Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundmark named CCM/AHL player of the month

Old
12-02-2008, 03:35 PM
PIMking

vCash: 500
Lundmark named CCM/AHL player of the month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNDMARK NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Center Recorded 19 Points in 13 Games in November

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Moline, IL- The American Hockey League announced today that Flames center Jamie Lundmark has been named the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for November. During the month, the veteran center recorded 19 points (five goals and 14 assists) in 13 games. His selection marks the second time in team history that a Flame has been honored as AHL Player of the Month.

After being held scoreless in the Flames first game of the month, Lundmark recorded points in three straight games from November 7th through November 9th. During the streak, he recorded seven points on a goal and six assists. He capped the streak by tying a franchise record with four assists on November 9th vs. San Antonio.

Lundmark recorded another four point night on November 14th vs. Peoria. The Edmonton, Alberta native scored the game-winning goal and added three assists to tie a franchise record for points in a game with four. The eight-year professional capped the month by scoring points in five of his final six games during the month. During that stretch, he recorded three goals with five assists for eight points.

The AHL will present Lundmark with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Flames home game. He joins former Flames center Grant Stevenson as the only Flames to be honored as AHL Player of the Month. Stevenson was recognized by the league during January of 2008.

The Flames host Rockford on Friday during a promotion filled evening. Fans in attendance will receive a photo of the 2008-09 Quad City Flames courtesy of Heartland Chiropractic. Itís Kids Safety Night as the Davenport Fire Department, Moline Police Department and the Quad City Bicycle Club will visit to educate kids on safety topics. Toys for Tots continues as fans will receive $3.00 off the price of an adult walk-up ticket at the i wireless Center Box Office when they donate a toy. Itís also College Night presented by B100ís Red Hot Brian Scott and Tony Tone. College students will receive walk-up tickets for half-price at the i wireless Center Box Office when they present a valid college ID card. Individual tickets for Fridayís game, and all Flames home games, are available now at the i wireless Center box office, via phone at (563) 326-1111 or online at ticketmaster.com. For group tickets, call the Flames ticket office at (309) 764-7825. -30-
Flames FeverÖitís spREDing!

For Information Contact:
Aaron Roof
Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations
o: (309) 764-7825

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Good show. Always liked Lundmark, hopefully he'll get a chance with Calgary again soon.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Blevins12

I've also always liked Lundmark.

He looked really good in the pre-season playing some top line minutes with iggy and such, but i guess there isn't really room for him on this team considering we have Prust and Roy as our 13th foward... Personally i belive he could help this team more then either of those two, but i wouldn't put Lundmark in place of Primeau. I would however place lundmark in the lineup over Nystrom at this point, assuming Lundmark could switch over to left wing.

Blevins12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:17 PM
PIMking

Hes on a one way deal he would have to pass through waivers and I dont think sutter is going to take a chance on losing him. He does a great job with the younger players (chucko) and teaches them hockey. Hell he is one of the best skaters I have ever seen he is sooooooo smooth out there. I do like that they forgot to add the ot winner in there for Iowa a couple of weeks ago when he pulled a bubba and gave the puck up on the blue line.

Old
12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Are you sure he is on a one way? Thought Sutter signed him on a two way contract in the summer.

Good for Lundmark. He seems to have found his game and that first line has been good for the flames the last couple of weeks.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Are you sure he is on a one way? Thought Sutter signed him on a two way contract in the summer.

Good for Lundmark. He seems to have found his game and that first line has been good for the flames the last couple of weeks.
Dont matter he has too many games under his belt. He would have to be put through waivers.

Old
12-16-2008, 02:49 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
http://www.qcflames.com/news/fullstory.php?id=417

Lundmark back in the big show

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote