HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I Keep Missing the Darn Net

Old
12-13-2008, 12:28 AM
evgeni71

vCash: 500
I Keep Missing the Darn Net

Pretty much self explanatory.

I have a pretty good wrist shot, it's just that I can't seem to hit the net at all lately. Usually it's hard and accurate, but it's always missing by a hair now. This is getting ridiculous, I could've scored 2-3 goals in a game today but I just shot em wide. I think for the next couple games I'm just gonna bury my head and just shoot em as hard as I can.

Help?

evgeni71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:46 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

I have a pretty good wrist shot, it's just that I can't seem to hit the net at all lately. Usually it's hard and accurate, but it's always missing by a hair now. This is getting ridiculous, I could've scored 2-3 goals in a game today but I just shot em wide. I think for the next couple games I'm just gonna bury my head and just shoot em as hard as I can.

Help?
If you're not having any luck scoring shoot low and hard and look to get rebounds for both yourself and your teammates. If that goes well and you feel like you're contributing you'll get your confidence back with the goal scoring.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Elshupacabra

Don't over think it, just shoot.

Elshupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

Quote:

Help?
Like the old saying goes, aim for the post and you'll get it right on net.

It's a weird saying and I can't explain it for the life of me, but sometimes it is so true and it works for me, at least from a psychological standpoint.

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Go a little early one day and shoot the puck a lot. Get it out of your system...

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:07 PM
deanosaur

Focus less on power and more on accuracy. Or pass

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 04:11 PM
iceman_88888888

you could go with the luc robitaille philosophy of shooting for the middle of the net. i mean, you can't go wrong taking advice from a guy who scored over 600 goals.
after you get the confidence back, start picking spots.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:

Help?
What position do you play? The advice you got from one of the others here on this thread to shoot for the middle....well, it's impossible for the puck to enter the goalies chest, through his spine, and into the net.

Just remember this. What ever shot you do, where ever you point the tip of your blade after the release, is where the puck is going to go.

If you shoot high the puck goes high. If you shot low the puck goes low. Remember to roll your wrist on the release during the shot. This rolling of the wrist will help you aim.

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:52 PM
noobman

Do you have a whippy stick?

IF you gained some weight or got stronger your stick flex may be too low. I find that my shots are usually less accurate when I have a stick that flexes too much.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:21 PM
reload2004

Quote:

Help?

I think it's all in your head you are thinking too much. Once you finally net one you'll get it back! I'd try that for a shift or two lol, but I wouldn't want to make a blind shot at some ones shin pad and give the other team an odd man rush!

reload2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
HansonBro

im sorry if i missed this point but......LOOK WHERE YOU SHOOT!! pretty simple

HansonBro is offline   Reply With Quote