HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash

Old
12-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Canad93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
(signed) Nash <-> Horton
(unsigned) Nash <-> Olesz
...wait. what?

how does Nash equal Olesz?

Canad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:46 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSprague24 View Post
I think Commie has an NTC, punk_o_holic.
NTC, damn. I wonder if he would waive it to go close to his home. Then again maybe he wouldn't want to play at home with all the pressure. Anyhow, doesn't matter, we could just go with my 2nd offer.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Canad93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
None of these trade offers would even make the CBJ budge. Come July next year, Nash will sign a contract that keeps him in Columbus for a long long time.

Sorry.
*snicker*

*chuckle and turn away*

Old
12-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
If Nash is to be traded it will be because Columbus can't re-sign him to a long term deal. Sorry to say it but that wouldn't exactly put Columbus in a position of strength. Thats what the OP is saying, whats his value assuming it's known that he won't re-sign, and if thats the case it won't take a massive overpayment.
Fine, but last I checked Nash is signed through next season. There's no way Columbus is trading him anyway so people need to stop with the ridiculous offers that make no sense for Columbus.

Also don't give me the anyone can be traded ....Gretzky was traded, Jagr was traded spiel...there were certain circumstances that led to those and well...frankly...Nash isn't going anywhere. Scott Howson would be tarred and feathered out of town if he accepted some of these outrageously bad offers.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Zanon

A 2nd rounder.

Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey16 View Post
Nash wouldn't be moved unless there was severe overpayment.
Why the guys never hit 70 points!? He is so overrated.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
A 2nd rounder.

Old
12-14-2008, 12:51 AM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I'm very confused at you Boston fans. Am I the only one that wouldn't trade Bergeron for Nash straight up?

Bergeron has had two seasons with more points than Nash had in his best season. He's also almost a year younger and is signed to a longer contract, at a lower salary. What am I missing?
Bergeron is teh suck du jour. You see, some Boston fans have yet to break free of their cynical past and Bergeron... well he looks like he missed a whole year. Instead of looking forward to Bergeron regaining form later in the year and essentially acting as a late-season acquisition that doesn't cost anything, they'd rather clamor for Krejci's promotion and claim the Jones Incident is equivalent to Eric Lindros crackng Joe Thornton in the face.

Difference is, Bergeron goes into corners just as quickly as he used to. He's a little behind game speed and his offense leaves a little bit to be desired, but he's coming around.

Add this to the fact that Boston is woefully shallow at the LW position, and suddenly B's fans are seeing Lucic size with Kessel skill and imagining what might be.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Why the guys never hit 70 points!? He is so overrated.
Until this year when he will eclipse 70. And there's more to hockey than just points, Nash is a great two way player. Oh yeah, and he's the face of the franchise and most marketable player on the team. And hes the captain and only 24 years old. Makes perfect sense he'd be traded

So on one hand, we need to keep making threads to try and steal Nash from Columbus, yet he's overrated.

But i'm done in this thread it will only end badly.

Old
12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Zanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassard Calder View Post

Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh Pit View Post
Not to say that Nash has more value than Kovy, but Nash isn't exactly in the best system to produce points.

Keep dreaming. It starts with Hemsky.

I wouldn't do it from a Leaf POV. We need to rebuild with that 1st 09, and we could just wait until 2010 just in case he is free. No need to rush things.
Hemsky's a hell of alot better than Nash! try Nash and a 1st for a guy that could hit 100 points soon and is on pace for around 90. It doesnt need to start with Hemsky.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Canad93

Quote:
Fine, but last I checked Nash is signed through next season. There's no way Columbus is trading him anyway so people need to stop with the ridiculous offers that make no sense for Columbus.

Also don't give me the anyone can be traded ....Gretzky was traded, Jagr was traded spiel...there were certain circumstances that led to those and well...frankly...Nash isn't going anywhere. Scott Howson would be tarred and feathered out of town if he accepted some of these outrageously bad offers.
That didn't stop Peter Pocklington. eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
Bergeron, Lashoff, Axelsson, 1st/2nd rounder?
..The Boston Bruins have voted in favour of bailing out the Columbus Blue Jackets franchise, and are pledging $700 billion in cold hard cash to attempt to rebuild their crumbling economy..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
So the Oilers have to start with Hemsky, but the Leafs could just get him for free? I dont think so.

Ahh c'est la vie. The Toronto Maple Leafs own the world.

Quote:
tchh. yeah.

a third at best.

kidding.

Old
12-14-2008, 03:10 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Hemsky's a hell of alot better than Nash! try Nash and a 1st for a guy that could hit 100 points soon and is on pace for around 90. It doesnt need to start with Hemsky.
If Hemský would play under Hitch forgot on his productivity. Nasher is better than Hemmer.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 09:39 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
A 2nd rounder.
Rick Nash for a 2nd? No way.

That would be the desperation move to end all desperation moves if the CBJ did that. I don't even think if Nash were yelling "Trade me right f-ing now!" and knocking stuff over in Howson's office, would we move him straight up for a 2nd.

We got a 1st and a 4th for Adam Foote last season, and that was when he forced his way out.

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 12-14-2008 at 09:45 AM.
CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 09:47 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I love Mealticket as much as anyone, but if the jackets don't make the playoffs this season and at least get out of the first round next season, there is a real chance Nash may test the market in the 09-10 offseason.

He could probably get more money and not even have to play as big a role as he does now. He wouldn't be burdened with being the captain, being counted on to provide the lion's share of the offense, playing under Hitchcock, and he could conceivably have a better chance at immediate results. Nash will be in his mid twenties by that time, the time to sign him to a 10 plus year deal will have passed, if he signs it, his career will end in Columbus, unless he's traded. I just think something like a 2 or 3 year deal near max by a team on the brink with plenty of offensive support would be enough to sway Nash. Does anybody see Nash being Brady-esque in taking less money than he could get elsewhere to address areas of need?

I have a hard time believing Columbus management would be willing to shell out Ovechkin-esque money for Nash, not till I see it. And do we want to be handcuffed to a player that long? Even one thats supposed to be "the Franchise"?

I know some of my fellow CBJ poster bethren/sisteren won't like it, but there it is.

Last edited by KeithBWhittington: 12-14-2008 at 09:57 AM.
KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Hemsky's a hell of alot better than Nash!
At what? Passing? That's about it.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:55 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
Until this year when he will eclipse 70. And there's more to hockey than just points, Nash is a great two way player. Oh yeah, and he's the face of the franchise and most marketable player on the team. And hes the captain and only 24 years old. Makes perfect sense he'd be traded

So on one hand, we need to keep making threads to try and steal Nash from Columbus, yet he's overrated.

But i'm done in this thread it will only end badly.
No Nash isnt a great 2 way player. The defensive side of his game has come a long way but hes still just an average 2 way player. Statements like this is partly why he gets the overrated tag from other fanbases.

Hes never had over 70 points, hes had half a season at a ppg pace and he shared the Richard trophy one time with 2 other players. People use Hitchcocks system as an excuse, use his lack of teammates for an excuse and the list goes on. Superstar players make their teammates better not the other way around. Nash is more of a complimentary guy rather than a guy you build a team around. Some of these offers are actually pretty damn good for Nash. Hemsky+ , Bergeron+ are actually great deals for the Jackets.

kingpest19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:10 PM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

From Ottawa I'd offer Mike Fisher, Anton Volchenkov and Nick Folingo or 1st round pick.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:51 PM
mrinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeDee View Post
Let's say he doesn't want to re-sign in Columbus for some reason.

How much does he get in return? Remember that his contract length is the same as Kovalchuk's.
Nash with a contract i'm ready to give both Kost and a pick.

with no contract.. Fischer+Maxwell and 1rst pick in 2010

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Rangers offer:
Gomez
Rozsival
Dawes
Fritsche

Rangers get:
Nash
2nd round pick in 2009

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:20 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Rangers offer:
Gomez
Rozsival
Dawes
Fritsche

Rangers get:
Nash
2nd round pick in 2009
Without Backman thrown in the mix, we're not even talking....

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote