HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike/Bauer Vapor V2 V.S. RBK SC87-3 V.S. Sherwood RM7 VS Synergy

Old
12-14-2008, 12:14 AM
PhysicalTorque

vCash: 500
Nike/Bauer Vapor V2 V.S. RBK SC87-3 V.S. Sherwood RM7 VS Synergy

Quadruple threat showdown against 4 sticks.

Nike/Bauer Vapor V2 V.S. RBK SC87-3 V.S. Sherwood RM7 V.S.
Synergy SC2

I have to chose between these four sticks, though, I never was really good at evaluating them, anyhow, I need your help HFers, I need to know which of these sticks is the most durable, powerful, flexible, better feel, wrister, slapper, and which one is good for a right winger like me at 5'11.5.

Please and thank you

P.S. is Hespeler good?

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
iceman_88888888

off the hop, hespeler isn't that great of a stick altho they were rather innovative with their one stick when they added a rubber pad to the blade to add a little "feel" to the stick but otherwise, it's not great.

anyways, if you want something pretty decent, grab the synergy sc2. it's the best of your list. the rbk and nbh is poorly balanced while i have no experience with the sherwood so i won't comment on it. the sc2 is balanced pretty well and the weight isn't too bad.

all the sticks have a flex point that's about 2/3 down the stick so it'll be better for your slap shot while the quickness you get your wrister or snapper off may slow up a bit. if you add another stick to your list, the tps r6, that is a pretty good 2nd or 3rd tier stick. it's amazingly well balanced so it feels much lighter than its listed weight. the durability is also unmatched compared to the 4 you've listed. the feel is lacking but you get what you pay for.

so grab the sc2 if you can but if you're able to grab a tps r6 or even an r8, you'll be pretty happy.

iceman_88888888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 01:18 PM
PhysicalTorque

What about the Nike Bauer One40?

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Stefan It Up

To be totally honest, those are all low to mid-range sticks that won't really make much of a difference, and aren't all that different from one another. If you're that picky about performance with that budget, you're better off getting some good quality wood sticks.

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote