HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton offers players for Kovi

Old
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Who are these UFA's in which you speak of?
I'm bad the Sedin Twins. Some proposed the Sedin Twins for Kovi and I cant see Atlanta doing that unless they can resign them.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
IMO...besides the top 3 guys (Ovie, Crosby and Malkin) if the Oilers could trade for anyone in the league this would be my guy. I would offer any player EXCEPT Hemsky. The very thought of Kovi Gags Hemmer line makes me drool.
Ok, lets see now...
Kovi Sundin Hemmer
Penner Gags Nilsson
Moreau Brods Cole
whatever...

Looks good to me...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlighting View Post
I don't believe for a second that Edmonton would offer that for Kovalchuk, but I do want to see them offer enough to get him.

Horcoff won't be traded. He just signed a huge extension this summer and has really started to heat up the last few games. He was also instrumental in almost convincing Hossa to sign with the Oilers. In a nutshell, he's too valuable to the Oilers organization, and I cannot see them trade him for anyone.

Cogliano is in a similar boat. The organization is really high on him and Gagner, and I'm convinced if any member of the kid line is traded, it'll be Robert Nilsson (not that I want to see him go, just that he'll be going before Cogliano or Gagner). The top prospect should be Rob Schremp, as he's proven this season that he's ready for the NHL, but unfortunately the Oilers have no space on their roster for him.

Basically, if the Oilers and Thrashers make a trade (which would be idea, because the Oilers have lots of young players but really need to acquire a superstar), I think they'll offer something along the lines of:

Robert Nilsson (young forward with 1st line potential)
Pouliot or Brodziak (young 3rd line forwards)
Rob Schremp (top prospect)
Alex Plante or Riley Nash ('07 1st round picks)
Erik Cole (established forward, albeit, upcoming UFA)
1st round pick

If I had to compare a possible trade, I'd use the trade Pittsburgh made with Atlanta for Hossa:

Nilsson = Armstrong
Pouliot/Brodziak = Christensen
Rob Schremp = Angelo Esposito
1st round pick = 1st round pick

on top of this, EDM would have to give up Erik Cole and a top prospect if they're getting Kovalchuk this season.
Come on man I'm a huge Oiler fan here. If/when you have a chance to aquire a player like Kovalchuck you do it. Do you honestly believe that anyone wants Pouliot? Cole is a good player bu he is a UFA and he cannot be the centerpice going back the other way. Nilson is good but unproven. If the Oilers want Kovy I would make that deal.

spot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
supeg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan laser View Post
More *********** gems
- A deal would then said to go down between Vancouver and the Rangers, sending Cory Schneider, a roster player and a 1st rounder to the Rangers for Scott Gomez
Bahahahaha that would be the worst trade in the history of the NHL if Vancouver did it. Worse then the Luongo, worse then the Thorton.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
More *********** gems
-The Leafs have had brief discussions with San Jose involving Ryan Clowe
- A deal would then said to go down between Vancouver and the Rangers, sending Cory Schneider, a roster player and a 1st rounder to the Rangers for Scott Gomez
-A Sundin/Burke package to Toronto is not out of the question.
Quote:
A deal would then said to go down between Vancouver and the Rangers, sending Cory Schneider, a roster player and a 1st rounder to the Rangers for Scott Gomez
Because of that, we all know ***********, is full of crap. Were not gonna trade Schneider for overpaid 2nd line centerman, let alone add a 1st rounder or a roster player. We woudnt take Gomez for free.

The edmonton rumor makes a little more sense. There've been plenty of Oiler rumors involving getting rid of garbage contracts.

Horcoff, Cogliano,1st rounder for kovalchuk. Horcoff part of the section is the salary dump. But it be nice if HOrcoff stayed in Edmonton. I want him to eat up their salary space.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:22 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
More *********** gems
-The Leafs have had brief discussions with San Jose involving Ryan Clowe
-A Sundin/Burke package to Toronto is not out of the question.
NYR have a gun to their head to sign sundin. Nucks could get Gomez for less

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM
rockinghockey

I agree with you on that. If NY wants to sign Sundin Vancouver should be able to get Gomez for literally nothing.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:27 PM
voxel

Trading Horcoff would leave a huge gap at the center position - especially at ES. He's a good player and his contract is okay for the type of minutes he plays.

I'm just glad talk of Horcoff vs. Morrison is long dead.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Lessy

If Atlanta can get that kind of value for Kovalchuk than they've done remarkably well. It's going to take one of Gagner/Cogliano if a deal with Edmonton is going to happen. Now, a lot of people have different opinions of those two guys but I've watched both a ton going back to their days in the WJC and Junior and I'm convinced Cogliano is the keeper (said it last season, saying it still). I'd also imagine Gagner has a bit more value league-wide than Cogs. I'm a bit hesitant to give up Horcoff as he's the only veteran center we have at the moment. Much rather ship out Penner/Gagner as opposed to Horcoff/Cogliano. I don't think it's too ridiculous to assume those two packages have similar values and the youth of the Penner/Gagner combo might actually be more enticing to a team like Atlanta in a rebuilding mode. How reliable is this *********** site? I've never even heard of it so I'm going to assume it's garbage and Eklund caliber.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
workedforme

Rags would be lucky to get Pyatt and a 5th from the team they are competing with to sign sundin....IF they have to trade Gomez(they won't), I guarantee they get TOPS 1/3 of that garbage deal. One third being the roster player.
CJohnson202 should probably go back to EA as half the "stories" on his site are absurdborderlineretarded.

Burke states publicly that the leafs are rebuilding. First move as GM, guarantee the Leafs a crappier pick by signing Sundin. I feel dumber for looking at that page....

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
supeg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Trading Horcoff would leave a huge gap at the center position - especially at ES. He's a good player and his contract is okay for the type of minutes he plays.

I'm just glad talk of Horcoff vs. Morrison is long dead.
People bashing Horcoff's contract are morons. He does not even start to get paid for that contract. If you are going to bash it, wait untill he is actually making the money (Next year)

He is playing above what he is making now, and is playing a lot better lately.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Mr.Prez
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 129
Realistically, Atlanta should be getting Cogliano, Cole, Gilbert, and a pick (Eberle or Schremp) for Kovalchuk. No one does straight up superstar-for-superstar trades anymore.

Mr.Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Who would center Hemsky and Kovalchuk? Nilsson?

This deal doesn't happen, not with the exact pieces proposed.
Well obviously!

Spezza and Gerber for Nilsson, Garon, Schremp, 1st in 09

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
I hate the Oilers, but Cogliano > Gagner. Cogliano is a much more complete player, and a better leader than Gagner. He can play on the PP and PK, and he is not scared to mix it up.
Gagner > Cogs

wait till Gagner is Cog's age

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
surshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
Realistically, Atlanta should be getting Cogliano, Cole, Gilbert, and a pick (Eberle or Schremp) for Kovalchuk. No one does straight up superstar-for-superstar trades anymore.
This is better then whats rumored. The Oil are not going to trade Horc.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 03:54 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Gagner > Cogs

wait till Gagner is Cog's age
Cogliano is the more complete player, right now; though, I would argue that if Atlanta trades Kovy, they are back into rebuilding mode and as such, would look to take Gagner over Cogliano as Gags has higher upside.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
[QUOTE=Sensational Spezza;16836990]Well obviously!

Spezza and Gerber for Nilsson, Garon, Schremp, 1st in 09 [QUOTE]

Kovalchuk-Spezza-Hemsky
Penner-Gagner-Cole

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Metallian*

thats not a real website, so, why are we even discussing this?

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Horcoff has an awful contract how is that supposed to entice Atlanta?
ATL still needs players that can play. Horcoff may not have an ideal contract but he is still a good player that can help the Thrashers right now. Horcoff, Cogliano, 1st rd pick and another good prospect is well worth it imo. By the time the Thrashers are ready to contend Horcoff and his contract will be long gone.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
AlMo

[QUOTE=OilGagner89;16837981][QUOTE=Sensational Spezza;16836990]Well obviously!

Spezza and Gerber for Nilsson, Garon, Schremp, 1st in 09
Quote:

Kovalchuk-Spezza-Hemsky
Penner-Gagner-Cole
So you're talking about the video game? There is a fantasy forum you can go to.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:58 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

you know who else is offering players for Kovy? Everyone

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
http://www.***********.com/index.php?page=rumors

Hockey leaks have Edmonton offering Horcoff, Cogliano, a top pick and a top prospect for Kovalchuk. What do you all think of this possibility. I like it for Edmonton's stand point. For Atlanta yes they are losing a goal scorer but they are getting a very good young prospect in Cogliano and Horcoff is signed long term with another prospect and 1st rounder.
Gee, it's almost like he reads this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Horcoff has an awful contract how is that supposed to entice Atlanta?
If the Thrashers deal Kovalchuk and Schneider and Bogosian doesn't hit his incentive the Thrashers would finish under the salary floor. That might be one reason they would be willing to take on one sizeable contract.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
Unless Atlanta somehow was able to bring in Malkin, Crosby or Ovechkin for Kovalchuk, it would be murder to hockey in Atlanta. Kovalchuk is going nowhere.
Star player does not equal more fans.
Playoffs = more fans.

Whatever makes this a playoff team is what is needed.

Kovalchuk is plastered all over the building but the team losses night after night. People go home ticked off and don't come back.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
ATL still needs players that can play. Horcoff may not have an ideal contract but he is still a good player that can help the Thrashers right now. Horcoff, Cogliano, 1st rd pick and another good prospect is well worth it imo. By the time the Thrashers are ready to contend Horcoff and his contract will be long gone.
I hope this thread gets dug up at the end of the year... Horcoff's contract is NOT bad. He's playing very well and takes on crazy tough assignments... for example he takes more defensive zone draws than offensive zone draws

(takes some time because it processes data)
http://timeonice.com/teamfaceoffs.ph...001&last=21230

He's being relied on to be the No.1 offensive and defensive center and doing pretty well at it... no cream puff assignments. It's power vs. power every night (if possible) - look at how the first line outscored the San Jose Sharks top line of Thornton-Setoguchi-etc.

For comparison look at the Nucks (Kesler/Raymond handle the most defensive draws not the Sedins)

On the Thrashers it's a balance of Reasoner and White taking the bulk of the defensive work (Kovi is also relied on too):

You what contract is a boat anchor on the Oilers? Staios! Moreau is a close second followed by Cole. Those three should be making less than half their current salary. Horcoff is worth the $3.6M this year and $5.5M next year.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:44 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

I wish Oiler fans would realize that Horcoff is our problem and we are stuck with him. No one is going to take his contract off our hands for the forseeable future. Guys like Horcoff, Penner, and to a lesser extent Souray, are the Oilers problem to deal with. Bad contracts that make players almost untradeable.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote