HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Arab Ice Hockey Federation

Old
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
HockeyAlgeria

vCash: 500
Arab Ice Hockey Federation

With UAE busy preparing the IIHF Asia challenge cup in Abu Dhabi, we take this opportinity to announce the creation of an Arab Ice Hockey Federation.

The Arab Ice Hockey Federation wont be an authority as the IIHF is, but will be more focused on working together for the progress of the sport in the Arab world. The Arab Cup was a good example of the good things that can happen if we work together.

So far the members are Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and UAE, and we hope for Kuwait to join soon. With hockey being played in Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman and Qatar, we expect more countries to join in future.

More news to come as things get more organised.

http://www.arabicehockeyfederation.com

HockeyAlgeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAlgeria View Post
With UAE busy preparing the IIHF Asia challenge cup in Abu Dhabi, we take this opportinity to announce the creation of an Arab Ice Hockey Federation.

The Arab Ice Hockey Federation wont be an authority as the IIHF is, but will be more focused on working together for the progress of the sport in the Arab world. The Arab Cup was a good example of the good things that can happen if we work together.

So far the members are Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia and UAE, and we hope for Kuwait to join soon. With hockey being played in Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman and Qatar, we expect more countries to join in future.

More news to come as things get more organised.

http://www.arabicehockeyfederation.com

Ok, here what I see on the main page of the site....
We are pleased to announce the creation of the Arab Ice Hockey Federation.

The Arab Ice Hockey Federation was formed with the growing amount of Arab nations and Arabic players participating in the sport of ice hockey. The leaders of these Arabic hockey playing nations have come together, united for the love of the sport and the need for progress.

Our aim is for a higher level of participation, more media coverage, youth involvement, and the addition of new nations, amongst other things.

Ok, first, I would like to congratulate you on a great accomplishment. It hard sometimes to bring teams together under the same umbrella.

However, I see that within your mission statement you have stated that you have united for the "Love" of the sport and the "Need" for progress.

Ok, I will buy that. However, to get better, you will have to play teams that are better then you. This means that you will have to play teams from outside the Arab Federation.

Now, there is an underground movement here within USA to not trust Muslums and it is fast growing. Even though the far right would have us believe that the minute we get together, you would cut our heads off for being infidels.

The reason why I say this is not that I am a bigot, I have grown up all my life with these types of prejudice comments or ideas. It's just the fact that most people are concern about keeping their heads.

I would love to help you changes these prejudices. The only way I can think of this is to have you guys come here to the USA and play some teams of your caliber around the country.

I would be willing to be the point man for you here in the USA if you need one to help you set up games, find hotels, sight seeing...etc.

Congrats! On your new federation.

Head Coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
HockeyAlgeria

Its not been set up to seperate ourselves from the rest of the world, but more because UAE and Kuwait have better facilities and financial backing, and the the North African teams have more experienced players playing in europe, so to bring that together we hope to improve our level of play and play in future world championships.

I know the moroccans have taken junior teams to america and canada for the last couple of years to take part in tournaments, the Kuwaitis usually travel to Czech to play, and this year the Algerians played 4 games in London, UK, as warm up for the arab cup.

Old
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAlgeria View Post
so to bring that together we hope to improve our level of play and play in future world championships.
Ok, so what can I do to help you? Or, do you not need any help? If you PM me, I could provide you with a couple of links that would be useful.

Head coach

Last edited by Headcoach: 12-08-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2008, 09:35 PM
BearChi

hey HA will syria and lebanon be joining soon
EID MUBARACK TOO

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 02:01 PM
HockeyAlgeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
Ok, so what can I do to help you? Or, do you not need any help? If you PM me, I could provide you with a couple of links that would be useful.

Head coach
yea we like to make connections with as many people as we can in the hockey world.

Old
12-08-2008, 02:05 PM
HockeyAlgeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy4hart View Post
hey HA will syria and lebanon be joining soon
EID MUBARACK TOO
Eid mubarak brother.

I've not heard from any hockey in syria, but according to UAE, lebanon were gonna enter a team in the arab cup, so i'd expect them to join fairly soon.

I've been speaking to samy nasreddine, brother of pittsburgh prenguins alain nasreddine, who is of lebanese origin, and he may get involved somehow.

Old
12-12-2008, 11:35 AM
MxK1NGS

It is good to see that other countries around the world are playing the sport....
Good luck and hopefully the Arab Ice Hockey Federation will grow bigger.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
the_speedster

How about Turkey? I hear ice hockey has a decent movement there too.

the_speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
IIHFjerseycollector

Send a message via AIM to IIHFjerseycollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_speedster View Post

as far as i know they have been a DIV III country for about 10 years . they are always about middle of the pack in that division.

IIHFjerseycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
HockeyAlgeria

Quote:
Yea turkey doing pretty well, their league seems to be improving. They count as Europe in international competition though.

Old
12-19-2008, 03:13 AM
jekoh

Quote:
Turkey is not an Arab country.

jekoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
AIREAYE

You guys should read 'Tropic of Hockey' by Dave Bidini...he played for the UAE team and talks about hockey in a bunch of unknown places

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote