HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitt-Ott

Old
12-14-2008, 01:40 PM
66-29-33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Orpik and Gonchar have good chemistry and compliment each other's style very well. They usually seem to be able to read what the other is going to do and how to respond accordingly. It's more of a desire to keep a good pairing together than putting Orpik over Volchenkov, I'd imagine.
Yeah, that is why.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:05 PM
kyle3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
presise wich first rounder ottawa has 2
It doesn't matter which first rounder, because either way that favors Ottawa too much. Getting both Letang and Whitney for that package is not enough.

Last edited by kyle3434: 12-14-2008 at 05:59 PM.
kyle3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:08 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3434 View Post
It doesn't matter which first rouner, because either way that favors Ottawa too much. Getting both Letang and Whitney for that package is not enough.
That's right because Pens have a team full of crappy players with minus value.

Seems on HF Pens have no good players, only junk.

edit- nvm i thought u said Whitney and Letang were not good enough for a Sens 1st rounder, or Sharks 1st rounder.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
4rde

Quote:
It doesn't matter which first rouner, because either way that favors Ottawa too much. Getting both Letang and Whitney for that package is not enough.
Ye i know it sounds too good for ottawa but i still believe Vermette would blossom in other team and the Pens have always selected good players as their 1st rounds. Letang is medium class player and whitney have been injured for long time and that usually means the same injury could continue bothering him for years to come and besides pittsburgh have plenty of good D atm.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arde View Post
Ye i know it sounds too good for ottawa but i still believe Vermette would blossom in other team and the Pens have always selected good players as their 1st rounds. Letang is medium class player and whitney have been injured for long time and that usually means the same injury could continue bothering him for years to come and besides pittsburgh have plenty of good D atm.
He didn't have an injury though. He had a foot defect that he has played through his entire life and it just got to the point where he could no longer play with it. He had his foot surgically repaired, so if anything, he'll be much better than he has ever been.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURAKAN View Post
He didn't have an injury though. He had a foot defect that he has played through his entire life and it just got to the point where he could no longer play with it. He had his foot surgically repaired, so if anything, he'll be much better than he has ever been.
Oh okay didnt know that.

Well ottawa might aswell throw both of their 1st picks

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:14 PM
HSF

Ottawa wont be trading their first rounders in this DEEP draft, maybe only for Bouwmeester but even then i dont think Murray is going to give up on any one of those 1st rounders.

Hell he tried to move u[ in the draft last year but didnt have the pieces, this year he may be looking to move up again and that other first rounder may come in handy when trying to move up

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
as it is right now, ottawa's is allllllllllllllloooooooootttt lower in overall then the other one we have...san jose will finish probably first if they keep this going :s

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:03 PM
kyle3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
as it is right now, ottawa's is allllllllllllllloooooooootttt lower in overall then the other one we have...san jose will finish probably first if they keep this going :s
Yeah, but I'd rather keep Letang and Whitney than give them up for a first round pick and Vermette +.

Old
12-14-2008, 06:10 PM
kyle3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
That's right because Pens have a team full of crappy players with minus value.

Seems on HF Pens have no good players, only junk.

edit- nvm i thought u said Whitney and Letang were not good enough for a Sens 1st rounder, or Sharks 1st rounder.
Haha, when I first read your post I was hoping you misunderstood what I said. I'm also a Pens fan, and I'm happy with Whitney unlike a lot of people. I don't think we should trade him because he had surgery unlike popular opinion it seems. I guess I could have worded my post a little better before; but yeah if we give up both Whitney and Letang, then what happens when Gonchar is no longer a Pen. We only have Goligoski, so then we are back to trying to get a good offensive dman.

Old
12-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Ottawa don't have the pieces to make a thread for the guys they would want from our blueline, as the ones they do have and we would like, they wouldn't give up... and we couldn't afford them anyway.

So there's nothing here to see, unless we're talking Ottawa taking one of the depth D guys we don't need at the deadline for a pick. That can only be one of Boucher, Eaton or Scuds anyway, and only Boucher remotely qualifies as a puck moving D. So... nothing much to see here .

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Luigi Lemieux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
I think Goligoski's value is pretty high.

He leads all rookie defensemen in points, and is 6th overall for rookies I believe. He's also not even close to developed defensively.

Goligoski for Vermette and a 2nd or 3rd?
goligoski's going to be a great dman in this league. i'd prefer holding onto him. in general i'd like to see how this pens team does at full strength before dealing off a good asset. sure the pens have too many puck moving dmen, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. boucher will be off the books next year, and gonchar is starting to get older and may only have a couple of high level years left. ottawa can't exactly help the pens out that much anyway considering they also struggle with scoring depth.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arde View Post
To Ottawa: Ryan Whitney, Kris Letang
To Pitts: Antoine Vermette, Ilya Zubov, 1st Rounder

I think Letang could be on the market if pitts get good offer for him.. And imo pitts have more than enough defensemen atm so why not trade a few. Sens would probably get rid of Kuba after this trade and send Lee & Bell back to ahl.
Are you serious? The Sens do not have what we need and there is NO way I would send to young d-men to Ottawa for that deal. For BOTH of those kids, at least ONE of your top three would have to be involved. WE need top six wingers with size who can finish. I don't see that up there.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougePen25 View Post
Are you serious? The Sens do not have what we need and there is NO way I would send to young d-men to Ottawa for that deal. For BOTH of those kids, at least ONE of your top three would have to be involved. WE need top six wingers with size who can finish. I don't see that up there.
Pittsburgh would have to give up more if one of the big 3 was involved.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougePen25 View Post
lol credibility lost

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote