HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla-Ott

Old
12-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Fla-Ott

To Panthers
C/W Antoine Vermette
2nd round pick

To Sens
G Tomas Vokoun

Panthers add some scoring depth who is signed thru next year and get a good pick while the Sens get a legit longterm #1 goalie.

Value wise/ How off is this?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
mayoradamwest*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Panthers
C/W Antoine Vermette
2nd round pick

To Sens
G Tomas Vokoun

Panthers add some scoring depth who is signed thru next year and get a good pick while the Sens get a legit longterm #1 goalie.

Value wise/ How off is this?
Sens are happy with Auld - Elliott

mayoradamwest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Crimson Devil*

Sounds fair. Can't see Florida tossing him aside just because Anderson is hot right now. Who knows how long it will last...

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
MatthewT

Isn't Vokun making alot of money with a few years left on his contract. We don't want Vokoun. If he is a legit long term #1 how come he isn't the #1 in Flordia at the moment ?

Value wise it does seem fair, but I don't like Vokouns contract, to much to long.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Pukboy5kroner

It's probably close, if Vokoun were to be traded. Maybe a higher pick, and/or a goalie for Ottawa to dump as the Cats lack any depth when it comes to NHL capable goalies outside of Anderson and Vokoun.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
contrary to popular belief, the sens dont need a goalie.

we need secondary scoring.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Kamina
Amok

secondary scoring / puck moving defenseman

thank you, good night

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Panthers
C/W Antoine Vermette
2nd round pick

To Sens
G Tomas Vokoun
I highly doubt that would be enough of a return for Vokoun to be dealt.

Regardless, the Panthers and Senators don't really make good trading partners, IMO. Both are looking for more scoring.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Novak Djokovic
HAWKS BANDWAGON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
I highly doubt that would be enough of a return for Vokoun to be dealt.

Regardless, the Panthers and Senators don't really make good trading partners, IMO. Both are looking for more scoring.
Give us Lupul.....Flyers have ton of seconday scoring.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Give us Lupul.....Flyers have ton of seconday scoring.
Man, if I thought you guys would part with Elliott, I'd be all over structuring a package with Lupul (feel free to tell me I'm wrong and that you'd be willing to part Elliott ).

Old
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
sens are good enough with solid goaltending from Alex Auld, and Martin Gerber (whenever he wants too)...Plus Brian Elliot will probably be the future for the Senators

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 10:53 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

The Sens have too many holes for a legit run, I think they'd want to keep that pick.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley15 View Post
Brian Elliot will probably be the future for the Senators
Can't you just picture him in a Flyers uniform, though?

(I already know the answer...no need to rain on my parade any further)

Old
12-15-2008, 06:10 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoradamwest View Post
Sens are happy with Auld - Elliott
This is why the Sens will never get anywhere. With all due respect to Auld, he has played very well thus far, but he is not the solution in goal. If the Sens are serious about being a playoff team and taking a run at the Cup, Auld is not the answer.

I am wondering if the Sens are going to offer Auld a contract a season's end? This could be another huge mistake for the Sens if they are deceived by Auld's play this season. There is always the possibility he becomes the next Tim Thomas but those stories come around once in a blue moon. The Sens and the Flyers are one in the same. They are or were both very talented teams but they have never went out to get the goalie to put them over the top.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 06:26 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
This is why the Sens will never get anywhere. With all due respect to Auld, he has played very well thus far, but he is not the solution in goal. If the Sens are serious about being a playoff team and taking a run at the Cup, Auld is not the answer.

I am wondering if the Sens are going to offer Auld a contract a season's end? This could be another huge mistake for the Sens if they are deceived by Auld's play this season. There is always the possibility he becomes the next Tim Thomas but those stories come around once in a blue moon. The Sens and the Flyers are one in the same. They are or were both very talented teams but they have never went out to get the goalie to put them over the top.
I hope you quickly wrote this.

No, the Sens will not offer Auld a contract at season's end, as he has a two year contract.

As for "run at the Cup", we are now crawling towards a playoff spot, so we need to fix 1st things 1st. From Sat's game:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lites coach
That was some bad hockey out there and if I was a fan I’d want to get my money back because that was terrible hockey. You can’t blame the refs even though there were I don’t know how many power plays. It was just garbage hockey.
So before going "over the top" the Sens need to make use of the Carp dump.

A blue moon occurs about once every 2 1/2 years - we will take those odds at this point

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 06:31 AM
PlayItAgain

Quote:

Auld is already signed for next year. He's only making $1 million per year so if he continues his play, it's a steal. If not, he's still a good backup making peanuts. I don't see the downside.

Ottawa has no need to, nor should, trade ANY assets for expensive, non-established goaltender. An Auld-Elliot tandem will be adequate next year.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 03:11 PM
mayoradamwest*

Quote:

You must not follow the Sens, the entire premise of your post is off. Auld is on a 2 year deal 1 million dollar a year contract so he's here next year (what will be Elliott-Auld.) The organization is extremely high on Elliott and though you might not know who he is, you will. Auld has also been solid which is all the Sens are looking for at the moment. If you think the Sens problem right now is keeping goals out you haven't watched an Ottawa game all year. Go look at the standings, look at the GF-GA column. Ottawa is amongst league best at G.A. and 2nd? worse GF. Eating up the rest of their cap space for a goalie who realistically doesn't fit into the organizations long term plans, let along giving up assets to get him, doesn't make any sense from an Ottawa perspective. Ottawa needs help moving the puck and scoring. I know it's amazing, but the team's problems have changed. If you need more baseless opinions to throw at sens fans there is a helpful guide on how to troll the Sens board located therein.

mayoradamwest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Suitcase73

Voukon would be the solution to Ottawa's goaltending problems IMO.
If it only takes Vermette and a 2nd i would do this trade in a second.
Sens fans with hope in Elliot ready to play next season are being overly optimistic, i wouldn't be wiling to risk going with an Auld - Elliot tandem.
Auld is playing well but isn't in the same league as Voukon, i would be much more comfortable with Auld playing 25-30 games a season and having a solidified #1.
Gerber is as good as gone after this season and Voukon is the type of goalie Ottawa needs.
Obviously cheap goaltending solutions have not gone well in Ottawa, Lalime, Emery, and Gerber have all had suspect careers in Ottawa. If it only takes one roster player who isn't Heatley Spezza or Alfredsson i don't care who we give up to get Voukon!

Suitcase73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Darth Milbury

I'm not sure why anybody would believe this deal is close to fair. Voukon is an elite #1 goalie. Vermette is a player who showed signs of being a solid #2 last season, but has done nothing this season.

Florida should be able to do a lot better than this.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Florida runs all the way to the bank on this one...Anderson is cash for them right now and freeing up 5.7M could definitely help them give that one extra push into the playoffs. Maybe Ottawa does this, but I'd think they'd want to send Gerber the other way...make Florida eat the 3.7M for this season. Long term this would be beneficial to either side. Florida resigns Anderson in the offseason and has plenty of cap-space to work with. Ottawa might finally find a solution to their goaltending woes (I can't see Auld holding this up for 60+ games...but he could definitely split it with Vokoun for some great success).

I think a revised deal could revolve around:

Ottawa:Gerber
2nd or Vermette
Florida:Vokoun

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I'm not sure why anybody would believe this deal is close to fair. Voukon is an elite #1 goalie. Vermette is a player who showed signs of being a solid #2 last season, but has done nothing this season.

Florida should be able to do a lot better than this.
Well, its HF Boards, where 30 games into a season, Anderson becomes a better goalie than Vokoun, making him expendable for the amazing return of a 5 point winger and the magical 2nd round pick.