HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I need a way to defend myself

Old
12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
ashleesimpson<3*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ashleesimpson<3* Send a message via Yahoo to ashleesimpson<3*
I need a way to defend myself

This is my second season of hockey(I'm a goalie) and last year I was on a team with a bunch of big players so I didnt get much abuse but this year my almost all my team except for me and two others are under 5"7 and so the others teams have been taking advantage of that and its resulted in a few injuries (groin, neck, back, arm, etc.). I need something that will help me keep players off of me without drawing a penalty cause the refs have only made one goalie interference call this year(I think it was goalie interference, whatever the penalty is when you shoot away the other teams goalies stick). What can I do to help myself, I give all the slashes and stuff but it doesnt do much to help me, really. Any advice on what I could possibly do would be great.

ashleesimpson<3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensFTW View Post
This is my second season of hockey(I'm a goalie) and last year I was on a team with a bunch of big players so I didnt get much abuse but this year my almost all my team except for me and two others are under 5"7 and so the others teams have been taking advantage of that and its resulted in a few injuries (groin, neck, back, arm, etc.). I need something that will help me keep players off of me without drawing a penalty cause the refs have only made one goalie interference call this year(I think it was goalie interference, whatever the penalty is when you shoot away the other teams goalies stick). What can I do to help myself, I give all the slashes and stuff but it doesnt do much to help me, really. Any advice on what I could possibly do would be great.
Just a thought:

Send exactly what you just wrote to the head of referees in your league asking his advice and what in his opinion would be acceptable.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Twist and Shout

Slash, slash and slash some more.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
ashleesimpson<3*

Send a message via MSN to ashleesimpson<3* Send a message via Yahoo to ashleesimpson<3*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Just a thought:

Send exactly what you just wrote to the head of referees in your league asking his advice and what in his opinion would be acceptable.
I would but the head ref... well hes a ******, he doesnt care about the players safety or anything, he just likes kicking people out of games.

Old
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
densetsu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5u0khFnHUg

densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:24 PM
OilerNut*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Terror91
Lets Do It.

Next time someone gets in your kitchen, give em a shot. not a slash, punch em. it will draw a crowd but they learn to back off.

Terror91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM
noobman

Put your stick between his legs and give him a few crotch chops as a warning. If he keeps it up, start slashing the back of his legs.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

tell the guys in front of you to grow some and start to protect you more.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
reload2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
tell the guys in front of you to grow some and start to protect you more.
Ditto, just like how the Habs closed down the front of the net after that AMAZING player downie ran their goalie. I loved it!

(the shut down, not downie's play)

Last edited by reload2004: 12-14-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: update
reload2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Ok, I am speaking from experience here. The more you worry about the shooter, the less you are doing your job. If you are too busy "Hextal Hacking" you are not paying attention to your job....stopping the puck.

Playing goalie is a game within a game and all of this bumping and prodding is part of the game. How many time have you seen goalies give up the puck because some player pushed on his glove? It happens all the time. Dont' get pis*ed off because you let in the goal. Next time, lay your stick in front of your glove to protect the poking.

Do some players deserve a good beating? Yes, but let your defensemen take care of it....not you! You need to stay focused. Let me ask you this....

Now many other guys on the team are trying to stop a 3 inch disk going 60 to 100 miles an hour? Dude, you are the last hope for defense. The puck shall NOT go in!

But if you are pushing, slashing, jabbing...you are not stopping the puck. Did you stop to think that the coach on the other team knows he can throw you off you game. Especially if you are stopping the puck! He's going to send a man into your crease to **** with you. That's his job!

If the other coach can throw you off your game, he know he's going to score goals. And that is the ultimate goal...to win.

So, tell your Head coach how you feel, and tell him that you are getting hammered. He should have the defensemen back those players out of the crease, you you can get a clear look at the puck.

What I want you to do is stop the puck and control your rebounds!

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
PIMking

Well, I play anywere on the ice but started at Defense. I would never let anyone I mean anyone hit my goalie. Im 5'10 now and I dont care how big you were or how tough you were you dont hit my goalie.

Tell you defense to stop them from doing that.

Hell the next time you go to cover and the D doesnt stop the guy from taking a liberty wack at you just punch him with you blocker and be prepared because its coming back. you will earn respect from it. Once people know that your going to fight back on stuff like that it dont happen.

I wish I played in your league because that would not happen anymore.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Spitfire11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ifRJ-MSeY

They'd be mad to go near you again.

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
ashleesimpson<3*

OK well I had some idiot pulling an Avery today, so i gave him 3 punches before making a diving save. I slashed some people in the hand and sent one kid flying when he was going through my crease, they stayed away after that.

Old
12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
noobman

Quote:
OK well I had some idiot pulling an Avery today, so i gave him 3 punches before making a diving save. I slashed some people in the hand and sent one kid flying when he was going through my crease, they stayed away after that.
Good work bud. As a guy that stands in front of the net a lot myself I can tell you that I hate that. The other thing you can do (but be careful about it) is push the stick under the skate blade, or try to wedge it in the gap of the holders.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 127

and

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote