Notices

Game 29: at Nashville, 12/13

Old
12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Caseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inky View Post
I still don't think Tippett uses his personnel properly. I'd like to see Barch, Wilson, Parrish, and Conner with less ice team. I guess they are taking it slowly but I would like to see Wandell playing with more skill and more toi. Stephen was good but needs to control his movement better. Tippett has to do something drastic with that power play. It is ridiculous.
He's playing with half an AHL team.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Dominic Roussel
Adios HF

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by inky View Post
I still don't think Tippett uses his personnel properly. I'd like to see Barch, Wilson, Parrish, and Conner with less ice team. I guess they are taking it slowly but I would like to see Wandell playing with more skill and more toi. Stephen was good but needs to control his movement better. Tippett has to do something drastic with that power play. It is ridiculous.
I agree with Barch and Conner getting less ice time. Parrish has been all but invisible, so I don't really care what he does. As far as Wilson, he's done well as he has used his body and played with effort. Tippett should plant him in front of the net and use him to screen the goaltender because he is big and can take the abuse. Someone needs to go to the front, whether it's for the first line or third line because Morrow isn't here right now and nobody else is doing it.

One thing that I really hate is how when a team gets physical, our team backs down this season. It's gutless and pathetic and it's getting old. Modano needs to learn to take a hit to make a play because tonight he seemed to be more worried about getting hit at the blueline than entering the zone. Too many dump-ins and not enough carry in. It happened a lot with everyone, it's just that I saw Modano doing it alot and I don't like it. Daley...I still don't see why we still have him on this team as a d-man.

With the way our forwards are playing, put Daley on forward position to use his speed and use someone else as a d-man. Have him replace Conner or something. At least Daley just gives the puck up on a pass, not by being flicked off of it.....thumbelina isn't working, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
He's playing with half an AHL team.
Well that half an AHL team beat Detroit because they gave effort, something they haven't done often this season.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:00 PM
inky

Yes, Wilson has been pretty good. Much better than I expected.

inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:17 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
With the way our forwards are playing, put Daley on forward position to use his speed and use someone else as a d-man. Have him replace Conner or something. At least Daley just gives the puck up on a pass, not by being flicked off of it.....thumbelina isn't working, lol.
Uh yeah, the team is currently playing with 3 NHL defensemen... moving one of them to forward is not what I'd call a good idea.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Okay I said play Brunnstrum more and he'll succeed. He has.

I said start Stephan to see what he has and if he should be the back up in the future and because Turco can't play every game. He was fantastic. Even if he's a little spastic in goal.

I said dump Connor, he's not NHL worthy.

Modano should never, ever play wing again.

So all this said, Hull Fan knows what she's talking about. Tippet these things need to be changed.

1) Richards and Modano should never be on the ice together. They have absolutely no chemistry and no matter how often Tips tries to pound these square pegs into round holes it does not work. Especially together on the point on the powerplay, that's just begging for a short handed goal against.

2) I don't like Ribs and Brunnstrum together at least not without Eriksson being the other winger. Bad things happen in the defensive zone otherwise. I want to see Brunny play more with Modano or Richards to see with whom he really clicks.

3) The first one I run out of town is Connor. The second is Parrish. Talk about invisible. I now understand why Minnesota dumped him. There's no there, there.

4) Never play Turco back to back. Stephan has earned more play time and should be subsituted earlier when Marty is awful.

5) These power play combinations, please.

Neal-Ribiero-Eriksson
Richards-Daley

Brunnstrum-Wandell-Parrish
Modano-Hutchinson (substitute Robidas when healthy)

6) These line combinations

Neal-Ribiero-Eriksson
Brunnstrum-Richards-Wandell
Peterson-Modano-Wilson
Barch-Connor-Parrish (rotating these guys in some combination with each of the big three centers, sparingly)

Dallas is neither as good as they played against Detroit nor as bad as they played against Nashville but until they get healthy they are a .500 or below team.

Oh and Sydor's one good game against Detroit doesn't make up for the six bad games. When everyone is healthy Hutchison should stay in the lineup before Sydor, but I know that will never happen.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
Well that half an AHL team beat Detroit because they gave effort, something they haven't done often this season.
I think we all know a) Detroit didn't wake up until the 3rd and b) Dallas got their ass saved by the post numerous times.

Unless Zubov and Lehtinen come back and stay on the ice, this team is not going to the post-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Okay I said play Brunnstrum more and he'll succeed. He has.

I said start Stephan to see what he has and if he should be the back up in the future and because Turco can't play every game. He was fantastic. Even if he's a little spastic in goal.

I said dump Connor, he's not NHL worthy.

Modano should never, ever play wing again.

So all this said, Hull Fan knows what she's talking about. Tippet these things need to be changed.

1) Richards and Modano should never be on the ice together. They have absolutely no chemistry and no matter how often Tips tries to pound these square pegs into round holes it does not work. Especially together on the point on the powerplay, that's just begging for a short handed goal against.

2) I don't like Ribs and Brunnstrum together at least not without Eriksson being the other winger. Bad things happen in the defensive zone otherwise. I want to see Brunny play more with Modano or Richards to see with whom he really clicks.

3) The first one I run out of town is Connor. The second is Parrish. Talk about invisible. I now understand why Minnesota dumped him. There's no there, there.

4) Never play Turco back to back. Stephan has earned more play time and should be subsituted earlier when Marty is awful.

6) These line combinations

Neal-Ribiero-Eriksson
Brunnstrum-Richards-Wandell
Peterson-Modano-Wilson
Barch-Connor-Parrish (rotating these guys in some combination with each of the big three centers, sparingly)

Dallas is neither as good as they played against Detroit nor as bad as they played against Nashville but until they get healthy they are a .500 or below team.

Oh and Sydor's one good game against Detroit doesn't make up for the six bad games. When everyone is healthy Hutchison should stay in the lineup before Sydor, but I know that will never happen.
Gagreed. I've never liked Modano and Richards together.

Old
12-14-2008, 01:35 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Can we please undo the Sydor trade? He sucks, and he's not making the young players any better.

From the parts of the game I heard, it sounds like (I didn't get to see this one) that Stephan made great saves and gave up a pair of bad goals, which were in some part due to defensive incompetence (not that people ever blame the defense when its Turco in net). He didn't earn any substantial playing time if that's the case, but he also didn't shoot himself in the foot like he did in Chicago.

Brunnstrom has been inconsistent. This doesn't sound like his best game (or the best game from any of the offensive players). I know we all ragged Arnott for scoring hat tricks against the Preds, but people have to get those types of games against these types of teams. Someone on the forwards, from Wandell up to Modano, needs to figure out how to score against crap opponents.

Last edited by Kritter471: 12-14-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:59 AM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Can we please undo the Sydor trade? He sucks, and he's not making the young players any better.
Sydor has a calming presence on Niskanen. - Darryl Reaugh.
Even if Reaugh is completely wrong on it.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:04 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Stephan definitely earned more playing time. The team in front of him was downright embarrassing. This should've been 5 or 6 to 0.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I don't necessarily disagreed, but he was great 2 games ago and good tonight. Plus, Boucher is hurt already for Pittburgh, so warm body is better than no body (especially with our injuries).

Old
12-14-2008, 09:32 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post

From the parts of the game I heard, it sounds like (I didn't get to see this one) that Stephan made great saves and gave up a pair of bad goals, which were in some part due to defensive incompetence (not that people ever blame the defense when its Turco in net). He didn't earn any substantial playing time if that's the case, but he also didn't shoot himself in the foot like he did in Chicago.

Brunnstrom has been inconsistent. This doesn't sound like his best game (or the best game from any of the offensive players). I know we all ragged Arnott for scoring hat tricks against the Preds, but people have to get those types of games against these types of teams. Someone on the forwards, from Wandell up to Modano, needs to figure out how to score against crap opponents.
You didn't see the game, but based on comments you think Stephan didn't earn time?

Stephan was amazing and constantly getting peppered with pucks. The goals he let in weren't bad and started from poor plays on defense, Sydor involved in both of them. On the other hand, Stephan made 5 or 6 unbelievable saves.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote