HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor-Ana, Tor-Dal

Old
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
sharpie

vCash: 500
Tor-Ana, Tor-Dal

Tor
Poni

Ana
Moen

Throw some picks or prospects either way to make this happen. Burkes connection to Anahiem, I have a feeling at least one Duck will end up on T.O.

Tor
Tlusty

Dal
Neal

Again you could throw some picks here and there to make this work.
Let me know what you think.

sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Dallas (hopefully) declines this offer, Neal's one of our few bright spots thus far this year. Having a solid rookie campaign.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Not a chance from a Dallas perspective.

No reason to swap unproven prospects when the one you already have fits the style of play you are trying to build.

Dallas wants to be hard to play against. At least that was the original excuse of the Avery signing. The GM's admitted they couldn't out-skill Detroit, so they wanted to make it hard to play against Dallas, mix of Anaheim with more discipline (Yes, I get the irony of the Avery signing).

Obviously, that has happened this year, but Neal is that type of player. They won't trade him unless they are bailing on their design of the team. Plus, the toughest part of Dallas’ team is injured, but Ott and Lundqvist are getting healthy. So is the newly acquired Sutherby.

The most recent trade, to me, means the Stars are still trying to become a tougher team. They have that in Neal.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote