HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lapierre Appreciation!

Old
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
guapo23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
The best part is his new-found patience with the puck
Yup.
He's not just shooting as soon as he enters the zone !
He is making passes, slowing the play down and dangling !

He is playing great hockey...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:33 AM
capebretoncanadien

Wow. Some positive vibes! I Love it! I too think Lapierre is playing damn fine hockey this year. At times when I've watched him has seemed INSANELY fast on his skates. Hard worker....fills his role to a tee.....was somewhat bewildered when he was press boxed for those games.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:09 AM
LeMAD

Lapierre plays like Higgins should be playing. They both have a similar set of tools (Higgins having more offensive skills of course), but Lapierre understood how to get the best out of himself.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickles46 View Post
Never thought i'd say it, but props to Breezer as well, been solid lately.

Yeah....Breezer is awesome.....he only gives the puck away in his own end 5-6 times a game now instead of the usual 10 times a game!!!

Brisebois is easily the worst defencemen on the team.....EASILY!!! I will give the guy credit, he has scored a couple of goals in his last 4 or 5 games, but thats it!!! He still won't go in the corners for the puck, he still won't throw a body check to get the puck, or take a body check, he still can't take a backhander and he still gives the puck away more than anybody else on the ice.

Breeze by should be on waivers once everybody gets back from their injuries.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Guy Caballero

Lapierre's really turned the corner. He's got his head on straight, and he's playing some great energy hockey. He's one of the few Habs I've been consistently happy with all season.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 12:42 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
I can't believe i haven't seen this thread yet! Lapierre has been the hardest working hab for at least two months now. He's great on the forecheck...he never seems to lose a battle...and he is awesome (with begin or kostopoulus) on the penalty kill....Congrats to lapierre
there you go.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=567685

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Yeah....Breezer is awesome.....he only gives the puck away in his own end 5-6 times a game now instead of the usual 10 times a game!!!

Brisebois is easily the worst defencemen on the team.....EASILY!!! I will give the guy credit, he has scored a couple of goals in his last 4 or 5 games, but thats it!!! He still won't go in the corners for the puck, he still won't throw a body check to get the puck, or take a body check, he still can't take a backhander and he still gives the puck away more than anybody else on the ice.

Still no love for the guy... he's NOT THAT BAD he plays a simple game, and for gods sake watch the game tonight, he wont give the puck away 5-6 times in our zone :S i dont think ive ever seen him do that. Im not a fan of him, but he's an old vet thats given a rough time on our team even wen hes not doing that man. Lay off him
PS this is why people make fun of habs fans. cause we cut down our own players all the time when its not needed

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Joe Cole

As much as I thought his play sucked last year and the beginning of this year, I agree he is playing very well of late. As good as that first call up 2 years ago.

Define a role that he can accomplish, and he does well.

Just make sure he is not the one carrying the puck into the offensive zone and/or distributing the puck. Oh yeah... or shooting the puck.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post

Ryan O'Byrne disagrees. Wholeheartedly.

As for the rest, props to Lapierre for getting the message.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:40 PM
dutchy29

I agree hes shown a lot of improvement in the intensity of his play, I hope he keeps it
up. Maybe seeing Averys career go downhill has given Max a reason to cherish his instigating role.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote