want to trade you would you seriously say no? If all the team management made it clear they didnt want you, you would seriously stay? If it were me I would say, Ill waive it if you trade me to someone in the playoff picture, why does he care, hes still getting paid.

People here seem to think a NMC means the guy is a flyer for life, simply false.
Little bit different when you have a bunch of kids in school and you're signing up to not see them much at all until possibly June.

In that situation, who the F cares what management thinks? They agreed to pay you cash and you don't want to move. Basically what happened in Toronto last year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Brophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
JBo > Carle. And I REALLY like Carle. but if thats the way the cookie will crumble so be it.

JBo for Carle Lupul Im fine with that.

Jones for a cheap 3rd liner. Fine.

Sbisa to Juniors. Fine

Work out Parent in AHL, Cool

I know im being very vague lol.
Sign me up!

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Interesting thing...

Clarke was on the TSN panel lastnight, and when asked where Sundin is likely to end up...

NY Rangers
Montreal
Vancouver
Chicago

Were the 4 options, Clarke replied..."I think Montreal, but don't count out the Flyers".
Heh. Ok, so you beat me to it! I posted something similar in the Carle injury thread.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 11:13 AM
mikedifr

Sundin has been one of my favorite players over his career so if there was a way to get him here without giving up anyone significant I would be fine with it.....However, if Carle is out for any extended period of time, I rather spend the money to replace him

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 12:05 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Little bit different when you have a bunch of kids in school and you're signing up to not see them much at all until possibly June.

In that situation, who the F cares what management thinks? They agreed to pay you cash and you don't want to move. Basically what happened in Toronto last year.
Exactly. Briere came to Philly because he got a big contract and he liked the area. He bought a house here and this is where his family lives. Why would he want to leave? He wouldn't.

The simple truth is Briere does not want to leave Philadelphia, and THAT is what makes his NMC so important.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Exactly. Briere came to Philly because he got a big contract and he liked the area. He bought a house here and this is where his family lives. Why would he want to leave? He wouldn't.

The simple truth is Briere does not want to leave Philadelphia, and THAT is what makes his NMC so important.
Agreed.....I still dont understand why WE would want him to leave....We most likely dont get past the first round of the playoffs without him last year, and 6.5 is not a terrible cap hit for someone of his caliber when healthy

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
sg12lw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post

when did the flyers management publicly say that didnt want him?? i would actually say that by giving him an 8 year deal they were publicly saying the exact opposite. the only people that dont want him are the fickle fans like yourself who get a hard on at the fact that we could bring bouwmeester in if we had the cap room.....but then of course you would probably be upset when j-bo got a big contract bc it would limit our cap space to bring in other star players

what happens if carter and or richards gets hurt(which is possible), and we didnt have briere.....who the hell is going to play center??? chew on that for a little bit....only four guys on this team are producing and if we lose one to injury and trade another that leaves us with upshall, lupul, metro and hartnell to pick up the slack...and im not looking forward to that day

hes here for a reason, and hes not going anywhere so f**kin deal with it people

sg12lw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:25 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Agreed.....I still dont understand why WE would want him to leave....We most likely dont get past the first round of the playoffs without him last year, and 6.5 is not a terrible cap hit for someone of his caliber when healthy
Because people don't think he's valuable or too much of a liability, which is dumb.

He's a valuable part of this team.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2008, 03:53 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Except this team is already terribly soft and Hartnell provides some grit. Additionally, when Knuble goes away...Hartnell provides our only man in front of the net.

We have numerous players like Lupul already on the team, and numerous players who will bring his skills to the team on their way in the prospect pool. Lupul is redundant; Hartnell is not.
true and id also be looking to acquire someone like that but given the choice between dealing lupul at (2.3) and jones (2.75) to make cap space and get back maybe taylor pyatt(1.5) and a 3rd rd pick. id rather get chris thorburn (600k) for hartnell (4.2). i just the value you lose by dumping them isnt as bad.

i also think sundin brings some needed size to our lineup. he skates so well you forget how big he is.

all that being said if theres value to be had id id rather keep hartnell

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:02 PM
flyersfan97

I'm getting ready to watch the Devils-Rangers game and the Rangers broadcast just announced that Sundin is doing some charity event at MSG this weekend (I think). He is expected to meet with Sather at some point this weekend.

Last edited by flyersfan97: 12-12-2008 at 06:09 PM.
flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Kaktus*

Devils are all over NY Rangers. Hollik is back. Rolston is back. Brodeur is still missing.

Devils scored SH goal. Pendo!!

Hope Sundin won't sign there.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Devils are all over NY Rangers. Hollik is back. Rolston is back. Brodeur is still missing.

Where? I doubt Lou will pay for Sundin and I doubt even more that Sundin will want to play there.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:

He'll be a Ranger. Fall back team will be the Canucks.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:27 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
He'll be a Ranger. Fall back team will be the Canucks.
After what I just heard, that'd be my guess too. I wouldn't think a player would do a charity event unless they plan on playing in that city.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
After what I just heard, that'd be my guess too. I wouldn't think a player would do a charity event unless they plan on playing in that city.
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Sather move Rosival for Avery to clear cap space. Tuck Avery in the minors and save the cap space...use it to land Sundin.

...wait for it.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Kaktus*

I do not understand why would he want to play there. Van is a much better option. Better chance to win something.

Strong D, strong goaltending, good all around team that missing 2nd line center.

Rup beat Orr. Clarckson kicked Voros ass. Devils out hit NYR 9 to 1. Out chanced them and outplayed them so far.

Naslund with a goal?

Old
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
I do not understand why would he want to play there. Van is a much better option. Better chance to win something.

Strong D, strong goaltending, good all around team that missing 2nd line center.

Rup beat Orr. Clarckson kicked Voros ass. Devils out hit NYR 9 to 1. Out chanced them and outplayed them so far.

Naslund with a goal?
Simple. It's New York.

I'm sure he's pretty close with Lundqvist too.

Old
12-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Simple. It's New York.

I'm sure he's pretty close with Lundqvist too.
Well Van has Sedin brothers and Ohlund, not to mention 10M a year Van offered.

but yeah I've heard that he is friends with Henrich especially after Olympics.

Ha ha Elias with a PP goal.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-12-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Opus
Boondoggle

Quote:
Well Van has Sedin brothers and Ohlund, not to mention 10M a year Van offered.

but yeah I've heard that he is friends with Henrich especially after Olympics.

Ha ha Elias with a PP goal.
If it were about the almight dollar, he'd have signed in Vancouver months ago.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
If it were about the almight dollar, he'd have signed in Vancouver months ago.
You think it is about championship? You really see NYR as a contender? Right now, for the past last month?

The only good thing they have is PK. Everything else is pretty much horrible. Of course Henrick keeps them in every game.

Thats with out injuries. Ok, Gomez missed 4-5 games. Big deal. Redden missed one game? Thats about it.

Old
12-12-2008, 07:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
You think it is about championship? You really think NYR as a contender? Right now, for the past last month?

The only good thing they have is PK. Everything else is pretty much horrible. Of course Henrick keeps them in every game.

Thats with out injuries. Ok, Gomez missed 4-5 games. Big deal. Redden missed one game? Thats about it.
How is Vancouver closer to a championship than the Rangers? If Mats comes back, it's only for a chance to get his name on the Cup.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote