HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

G Roberto Luongo

Old
12-12-2008, 06:18 PM
tRaDiNgYo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
thanks for attacking me, Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!

yeah you are in the lockerroom of the Isles and Canucks and now that one is better than the other on leadership
Positioning I think both are equal and rebound control also, they both give up few rebounds. Breakaways and shootouts i give to your boy, he seems from what i remember to have a better shootout record
Endurance, i guess you meant lasting through 3 periods, well Dp gets pulled as much as Luongo
Durability is definitley Luongo, because DP takes too many stupid risks, but if you think that that is most important and that DP cant be stopped from roaming around and thus getting more chances than Luongo to get hurt. That the coaches or he cant stop from leaving his crease so much, then you are plain wrong.

oh and i never said it was a more important skill or should be weighted more, get off of that idea

oh boy, he wont this year?!?!?you got me

Oh no i misspelled!!!I hve no knwleddge of goaltendiers becase i cant spell. Maybe its because i dont have the chance sometimes to proof read all my posts. Could it be? You know what speelling has nothing to do with watching goalies. Zero zilch nada (they are from different parts of the brain.

Wow you show other posters some great ways to Becoming a Homer. And Broduer is way better than all of them, then comes Queen(Lundqvist) and those 3. You must watch a lot of Eastern conference games

Eklands sorse, you use #;s like they mean more, well guess what they mean ****,
1-Different team from 2 years ago, better defense?!?!
2-maybe he hit a hot streak and shutout them a few times
3-could it be that Dallas went cold
4-didnt have a offensive team

too many varibles lead to a goalies numbers especially in a finite seris that only lasts at tops 7 games. Good try tho

yeah the Canucks never had good players to help Luongo
Demitra
Ohlund
Salo
the Sedins
Naslund
Aucoin
Jovanovski (look i cans speel!)
they dont help Luongo out at all! He is so great!
You forgot about Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld!!! They helped Luongo out big time!!!

Oh and the legendary Rory Fitzpatrick.

tRaDiNgYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
L.A.'s whole team ........ but Kings wouldn't need him because of Jonathan Bernier.
Fixed it. We have quite a few goalie prospects: Bernier, Quick, Zatkoff, etc. know Im missing some. And Ersberg is only about 26 right?

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRaDiNgYo View Post
You forgot about Bertuzzi, Allen and Auld!!! They helped Luongo out big time!!!

Oh and the legendary Rory Fitzpatrick.
Dude you forgot brookbank, and weaver. Without those guys, Luongo wouldn't be the goalie he is today!

Bunter McVirtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:41 PM
evgeni71

Sigh, I give up.

Teaching a homer is like beating a dead horse.

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownking View Post
Fixed it. We have quite a few goalie prospects: Bernier, Quick, Zatkoff, etc. know Im missing some. And Ersberg is only about 26 right?
Yeah, you're right, one of those guys is sure to become an all-star goalie just like Jamie Storr.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Bunter McVirtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Yeah, you're right, one of those guys is sure to become an all-star goalie just like Jamie Storr.
LOL! But seriously, the chances of any of those players becoming impact goaltenders for the LA Kings is pretty low, except maybe for Bernier.

Old
12-12-2008, 10:36 PM
dwarf

vCash: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
giguere when hes hot is the scariest goalie to play agains in the league. his top end game puts him in there even though its not what you get everytime. the fact that he tends to get hot at the right time of year shows his charcter and determination to win.

luongo is top 5. getting into who gets put where is like a religous dispute the battles are over such small little things its not even worth bothering.

and marty is still tops. yes hes getting older and doesnt have the durability that he used to but i think thats more do to the coach not realising that and overplaying him then anything else. his position , stickhandling and reliability have led his team to multiple cups and as rick flair says "if you wanna be the man, you gotta beat the man" hes got 4 vezinas 3 cups and i dont know how many jennings. playing in the atlantic division which for years has been one of the most competitive divisions in hockey. hes made a career of making hall of fame goalscorers look stupid.

that being said as a flyers fan i hate brodeur. friggen parking lott champions
I do agree that Brodeur is a amazing goalie. I remember when the Devils drafted him. I was ticked the canucks didn't take him. But Canuck drafting has historically been ********.

Brodeur is still the best goalie, but he is starting to decline due to age and injuries. It is hard to argue this with Luongo on the shelf right now though!

Giguere is amazing in the playoffs I agree. Though Pronger taking off anyone's head who gets near the slot or the crease, is a big help.

As I said earlier if the Canucks could start drafting or buying some scorers, with Luongo they would be cup contenders.

dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Fraser Read

Your teams best prospect
Your Teams best young forward
Your teams best Young Defenseman
And as many picks as we can squeeze out of you.

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 02:20 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Your teams best prospect
Your Teams best young forward
Your teams best Young Defenseman
And as many picks as we can squeeze out of you.
you do realise that a package like that negates luongos value completely right?

just an example (washington)

karl azner
alexander semin (assuming ovie is off limits)
mike green
09 1st

detroit
jakob kindl
jiri hudler
niklos kronwall
09 1st

or from my fav team (flyers)
jvr
jeff carter
braydon cobourn
09 1st

general knowledge says that you should build from the back out which means goalie defense center wing. if a team is looking to acquire berto its cuz theyve skipped the goalie in the hopes one will become available. and if he hits the trading block its because either his contarct demands are way high and intends to be a free agent or vancouver has been struck by the zombie plague and thier gm is now brainless. in either case you still dont get that package. and if the latter happens we should all stop caring about hockey and move to a remote location.

im sorry if that came off poorly it aint personal just tryin to show you what it is your asking for. realisticly if scheniede is seriously puching for the starting job i think a playoff contender rides the vet or deals him for players to help in the run and prospects to help long term. again if its the zombies just run.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Kmaz

I wouldn't want the Detroit quad as much as the other two. I'd take the Flyers offer, but I damn sure wouldn't mind Washington's either.

Plunder the East!!

(after crucifying our Savior...)

(Perhaps, then he'd be ressurected throught free agency.)

Kmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:08 AM
voloshenko18

Hmm. Pavelec + Kovalchuk + 1st?

voloshenko18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Bunter McVirtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by voloshenko18 View Post
Hmm. Pavelec + Kovalchuk + 1st?
Pavelec can be removed, as we already have Schneider, and that is the basis of this deal. Also, Pavelec's stats have been horrendous thus far with a 3.44 GAA and 0.888 Save Percentage. I think it would have to be Kovalchuk + 2009 1st + 2010 1st.

Old
12-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
Pavelec can be removed, as we already have Schneider, and that is the basis of this deal. Also, Pavelec's stats have been horrendous thus far with a 3.44 GAA and 0.888 Save Percentage. I think it would have to be Kovalchuk + 2009 1st + 2010 1st.
yes bc GAA=2.80 sv%=.896 that Cory Schneider currently has is better? and id like to add Schneider plays on a better and much more def minded team!

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote