HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Complaints/comments about referees!

Old
12-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Fire Brunet*

vCash: 500

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:03 PM
tollb2

i wouldent be that frusterated if they were calling both sides evenly . but at this point , the refs have eyes out to only penalize us on every boarder line call

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Bullsmith

You know I get to watch bully teams break people's faces and the refs say "let the players decide." And then two of the softest lineups with two of the league's worst power plays meet and the refs suddenly decide to have a one-way whistle fest. Because the ferocious Habs were abusing the poor Hurricanes?

Habs could score 10 goals in the final 10 minutes and all I'll remember is this game and the NHL ****ing suck.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:14 PM
TheCH*

Its plain and simple tonights game is fixed. I mean 11 pp's to 1, thats unheard of!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:34 PM
usernam

Habs' new logo SH, stands for Shorthanded.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post

Habs' new logo SH, stands for Shorthanded.
Dude, I love you, but don't fn disgrace the logo.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM
jeff88_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
wow a bruins fan siding with habs fans....must be that the Apocalypse is coming
I'm a habs fan, Lucic has just been my favorite player for a long time

jeff88_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:43 PM
ScherbakAttack

Email sent as well.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:49 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
December 16th 2008. Montreal Canadiens @ Carolina Hurricanes.

The hockey game between these two teams was absolutely ruined by the following referees.

Frederick L''Ecuyer
Brad Meier

The penalties arose to 11 for the Canadiens and 0 (minus the penalty shot) for the Hurricanes. It is disgraceful to the game of hockey when referees fail to call blatant diving on the Carolina Hurricane''s fault. Most of all is disgraceful to not let these two teams play hockey.

These two referees acted as if they had blinders on each side of their eyes...

Regards,

Mitchell Stafiej

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Dear NHL Officials,

I am currently a student at Saint Mary's University, coming from a low-income family and trying to make it on my own through loans, a part-time job at Sobey's and my savings. I purchased the Canadiens at Hurricanes "game" on RDS online for three dollars because of my love for the Canadiens and the game of hockey. Unfortunately the on ice officiating of Frederick L'Ecuyer and Brad Meier left me bankrupt of positive emotion for the game. The eleven straight penalty calls against the Canadiens while deliberately ignoring infractions committed by the Hurricanes and making the wrong on-ice call on the disallowed Andrei Markov goal were both giant disgraces.

I understand the job on the ice for the officials is not an easy one and before this game I had respect for the job you officials do. However, after watching tonight's debacle I find it very difficult to find any praise for an official of any kind after L'Ecuyer and Meiers "show" tonight. This is a black spot on the NHL and it must be addressed. Any thoughts I had entertained about going to Montreal to see the Canadiens live has been jeopardized by these two officials because if I'm going to spend my hard earned money I simply don't wanna run the risk of having my experience cheapened by blatant, sub-par, biased officiating.

Reguards,
Craig Burgoyne.

There we go.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
NewHabsEra*

Meier is a perfect idiot, he is the one that made this game degenerate, he called everything that was borderline in Habs defavour, he is the one that called the most part of the penalities and the most debatable ones.. Fred Lécuyer made the right calls, the most evident ones.. Thats Meier that made Lécuyer look bad, dont bash the young frenchy..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
LouisJCloutier

Congrats to the referee for giving me one of the most ridiculous gamer I've ever seen.

The few time that this game was 5vs5, Habs were dominating.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

3 possibilities:

1-Meier hates the Habs..

2-Meier bet on that game

3-Meier volontary wanted (for some reasons) to make the young Lécuyer looks bad. (it was his first time he officiated a Habs game)

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:14 PM
la25ecoupe

Does this ref crap happens to other teams also or just Habs?

Habs@Miny and Habs@Caro..

Two worst games..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Dear NHL Officials,

I am currently a student at Saint Mary's University, coming from a low-income family and trying to make it on my own through loans, a part-time job at Sobey's and my savings. I purchased the Canadiens at Hurricanes "game" on RDS online for three dollars because of my love for the Canadiens and the game of hockey. Unfortunately the on ice officiating of Frederick L'Ecuyer and Brad Meier left me bankrupt of positive emotion for the game. The eleven straight penalty calls against the Canadiens while deliberately ignoring infractions committed by the Hurricanes and making the wrong on-ice call on the disallowed Andrei Markov goal were both giant disgraces.

I understand the job on the ice for the officials is not an easy one and before this game I had respect for the job you officials do. However, after watching tonight's debacle I find it very difficult to find any praise for an official of any kind after L'Ecuyer and Meiers "show" tonight. This is a black spot on the NHL and it must be addressed. Any thoughts I had entertained about going to Montreal to see the Canadiens live has been jeopardized by these two officials because if I'm going to spend my hard earned money I simply don't wanna run the risk of having my experience cheapened by blatant, sub-par, biased officiating.

Reguards,
Craig Burgoyne.

There we go.
Dude, very well said...you gave me some inspiration. I'm sending something too.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
nfld77

Habs 11 penalties Canes 2 penalties..

If the referee's do this for the rest of this season and 20 more years, it'll begin to even up a little!

This was such an ironic game. For years and years and years, Montreal have always seemed like they got favorism from officiating. ESPECIALLY in Montreal! God, every hockey fan knows that.

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Habs 11 penalties Canes 2 penalties..

If the referee's do this for the rest of this season and 20 more years, it'll begin to even up a little!

This was such an ironic game. For years and years and years, Montreal have always seemed like they got favorism from officiating. ESPECIALLY in Montreal! God, every hockey fan knows that.
The numbers simply don't back that up at all. Last year was the first year in numerous season's in which we had more pp's than pk's. so it may seem that way but the numbers don't back that up at all. So either every other hockey fan is wrong or there perception of things is distorting reality. Look for yourself.

I'd say ive never seen anything like it but last year Carolina had 10pp's to 0 against someone, either against Washington or Florida.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Habitants

lmao 11-0?? wow!
un-frekin-beleivable!

i stoped watching at the end of the second when lats got called for tripping in the offensive zone!

i mean seriously he was 4 feet away from him!@@@@@!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Flyers fan here.

Just wanted to add a little something, I remember last season during the final week of regular season, the Flyers needed the Panthers to beat the Hurricanes in order to help them make the playoffs. I switched back and forth between that and the Flyers/Devs game, and there weren't as many calls as this one, but it was still pretty bad. The Hurridives were flopping all over the place.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2007021213

There was only one penalty called against Carolina, but it wasn't counted because Florida scored on the delayed call. Even better was they still lost.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Arg I just wished they didn't give us a powerplay. 11-0 is more hilarious.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
I agree dude. If it weren't for the penalty shot, these refs would look ******** tonight, but just because of that shot and the goal scored on it, these refs will get away with this tonight.
That penalty shot was the refs way of saying: we're even.

Somehow, in their feeble little minds.

Then the clock reset to zero and it was all Habs again.

Dispicable.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Jigger77

I'm not into the habit of complaining about referees, but that was beyond pathetic. Made the game a bore.

The calls on Tanguay and Lappierre (slash when the guy dives face first for the puck) were particularly awful.

Hopefully the Canadiens make an official complaint of some sort.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:48 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I felt a lot of those calls were legit, the Habs once again were getting out worked and taking some lazy penalties. But the Canes did have some nice diving going on, the one on O'Byrne was great, I would give 9.5 at least for that dive.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 400
My 15 year old son's best friend is a Habs fan, so we always rag on him every game the Habs lose because he uses the excuse that the refs sucked that night. Of course, this sets him up for some razzing from my son and myself when I see him.

However, last night, my son and I watched the game, and honestly, we couldn't believe how inept the referees were last night. 10 PP's in a row to the Canes? Truly, that had to be a painful game to watch as a fan and for once, we're going to let my son's friend rant away about the refs as this time he has every reason to do so after that craziness. Let's hope those fools aren't officiating in the playoffs.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Magic33

Complained. Even though I thought a lot of the penalties were deserved, you still cannot call 11 straight penalties while not penalizing the other team. Also, some of the diving that occurred was disgusting.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote