HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#29 -- Penguins @ Flyers -- Saturday, December 13, 2008 -- 1:00 PM (ET)

Old
12-14-2008, 01:20 AM
AaronTrieu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
People at the game hopefully you saw this:

Dancin Seany towards the end, a pens fan gets in front and starts being a dick, eventually punches the camera dude, and gets rushed by like 5 staff and fans. All of this by the way is being played on the jumbotron(from the camera mans perspective at least).

Im pretty sure someone tumbled down the steps too. But anyway, I was lucky enough to see that crazy **** go down from a few rows down.
damn...he posts a lot on the flyers sit board a lot. did he post anything about that?

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 02:35 AM
AaronTrieu

i think its shawn...so no

Old
12-14-2008, 02:46 AM
AaronTrieu

whoops. it turns out it is shawn hill. here is a post of his description what what happened.

http://forums.philadelphiaflyers.com...howtopic=12010

Old
12-14-2008, 03:09 AM
BerubeBox*

Cooke is officially the new Malone. What an absolutely gutless chicken****. That's 2 games in a row now someone has thrown a dirty hit against one of our D and hasn't had the courage to stand for his actions. To be honest I was a little disappointed to see Malone leave Pittsburgh, he made the rivalry even better. Glad he has a replacement and the next game should be great. Cooke will have a huge target on his head, the *****.

I don't mind Godard fighting Hartnell. Wasn't even really upset about the early punches (which he paid for with a roughing call), or the late ones. Hartnell talks a big game and unlike some cowardly pukes, he can back it up. Though for the life of me I can't understand penguins fans saying Godard shouldn't bother with Cote because he's beaten him before. Did they just start watching hockey last week? Enforcers beat each other up all the time. It's the general idea. I guess having Laraque for a year might give the ignorant the wrong ideas about fighting in hockey.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:14 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
If Canes were just a little better, they would win in regulation or OT.
two full min 5 on 3, 5-6 chances in OT against NYR 1 or 2 chance. Best chance was by Girardi.

Henrik did it again for NYR.
It was a perfect shot too. Just excellent.
If the Canes were a little bit better, they wouldn't have blown a 5-1 lead in the third. Works both ways--one day it helps us, the next it hurts us.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:37 AM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:

Dancin Seany towards the end, a pens fan gets in front and starts being a dick, eventually punches the camera dude, and gets rushed by like 5 staff and fans. All of this by the way is being played on the jumbotron(from the camera mans perspective at least).

Im pretty sure someone tumbled down the steps too. But anyway, I was lucky enough to see that crazy **** go down from a few rows down.
yeah i saw that! i was in section 217 so i was a few sections away and i saw a bunch of people stand up and cheer. next thing i know like 5 "event staff" people are running up the steps and corral this pens fans. then everyone cheered and did the ******* chant.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Rags win the shootout on the fifth round.
That Drury goal in the shootout was disgusting.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:56 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
whoops. it turns out it is shawn hill. here is a post of his description what what happened.

Shawn did a good job by describing what happened.

Someone posted later in the thread, and they're right, if you're in an away arena, you cheer your team on and respect the home fans, that's it. I know Flyers fans have been guilty of it at times, but two wrongs don't make a right.

When I'm in away arenas, I'll stand up and cheer when the Flyers score, ignore the "Sit DOWN!"s, and cheer them on. When the play restarts, I'm back into the game, not going around looking for a brawl.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
This is a job for Jules.

That guy always does, I dig that about him.
I might have to work on that....LOL

Quote:

Quote:

Shawny does a good job describing it. I know Philly fans get a bad rep for how they act at games, but this is the first time in a long time (maybe once with the Habs last season in the playoffs...) that I've seen decent "fight" at a game. I'm all the way across the arena and could see what happened, so you know it was crazy.

Good for the camera guy fightin' back!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
CharlieGirl

I just saw this picture on Hockeybuzz. We all said it was disgusting at the time that there was no call made, but wow. Textbook boarding, I'd say.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

That sick **** is enjoying it too.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I just saw this picture on Hockeybuzz. We all said it was disgusting at the time that there was no call made, but wow. Textbook boarding, I'd say.

What a great picture to offer proof of how bad the officiating is. Thank God Kimmo was OK.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 01:01 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
When i first saw the check on Kimmo, I jumped out of my living room chair and screamed. 'NO ****ING CALL!? UNBELIEVABLE! But, after the check was over I was thanking God Kimmo was alright.

Yeah, I def went to High School with Shawn Hill. He was funny as hell.

Last edited by dbr2: 12-15-2008 at 01:07 AM.
dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 01:27 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
When i first saw the check on Kimmo, I jumped out of my living room chair and screamed. 'NO ****ING CALL!? UNBELIEVABLE! But, after the check was over I was thanking God Kimmo was alright.

Yeah, I def went to High School with Shawn Hill. He was funny as hell.
I'll tell you what, I'm so discusted with the officiating right now that if I played I'd be taking slapshots at the back of the refs heads. I'd send the message that if you are going to call the games one-sided and be biased against us, we are gunning for you. I'd make damn certain that they know they will reap what they sow. You're going to let them try to intenitonally injure our players without repricussions, we are going to take you out.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:46 AM
chaosof99*

I'm still wondering about this game:
I'm pretty sure Cannon actually shot the puck for Knuble's stick rather than the goal, but did Upshall shoot for Carter's stick?
Though, Carts has the blade of his stick pretty much exactly in Upshall's line of sight of the netting by the far post.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Casey Tatum

Quote:

"Meanwhile, I had no idea what to do, so I just stood on the armrests and kept dancing."

Hahahaha.

Casey Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I believe it was lupul who fired the shot off for carters stick, i also think he definatly meant it. He's even looking at carter when he shoots

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:54 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I believe it was lupul who fired the shot off for carters stick, i also think he definatly meant it. He's even looking at carter when he shoots
Yup, sorry. Fuzzy memory. Also recently re-watched game 5 against the Habs and the game winner there was Upshall deflecting a Carter shot so I guess that had something to do with it me thinking Upshall propelled the puck.

As for the situation, I believe you are right because looking at replays from multiple angles it doesn't look like Lups had any net to shoot at so he just looked where there was a stick pointing at the net.

I think the Lupul-Carter-Hartnell line is working out pretty well.

Old
12-15-2008, 11:04 AM
AaronTrieu

I think that one goal where Richards assisted Knuble on the PP deflection he was looking for Gagne for the slam dunk. Knuble is a thief. LOL. If Knuble didn't deflect it Gagne would have put it in anyways. Those three really work well together.

Old
12-15-2008, 11:06 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
I think that one goal where Richards assisted Knuble on the PP deflection he was looking for Gagne for the slam dunk. Knuble is a thief. LOL. If Knuble didn't deflect it Gagne would have put it in anyways. Those three really work well together.
Knuble admitted it was heading to Gagne. He said something like " I knew I could re-direct it and I hadnt scored a couple of goals in awhile so I went for it"

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:32 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Knuble admitted it was heading to Gagne. He said something like " I knew I could re-direct it and I hadnt scored a couple of goals in awhile so I went for it"
I have to give it to Knuble, that was a great interview. Most players it's just blah blah this and give everyone credit even when they don't deserve it. Polite, boring rambling and you can tell they just want to leave. Knubs was direct and honest. It's refreshing to see and I agree with clement, the dude really is an unsung hero in the locker room (and on the ice).

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Wowww, no way. I'm pretty sure i went to HS with dancing Seany. Does anyone know if his name is Sean Hill?
He went to washington township and graduated in 04 I think, 04 05 somewhere around there. I know a bunch of people from there that went to school with him and graduated around that time.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I'm still wondering about this game:
I'm pretty sure Cannon actually shot the puck for Knuble's stick rather than the goal, but did Upshall shoot for Carter's stick?
Though, Carts has the blade of his stick pretty much exactly in Upshall's line of sight of the netting by the far post.
Wasn't it Lupes?

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Wasn't it Lupes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Yup, sorry. Fuzzy memory. Also recently re-watched game 5 against the Habs and the game winner there was Upshall deflecting a Carter shot so I guess that had something to do with it me thinking Upshall propelled the puck.

As for the situation, I believe you are right because looking at replays from multiple angles it doesn't look like Lups had any net to shoot at so he just looked where there was a stick pointing at the net.

I think the Lupul-Carter-Hartnell line is working out pretty well.
People who read have a clear advantage