HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxwell makes it 20

Old
12-13-2008, 01:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Maxwell makes it 20

Since Maxwell is slated to play tonight, once he does he'll become the 20th draft pick from '01 to '06 to appear in at least one game for the Habs since the lockout (3+ years) and he's the first Hab from the '06 draft to appear in a game although he shouldn't be the last as Ryan White, Mathieu Carle and David Fischer could end up seeing time over the next few years.

Not counting '07 and '08, the Habs have had at least one draft pick appear in a game from every draft going back to the '00 draft. The '99 draft is going down as the worst draft in the Habs entire history, as only 1 out of 11 picks that year has appeared in the NHL, with Matt Carkner getting in 1 game with the Sharks in '06. Yikes what a craptapular draft and a fitting end to the 90's decade of poor drafting for the club. At least there's the '98 draft with one of the bigger steals the Habs have had in some time, getting Markov at 162nd overall.

The only time the Habs didn't have at least one draft pick from any draft year play at least one NHL game was back in '67 when the Habs only pick Elgin McCann (8th overall) didn't appear in one NHL game and again in '64 with 0 of the 4 picks appeared in an NHL game in the 2nd year of the draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Where do you see White in the future? I've never really heard a clear assessment of what his place on the team will be.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:18 PM
HotHabsFan*

i have a man crush on TT............

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Where do you see White in the future? I've never really heard a clear assessment of what his place on the team will be.

in a few years,

Ryan White >> Kyle Chipchura !!

Enough said !!

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I've often wondered if he won't end up on the wing, despite being good in face-offs, I fear his skating/foot might push him to the wing, although that's just a guess on my part. I have always like White before we even drafted him, just hope he continues to work on his skating/foot speed and if he does I think we should have a very solid NHLer on our hands as he's got offensive abilities + he plays with grit and sandpaper, will drop the gloves, block shots throw hits, go to the net, has a nice wrist shot and can pass the puck.

He's been hot of late in Hamilton so we'll see how he does this year. I do think he's an NHLer down the road but I'd love to see him get a little faster, even if he doesn't I think he makes the NHL at some point imo as the interesting thing about him is that you can slot him on just about any line as he is not going to hurt you in your own end, can bring the offense, so while I assume that he would be more of a 3rd liner down the road, if things go really well for him in time, maybe he can be a top 6 forward, and if not I think he would certainly be a very nice addition to the 4th line at some point.

Old
12-13-2008, 01:31 PM
LouisJCloutier

I think that this stat proves how much of a good job Trevor Timmins as done for Montreal. It would be interesting to compare those numbers with other teams. Pretty sure that Montreal is top 5 in getting draft pick in the NHL.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Ross MacLochness

Whenever Timmins' contract runs up, just give him the first number he asks for.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:35 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
absofrigginlutely

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
in a few years,

Enough said !!

you base this on? what?

How's going Sergei Erika?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
you base this on? what?

I don't have anything to base on, just pure prediction. I just like Ryan White better

Old
12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
you base this on? what?

she doesnt answer posts...unless you bash SKost.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
I think that this stat proves how much of a good job Trevor Timmins as done for Montreal. It would be interesting to compare those numbers with other teams. Pretty sure that Montreal is top 5 in getting draft pick in the NHL.
I don't want to knock Timmins but he took charge of our scouting only in '03. So some of those accolades go to Andre Savard or whoever was in charge.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Say what ?! look upon you...

I don't answers to aggressive or insulting posts, but I do answer to friendly and calmed posts just like the Iwishihadacup question.

Old
12-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
You mean a blank check.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:13 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Since Maxwell is slated to play tonight, once he does he'll become the 20th draft pick from '01 to '06 to appear in at least one game for the Habs since the lockout (3+ years) and he's the first Hab from the '06 draft to appear in a game although he shouldn't be the last as Ryan White, Mathieu Carle and David Fischer could end up seeing time over the next few years.
I'm confused. You mentioned White, Carle and Fischer, whereas the likes of Pacioretty, Weber, Subban, McDonagh you didn't mention?

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:30 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I'm confused. You mentioned White, Carle and Fischer, whereas the likes of Pacioretty, Weber, Subban, McDonagh you didn't mention?
They were drafted in '07. Montreal was only making reference to the players that were drafted from '01 to '06

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I actually have a feeling that none of our '08 guys will see NHL action. Pateryn could be an exception but he isn't really a Habs draft pick.

EDIT: Forgot about Quailer, he's pretty good actually. He'll make it if not with the Habs, then elsewhere

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
I actually have a feeling that none of our '08 guys will see NHL action. Pateryn could be an exception but he isn't really a Habs draft pick.

EDIT: Forgot about Quailer, he's pretty good actually. He'll make it if not with the Habs, then elsewhere
I pray to god trunev sees action he COULD be a stud

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
She's a bot you mean? This isn't new.

Quote:

Good thing you said feeling, cuz this is just a really bold statement. Hell just recently, our first pick of the 2008 draft Danny Kristo made the U20 US team as the youngest player along with Jordan Schroeder

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 06:25 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
in a few years,

Enough said !!

For once, I don't completely disagree with Erika.

I don't know if he'll be >>, but he'll be at least at the same level.

White is a great defensive player, who is good at faceoffs and is a team leader. He's also got more scoring touch than Chipchura and is quicker.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Timmins the storm

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

Trunev could make it on talent alone.
Johnson could be an NHL bottom line leader, but we'll see with time. From what I've heard, he's struggling this year.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 06:32 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
I have an article on my site that I posted today, I covered it a little more in depth where I talked about the '07 guys. In the sentence I listed White and the others you'll see that I said Maxwell will be the first '06 pick but he won't be the last, meaing the last of the '06 guys to play in the NHL.

I'm aware of the '07 guys, in fact I freaking love the '07 draft, I think it could go down as one of the club's better drafts in some time and that's kind of bold to say this early when you look at '01 (Komisarek/Pleks/Perezhogin), '03 (Kostitsyn, Halak, Lappy,O'B yea I know but I actually think he's going to turn into a very solid bottom pairing D in 2 years or so), '04 (Chipchura, Streit, Grabovski, Emelin maybe), '05 (Price, Lats, D'Ago, Kostitsyn)

Between McDonagh, Pacioretty and Subban, yikes that is one heck of a first day of drafting. I could see all being very good NHLers in say 3-4 years. Plus you have Weber who's right up there among our top prospects and your already looking at one heck of a draft if things go as they seem to be going. Plus some possible fillers like Stejskal, Torp and Conboy. But it's still early so we'll see what happens.

Quote:

I'd put my money on Kristo making the NHL, it might a while as he is still in high school so he's got a ways to go yet I'm guessing, but I know that Timmins was very high on him last year.

My hope for the '08 draft is that it's a better one then '02, which got us Higgins and Ferland plus if Korneev ever comes over. I hate when to not have a 1st rounder but got to love getting Tanguay for 2 picks.

Old
12-13-2008, 07:07 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Not counting '07 and '08, the Habs have had at least one draft pick appear in a game from every draft going back to the '00 draft. The '99 draft is going down as the worst draft in the Habs entire history, as only 1 out of 11 picks that year has appeared in the NHL, with Matt Carkner getting in 1 game with the Sharks in '06. Yikes what a craptapular draft and a fitting end to the 90's decade of poor drafting for the club. At least there's the '98 draft with one of the bigger steals the Habs have had in some time, getting Markov at 162nd overall.

The only time the Habs didn't have at least one draft pick from any draft year play at least one NHL game was back in '67 when the Habs only pick Elgin McCann (8th overall) didn't appear in one NHL game and again in '64 with 0 of the 4 picks appeared in an NHL game in the 2nd year of the draft.
Interesting info. Always nice. Never thought of maxwell being the 1st out of the 06's but he's a good player and I highly doubt his NHL career will be limited to a couple games. His first of many tonight. Hope he plays well, does a d'agostini impersonation.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote