HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk II - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Not bothering anymore. Cant wait to see other teams fans reaction when Fleury get #1 in votes and TT or Lundvquist is left out because of this
No reactions.....as long as Habs are getting killed, they're happy. I tell you, you will see tons of posts mainly from Bruins fans saying...

"Thomas should've been there but anyway.....at least Price isn't...."

Old
12-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
the ironic thing is the idiots who are voting for fleury/gonchar/etc are people who are not even going to be at the game...and likely wont even be watching it on tv. for some reason they also dont realise that Crosby and Malkin are in no matter what, either that or they are doing it because it makes them feel like they have a bigger d*** if they can piss off montreal fans. if the all star game was in Pittsburgh and players like Gonchar ended up on the squad i'd be ok with it. It might tick me off a bit but i would leave it at that...and honestly the players of the home team will give it something more...which should actually result in a better game.

starting next year i hope they clean up the format. starting by automatically giving 5 spots to players on the team of the city the all star game is in. that should be a given and for those with a need of a history lesson...it wasnt always all stars that were all at the all star game. At one point it was the stanley cup winners against the all-stars. although i dont think it could go back to that i think it would be a good idea to automatically include players from the home city. most of the fans there are fans of the home team why shouldnt they have a bigger say?

Perhaps if you have a ticket to the all star game you should automatically get 1000 votes towards the players you want...those are the people who should get a bigger say

get rid of fan voting or at least get rid of the blackberry thing...whoever came up with the team voting should be shot. hell make it so you can only vote one player per team on each vote you do...that at least will ensure such a thing cannot occur. And believe it or not the "good" players will still get voted in and that should at least ensure players who are not deserving are not voted in.
The voting system is actually created this way so that they can tweak it to their needs (the NHL). Wouldn't it be more logical to have only phone voting or just one vote per email address? That is why its unlimited voting per user, so that the system can be cheated. If it was a single vote, the NHL knows the biggest fanbases will always win in the voting. The Montreal fans would be no match for the Pittsburg fans. I would agree on letting the coachs decided like they did in the past, but that won't happen. The NHL won't change the system because the system can be controlled.

It's ridiculous and typical of the NHL.

Old
12-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
It's ridiculous and typical of the NHL.
That about sums it up. This system has been broken for some time now and the Rory Fitzpatrick debacle showed it. But they didn't think it was right to change things?

Old
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I cant believe the montreal crack heads are giving up... I guess we would see a last push from the montreal hackers...

maybe??? MOntreal will finnish strong come on guys.. if we cheat again, even harder maybe the NHL will come to sense??? oh well who cares.. I knew it was a mistake to rush it so soon..

Old
12-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Habitants

can you STOP voting for kovalev!

it is obvious at this rate that malkin and crosby will go 1-2 as they deserve to imo.

at this point we can just make sure that the 3rd forward is from the habs.

But right now Kovalev has more votes than koivu. so please stop voting for kovalev so that saku can pass him! imo Koivu deserves more to be starter on home ice than kovalev!

Old
12-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Clumsyhab

Just heard an ad on CKAC about All Star practice tickets being on sale at McDonald's for 30$/pair if you buy a trio. You guys know what this is about?

Old
12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
HabsoluteFate

rds is talking about Pittsburgh's recent rise. apparently the league is investigating but has not decided if they will take vote away

my guess...is they wont

Old
12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Budarp

Has this been posted yet?
http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.c...ic=25589&st=20

Old
12-15-2008, 08:03 PM
HabsoluteFate

Anyone know where i can find a cached copy of this page:
http://kissnation.961kiss.com/freaks...d_your_helpnow

I need something cached before December 7th. I'm basically trying to provide proof that it shows how you could cheat using text messaging to send 10+ messages per request.

This is the message it used to show:

"We figured out how to send a LOT of votes REALLY quick from your phone.

Go to send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word PENS in the subject and hit send.

Instead of just sending ONCE to 81812, it will send 10 times. THEN, click the message back open and hit re-send. Do it OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you have an unlimited text plan!!!"

Basically i want a few things to send to various media outlets to make a story of this:

Team 1200
CKAC
CJAD
110%
SRC
CBC
ESPN
RDS
TSN
Team 990

Thanks

Old
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Roke

Quote:
Anyone know where i can find a cached copy of this page:

I need something cached before December 7th. I'm basically trying to provide proof that it shows how you could cheat using text messaging to send 10+ messages per request.

Thanks
Ask, and ye shall receive

http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=...icp=1&.intl=us

Old
12-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Mike Komaserik has NO BUSINESS in the all star game... sorry, say what you want...he does NOT deserve it...either does Kovalev...

Personally, I would like to see Koivu, and have him be captian of the East....and Markov on Defense...but sorry Price? (Wins-3rd in east, GAA- 7th in east, SV%- 6th in East, Shut out- 5th in East) and DO NOT get me started on Komaserik or Kovalev's stats...sorry, these guys have no business in the all star game...

Koivu deserves it, should be captain, Markov should be a starter with Mike Green or Jay Bow...

all the rest?...sorry, Gonchar has had 8 seasons over 50 points, Komisarek has never even reached 20 points...

Kovalev, sure he has skills, and maybe one of the best stick handlers, but come on Habs fans...if you had to choose Kovalev or Koivu (who chances are if started will be captain) you know you take Koivu simply because he deserves it more, and he is a class act, and he will probably be the Captain, if its Kovalev, he DEFIENTLY will not be Captain, it will be Cindy Crosbaby.

Old
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Clumsyhab

song4thedeaf, just go away.

Old
12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
HabsoluteFate

i would like to first thank Roke. Now on to "business"

Help make a difference! Keep voting and please help me sending your own email. If they get enough emails someone should pay attention.
If i'm missing a contact you believe would be helpful please reply. A french version of the email follows for sending to french locations.

Sent to (English):
1. Emailed to afternoons@team1200.com Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating
2. Emailed to webmaster@tsn.ca<webmaster@tsn.ca> Subject **Feedback - Sports Question**
3. Emailed to feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating
4. Emailed to cjadcares@cjad.com Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating
5. Emailed to radio@espn.com Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating
6. Emailed to programming@team990.com Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating
7. Went to http://www.nhl.com/ice/feedback.htm Subject NHL.com feedback - Non-Technical questions
8. Went to http://www.cbc.ca/contact/ Subject Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating

Sent to (French):
1. Went to http://www.corussports.com/radio/con...9tbWVudGFpcmVz Destinataire Parlons Hockey 1ere Edition
2. Went to http://www.rds.ca/contact/#top
3. Went to http://www.tqs.ca/emissions/110/part...re.php?sjt=335 Sujet Preuve de fraude aux vote All-Star
4. Emailed to auditoire@radio-canada.ca<auditoire@radio-canada.ca>; Sujet Preuve de fraude aux vote All-Star

Subject: Proof of Current All-Star Game Cheating

Hello,
I would like to bring to your attention that I have discovered that the NHL All-Star Game's system has been hacked
by Pittsburgh Penguins fans. This has resulted in a significent increase in votes starting around December 2nd, by
exploiting a problem with voting using Text Messaging. This exploit has allowed Pittsburgh fans to send TEAM votes 10
times per text message as opposed to the single TEAM vote they are supposed to be using.

Please note that the page showing how to get around the flaw has since removed the comments. Likely to keep this under the radar.
I will show how you can see an older version of the page in question before the comments were taken down. Unfortunately by the time
the "hack" was removed the harm was already done.

I will start off by showing the page in its current form without the description on how to hack around the system. The page in
question is hosted by Kiss 961, likely a Penguins local radio station.

The following is a link to the page in question:

The following is the hack that was displayed on the page in question until it was taken down. Information on how you can see this
for yourself will soon follow:

"We figured out how to send a LOT of votes REALLY quick from your phone.

Go to send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word PENS in the subject and hit send.

Instead of just sending ONCE to 81812, it will send 10 times. THEN, click the message back open and hit re-send. Do it OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you have an unlimited text plan!!!"

The following is information on how you can see an older cached copy of the page:
The resulting link should be:
http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=U...icp=1&.intl=us

1. Go to Yahoo Search:
http://search.yahoo.com/

2. Copy and the paste the following web address into the available text field and click Search:

3. Do not click on the search result. Instead, click the "Cached" link right below it.

The page that comes up is a cached copy of what the web site looked like in early December and clearly shows how to CHEAT
and get around a flaw with the All-Star game's voting system.

If the NHL is serious about this, they should seriously look at investigating and removing votes entered as a result of this cheat.

Thank You for your time,

Sincerely,
Armand

PS. The following link, on the Pittsburgh Penguin's official message board also clearly shows that fans were also cheating prior
to changes that were later done to stop automated voting. Within the following link just look at the 2nd post:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sujet: Preuve de fraude aux vote All-Star

Excuse ma traduction. Se message va ausi avoir une copy en Anglais. Merci.

Bonjour,
Je voudrais porter à votre connaissance que j'ai découvert que le système de votes a été tricher par des fans des Penguins de Pittsburgh.
Ceci a eu comme conséquence une augmentation significent des voix commençant autour du 2 décembre,
en exploitant un problème avec le vote utilisant la messagerie textuelle SMS.
Cette exploit a permis à des fans de Pittsburgh d'envoyer des voix d'ÉQUIPE 10 fois par message textuel par opposition à la voix simple d'ÉQUIPE qu'ils sont censés employer.

Veuillez noter que l'apparence de la page qui explique comment venir à bout a depuis enlevé les commentaires.
Ils on probablement enlever le message pour garder ceci sous le radar.
Je vous montrerai comment vous pouvez voir une version plus ancienne de la page en question avant que les commentaires aient été enlever.
Malheureusement avant que le "hack" a été enlevé le mal a été déjà fait.

Je commencerai en montrant la page sous sa forme courante ous le message a ete enlever deja.
La page en question est accueillie par le site de las radio 961, probablement une station de radio locale des penguins.

Ce qui suit est un lien à la page en question:

Ce qui suit est l'entaille qui a été montrée à la page en question jusqu'à ce qu'il ait été enlever.
L'information sur la façon dont vous pouvez voir ceci pour vous-même suivra bientôt :

"Nous avons figuré comment envoyer beaucoup de voix VRAIMENT vite de votre téléphone.

Allez envoyer un texte à 81812 mais au lieu d'ecrire juste UNE FOIS, ecrit environ 10 fois.
Ecrit le mot PENS dans le sujet et envoyer le. A la place d'envoyer une fois, ca va l'envoyer 10 fois.
Apres, ouver le message et envoyer le encore. Continue de le fair et le faire su tu as un plan de texte ilimiter."

Voici comment voire une copy de la page qui montre ce message:

1. Va as Yahoo Search:
http://search.yahoo.com/

2. Copy set lien dans le formulaire et envoyer le:

3. Ne cliquer pas le resulta. A la place cliquer sur le lien "Cached" qui est juste apres.

La page qui aparais est une copy du site au debu du mois de Decembre et montre clairement qu'ils on tricher.

Si la NHL est serieux, ils devront investiger et enlever les votes qui sont un resulta de ce trichage.

Merci beaucoup pour votre temps,

Sincerement,
Armand

PS. J'ais ici un autre lien, ce lien est sur le site officiel des Penguins de Pittsburgh et montre comment les fans on
commencer a tricher des les debuts. Voir le deuxieme message ici:

Last edited by HabsoluteFate: 12-16-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old
12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Roke

Rather than have the people search for the cached link ,why not just give them the cached link I found? If you want people to look at something, it's best to make it as easy as possible for them.

Old
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Rather than have the people search for the cached link ,why not just give them the cached link I found? If you want people to look at something, it's best to make it as easy as possible for them.
good point. the only reason i did that is in case they think i "spoofed" the message since the link in question starts with an ip address

Old
12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

The all-star practice is lame, I went in 2000 in Toronto. Thinking we would meet a player or two, nothing. They practiced in a lame practice then most the players took off right away. But maybe they will sign some graphs in montreal.

Old
12-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 View Post
The all-star practice is lame, I went in 2000 in Toronto. Thinking we would meet a player or two, nothing. They practiced in a lame practice then most the players took off right away. But maybe they will sign some graphs in montreal.
just wait outside the garage and meet players that way.

Old
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
the_crippler12

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/265479.html

Old
12-16-2008, 05:46 PM
nexguy

Quote:
i would like to first thank Roke. Now on to "business"

Help make a difference! Keep voting and please help me send....
You know it's funny that you make a big deal out of Crosby and Malkin getting so many votes. If all the voting issues were fixed...there would be no Mtl forward in SIGHT for the ASG. Mtl fans are using this "cheat"(if it exists) as much as anyone...Chi fans too?

If they set it up to be one vote per e-mail address per day...Crosby,Malkin and Ovechkin would go 1-2-3 while Koivu-Kovalev-Tanguay would go 39-42-105.

Old
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexguy View Post
You know it's funny that you make a big deal out of Withney, Gonchar and MAF getting so many votes. If all the voting issues were fixed...there would be no Mtl forward in SIGHT for the ASG. Mtl fans are using this "cheat"(if it exists) as much as anyone...Chi fans too?

If they set it up to be one vote per e-mail address per day...Crosby,Malkin and Ovechkin would go 1-2-3 while Koivu-Kovalev-Tanguay would go 39-42-105.
fixed.

Well, unless you feel like explaining to us how it makes sense to vote for MAF while he isnt even #1 on his own team in GAA and SV%...

Old
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
You know it's funny that you make a big deal out of Crosby and Malkin getting so many votes. If all the voting issues were fixed...there would be no Mtl forward in SIGHT for the ASG. Mtl fans are using this "cheat"(if it exists) as much as anyone...Chi fans too?

You might want to ask before acusing someone.

i actually don't care about Malkin and Crosby that much. what i do care about is the sudden rise in the other Penguins players: Fleury, Gonchar, and Whitney

the only thing i will agree with is the email address thing you mention. although to be honest with you I own my own email server...needless to say i would probably have a few accounts created

Old
12-16-2008, 07:16 PM
nexguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
fixed.

Well, unless you feel like explaining to us how it makes sense to vote for MAF while he isnt even #1 on his own team in GAA and SV%...
I feel like explaining...

sigh

By now I had hoped that EVERY hfboards poster was educated in the details of how the team txt message works...

First of all, I doubt if Whitney and Gonchar have even passed the 20,000 vote barrier much less the 500,000 vote barrier. Almost NO ONE has voted for either of these guys. Just as almost NO ONE has voted for Komisarek. These guys have picked up most all of their votes from the genius team txt message idea invented by the NHL. In case you did not know, here is how it works.

Just txt the word Pens to 81812 and you get a vote for ALL the 5 pens listed on the ballot. Do you think Whitney, Gonchar and MAF are on the minds of those voters?....nope.

Just txt the word Canadiens to 81812 and you get a vote for ALL the 5 Mtl players. Do you think Komisarek is on the minds of those voters?...nope.

If Sykora had made it on the ballot instead of Whitney...then Sykora would be 3rd in voting. Not because people are voting for him...but because he is getting the Pens vote.

WHY people keep talking about Whitney/Gonchar/Komisarek/Price is amazing.

To show this...there are graphs of the vote tallies for the Mtl players. Every player has virtually the exact same voting curve. Almost no deviations. As for the Pens...Crosby and Malkin are getting votes from lots of people who are not Pens fans...so their vote curves are going up faster than Gonch/Whit/MAF(who share the same voting curve). Almost no one is voting for the Mtl players except for Mtl fans so those players voting curves are almost identical.

Old
12-16-2008, 07:17 PM
nexguy

Quote:
You might want to ask before acusing someone.

i actually don't care about Malkin and Crosby that much. what i do care about is the sudden rise in the other Penguins players: Fleury, Gonchar, and Whitney

the only thing i will agree with is the email address thing you mention. although to be honest with you I own my own email server...needless to say i would probably have a few accounts created
There will always be ways to cheat. But if you are willing to spend hours activating a few hundred e-mail accounts, you earned it

Old
12-16-2008, 08:59 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
There will always be ways to cheat. But if you are willing to spend hours activating a few hundred e-mail accounts, you earned it
ah thanks....and no i dont think so as someone else pointed out the worst part of this years vote is the team vote

Old
12-17-2008, 02:41 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Proof of Penguins fans cheating for ASG voting

here: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.c...ic=25589&st=20

Guys discuss the code and how many time they ran it, for how long, etc.

Some Montreal Fans cheated, and we paid for it. Now how is it different for the Pens?

Are there two classes of teams in this league? is it Frederick L’Écuyer & Brad Meier who run the all star games ballot????

Or maybe it doesn't count cause its Crosby?

If nothing is done I predict booing at the ASG.

Closed Thread