HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maxwell's NHL debut

Old
12-15-2008, 02:17 PM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Maxwell's NHL debut

How did he do? I saw the fist period, where the habs were dominated and he understandably looked nervous, but did he get used to the speed as the game wore on?

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
How did he do? I saw the fist period, where the habs were dominated and he understandably looked nervous, but did he get used to the speed as the game wore on?
I can best relate it to a scene out of The Shawshank Recemption, when Andy Dufresne encounters "The Sisters" after an unfortunate detour into the laundry room.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:14 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I missed the game as I was at a concert. My friend told me that Maxwell did well but I to would want more information. What line did he play on? With Who?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:21 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

He was alright, can't really expect anything from a first NHL game, he had 2 good scoring chances but missed wide both times. He has talent and it showed.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
deandebean

He was ok, but Bob needs to find another solution elsewhere if Koivu is to be out of it much longer than expected. Because he's not ready for sure.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
I missed the game as I was at a concert. My friend told me that Maxwell did well but I to would want more information. What line did he play on? With Who?
He played between AKost and D'Agostini. I thought Maxwell played an intelligent game, but was a non-factor on the boards and in puck battles. I think he'll have to get stronger or add some jump to his game, but he'll be a good player when he's ready.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:38 PM
la25ecoupe

What would have happened if Backstrom hitted him on that hugee crazy check?? That scared me!!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
NewHabsEra*

Was pretty shy in the first, looked lost, but played better in the second and in the third.. He played his first NHL against one of the best NHL teams, should be more confortable in the games to come..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
What would have happened if Backstrom hitted him on that hugee crazy check?? That scared me!!!
yeah but he didn't because of a good move on maxs part that was a nice little move lol I loved how he made him miss and look dumb

Ryan O'Byrne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
yeah but he didn't because of a good move on maxs part that was a nice little move lol I loved how he made him miss and look dumb
Backstrom got injured after that hit (the board), so i wonder what kind of impact it would've gave Max.. probly injured him bad..

Old
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

I was generally pleased with what I saw of Ben Maxwell. I would be surprised if many others did not feel the same way, but I tell you friend...that game with Washington (Maxwell's debut) really left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths...

Edit: PS the move he did to evade a thunderous body check was legendary, Poti? I think it was smashed himself into the boards awkwardly. (+ Maxwell stood out more for his offensive influence on the game)
His to golden opportunities to score he aimed high and missed the net completely, could have been nerves...Kovy had an empty net...and well hit the post and he places his wristers well...sometimes.

I was also impressed with Semen Varlamov's debut performance (Caps goalie)

Now the caps have 2 players that have peculiar sounding names.

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Magic33

I was at the game and I noticed he had a little trouble containing guys down low in our own end. He has a ton of skill though. For his first game he didn't look to bad out there. I think in order for him to go to the next level though, he will have to bulk up. He seemed kind of small out there.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Backstrom got injured after that hit (the board), so i wonder what kind of impact it would've gave Max.. probly injured him bad..
Well it might of hurt him maybe not ,as it's hard to say for sure what could of happened if he hit him. unless someone here has a crystal ball ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I was at the game and I noticed he had a little trouble containing guys down low in our own end. He has a ton of skill though. For his first game he didn't look to bad out there. I think in order for him to go to the next level though, he will have to bulk up. He seemed kind of small out there.
I noticed he had trouble down low containing guys ,but other then that he did ok and had a few good scoring chances which were nice to see. I agree he needs to add more muscle ,as it will help him contain guys better . I don't think he looked small , just weak on the boards in the defensive end. But then again i was just watching on tv ;-)

Last edited by Ryan O'Byrne: 12-16-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Ryan O'Byrne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:23 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne View Post
That was ****ing crazy I thought Max was going to die with that, but he saw him coming and dodged out of the way.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:25 AM
smon

Speedy and used that speed to generate a couple of offensive chances, but terrible on faceoffs and was weak defensively. The line was obviously out of sync and Carbonneau didn't play that line all that much. But, hey it was his first NHL game...

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Habs

Can't believe nobody is willing to openly applaud, my ability to bing up a Shawshank Redemption, moment in relation to Maxwell. Shocked I tell you, shocked.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:56 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
In Junior he was great defensively although he will prolly play at only 200 lbs. He may be confused about his role(D or O) but when he puts it together he will be a gem. His passing skills and hockey sense are top notch. As a Junior he reminded me of Joe Sakic.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 07:19 AM
la25ecoupe

He's not so bad considering he plays with Dago and AK46. D'ago at least played with two vets.. while this guy has 1 vet and 1 rookie to pair with.

Old
12-16-2008, 07:41 AM
onice

I really liked what I saw from Maxwell. This kid has skill, lots of skill but he also needs a couple more years in the A. He's not ready for prime time. And management better not screw up this kid the way they did with Lats.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote