HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR @ NJD - Post Game Thread

Old
12-13-2008, 03:19 AM
YMB29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
ahhhh they just showed the 6-5 goal on the post game and wow Kalinin ****ed up.
How was it his fault? Mara gave a stupid pass that went off a skate.

YMB29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:39 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Watching Henrik's postgame conferences after these losses is always horrible. He puts all the blame on himself and he really shouldn't do that.

I'm not a big Drury fan but I thought it was kind of funny in the 3rd period when the ref was lecturing him during a faceoff and the ref was pointing his finger into Drury's face and Drury smacked his finger away haha. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

Anyway, horrendous game, horrendous defensive effort.
Henke is a standup guy. He always looks to his own game as part of the problem. I've never seen his counter part in Nj ever do that. Class. He doesn't bury his teammates even when he has every right to.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Fletch

This is a game you show over and over again to embarass the team. Pathetic performance that did show us a couple things. One being that this team is very soft. I've thought it all along, but the non-aggressive play in their own zone has gotten horrible. Defensemen routinely sit around and watch other teams get to the puck around the net and hack at Henke. The biggest culprit? Redden. It's going to be a long 6 years.

I can't take away any good from the game. Zero. Nada. I want to say Zherdev looked good, but when you lose 8-5, get the calls yorur way, and when most of your 5 goals were a result of weak goaltending, I can't say anything good.

Oh, was Dawes a healthy scratch? Sure looked like it.

But the bottom line really is this team is soft and last night highlighted that softness.

On to the next game...

Last edited by Fletch: 12-13-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I can't take away any good from the game. Zero. Nada.
I disagree. I thought it was a good matchup against a hot team that was playing well. The also found a way to generate the offense that's been missing. Their play at ES with the puck was dramatically better than it had been in the previous 3 or 4 games.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:44 AM
ryan41
LETS GO RANGERS

the game was a tease..just like the rangers sometimes..they show flashes of brilliance amidst flashes of a ******* performance. just watched the girardi fight again and that made me smile.

ryan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

The fact that we managed to tie a game that looked out of sight was a nice feeling... but for about what.. 10 seconds. Biggest tease evaar.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I disagree. I thought it was a good matchup against a hot team that was playing well. The also found a way to generate the offense that's been missing. Their play at ES with the puck was dramatically better than it had been in the previous 3 or 4 games.
I agree. Another positive, for me at least, was how Dubi played. There was a fire in his eyes last night and he was all over the place. Haven't seen much of that from him in a while. Now if only he could start burying some. Voros as well. I thought he was pretty solid.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Voros as well. I thought he was pretty solid.
Yeah he lost a fight against David "the minor leaguer" Clarkson and took a blatant dive at the end. Great game for him. He's not making a lot of mistakes tho whitch is good.

I want October Voros back. He has been pretty much invisible the last month.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:00 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Watching Henrik's postgame conferences after these losses is always horrible. He puts all the blame on himself and he really shouldn't do that.

I'm not a big Drury fan but I thought it was kind of funny in the 3rd period when the ref was lecturing him during a faceoff and the ref was pointing his finger into Drury's face and Drury smacked his finger away haha. Just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

Anyway, horrendous game, horrendous defensive effort.

Hope Drury doesn't get suspended for abuse of an officall

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:02 AM
ihatenewjersey

our ability to come back from 5-1 was awesome to watch, our ability to blow that with 8 mins left doesnt surprise me.....im proud we made that push, but i hope this game shows we have some glaring weaknesses that need to be addressed asap....

ihatenewjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Jersey Girl

In a bizarre way I would have preferred an 8-1 loss. Or 12-1. Something that jolts the organization into doing something to help the team. The comeback masks the reality of how badly the defense played.

And let's face it, the last two goals we scored were gifts from Clemmenson. He had a brutal game. Mara's and Callahan's goals were absolutely awful, stopped by most NHL goalies.

Jersey Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Celestial Black

Sad game that makes me wonder how tonight will go.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
Yeah he lost a fight against David "the minor leaguer" Clarkson and took a blatant dive at the end. Great game for him. He's not making a lot of mistakes tho whitch is good.

I want October Voros back. He has been pretty much invisible the last month.

He most definitely did not lose that fight. If anything it was a draw and one of few things that put a smile on my face during this game. Voros isn't a great fighter obviously, but I give him props for his willingness to go.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:13 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
In a bizarre way I would have preferred an 8-1 loss. Or 12-1. Something that jolts the organization into doing something to help the team. The comeback masks the reality of how badly the defense played.
I thought about the big loss, too, and wondered if that would actually effect some change in the organization. But honestly, would it? I really don't believe that any type of loss will spur on any change. The Rangers are seemingly on a 6 month plan and will let it play out.

Maybe this is still the learning process of "giving" Gomez and Drury the team. They have never really been top level leaders in their past. Always strong personalities but mostly 2nd level leaders. The Rangers made a choice to give them the team, and now they have to figure their way out of this mess.

Given the circumstances of the Rangers recently, the loss looks bad. But I know the way this board thinks and how the typical Ranger's fan perceives things. Had the score been reversed, the thoughts would be "We couldn't hold a 5-1 lead", "We still are not playing defense". As usual, give Staal and Mara a pass on all criticism, and dump on Rozsival, Kalinin, and Redden.

I was fortunate enough to give up my tickets for tonight. The "true fans" will be unbearable tonight with their ridiculous attempts at motivating the team.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:45 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
It's December. What did you expect? Henke is like clockwork.
I posted this last year. I'm not surprised either.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Fletch

MJ...

it was nice seeing offense from that one line...but, I think they were badly outplayed and the chances generated weren't all that impressive as those goals went in on a shaky goaltender. I can't find anything good in a game in which they give up 8, were beaten to the puck routinely and were outmatched physically. Couple that with all those blown PP chances and it's even more disappointing. Perhaps I'm being harsh but when so much goes wrong and so little goes right, I think you focus more on what went wrong. I guess I didn't think the game was as close as a tie at some point would've indicated.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
303Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Trade Redden and Dawes to FLA for Greg Campbell and Noah Welch
Trade Prucha, Fritsche, and Kalinin to TOR for Mike Van Ryn
Trade Rozsival to OTT for Mike Fisher

Talk about getting rid of the dead weight, one can dream.
Here's a quick question are the guys you want even being shopped or are you just trying to get rid of your crap for players that are useful? Why would Ottawa deal Fisher for Rozy? Why would Florida take on almost 7.5 million in salary and give up 2 young players that are playing well for them? Just wondering.

303Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:18 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Are you allowed to decline penalties?

Might be worth a try.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:41 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The worst part is when your PP sucks as much as the Rangers PP, it allows teams to take liberties on your player without much fear of paying for it.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Bury Your Head

New York Rangers Power Play -- where your team's 4th line PK'ers can shine.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
HenriksBetter

The defensive effort last night was a disgrace. There was very little forward help in our own zone. They were all stick checking. The odd man rushed against are really gettng out of control. If they continue to play like this they will be out fo first in the division by new years.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 03:14 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
New York Rangers Power Play -- where your team's 4th line PK'ers can shine.
And you can pad your shorthanded goals for stat.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote