HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Refs/Diving Canes 3 Habs 2

Old
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
I thought Sergei did some good work on the PK with Plekanec - you can tell he is afraid to take a penalty though - very tentative.
It's about time, 2 penalties a game isn't good at all. He needs to be smarter in his game. I know his game is pesky but this is the NHL with ******** officiating as we have witnessed. It's a matter of balance for him.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

to me its not that we got 11 penalties, although that pisses me off on so many levels. Its that Carolina had 2. When was the last time we played a team that only had two penalties the whole game?

Thats the real injustice from the refs, this was a direct insult to the habs organization.

Are these clowns scheduled to ref in montreal anytime soon?

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Did anybody notice the ref was holding back laughter when he were calling the penalty on Kovalev? I thought that was hilarious.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
hellojp

Why do I feel that the players cannot all show up on the same night... Tonight In case Lat and Kov stood up but a lot of the other players were plying like zombies. When all the cylinders fire together we dominate, if we don't the habs loose...

NO in between.. :S

hellojp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Turboflex*

Asides from one split second where Kovalev managed to wire one top corner (his supposed amazing shot which he has barely managed to land this season despite a thousand attempts) it was another crap game from Kovalev.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Stradale

Funny that people are still bashing Kovalev. I thought he played a good game, not great but far from horrible. You can feel that Kovalev played with emotion and was frustrated by the situation (PP).

Kovalev and Latendresse was our two best forwards last night despite their two penalities.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
mbison7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Another **** game by Kovalev.
are you kidding he was a great penalty killer and he scored a short handed goal. also you cant really evaluate players because we were always on the PK

mbison7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Boardish

Anyone has the picture of the Canes diving in an olympic pool?

Boardish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbison7 View Post
are you kidding he was great at penalty killer and he scored a short handed goal.
lolzor... now Kovy scored and he's a god somehow... you must have been blind... he is still an horrible selfish player

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
ChaseMe

As if the results of the game weren't bad enough. Did anyone see that cut scene of the sausages w/ green peppers and onions being loaded onto a nice ciabatta bun? Compared to a 'steak quebequios' The f-in Canes even have better food that us!

ChaseMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:23 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
lolzor... now Kovy scored and he's a god somehow... you must have been blind... he is still an horrible selfish player
Man your love affair with your Kovy flame war is second to none!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseMe View Post
As if the results of the game weren't bad enough. Did anyone see that cut scene of the sausages w/ green peppers and onions being loaded onto a nice ciabatta bun? Compared to a 'steak quebequios' The f-in Canes even have better food that us!
A hidden mountain of poutine comes out of the shadows to swollow you whole. Burp.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Man your love affair with your Kovy flame war is second to none!
I don't think that playing one season out of three is giving me any reason to love him, two years ago, we would have hung him, he was good last year, and this year we see him being like 2006-2007... And people are telling me I'm in a flame war...

I think that every Kovy Lover got the goldfish syndrome... nothing less

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
to me its not that we got 11 penalties, although that pisses me off on so many levels. Its that Carolina had 2. When was the last time we played a team that only had two penalties the whole game?

Thats the real injustice from the refs, this was a direct insult to the habs organization.

Are these clowns scheduled to ref in montreal anytime soon?
That was my major beef with that game. Carolina didn't earn that win. I was even more pissed at the commentators, always repeating the obvious "oh but the Habs earned those penalties" Yes, BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL the similar penalties that the Canes didn't get. For any call the Habs got, I could point to a similar one where the Canes player didn't get called for. Calling penalties is great, but it has to go both ways.

After that game, I wasn't pissed because the Habs lost, I even felt they played good despite everything that was thrown against them. I was totally pissed at how unprofessional this pissant league looked. When the ASG comes around, I'm highly tempted to have a pie attack on Buttman. Maybe paintballs. Maybe chitebags thrown his way. It wouldn't make anything better, yet I'm sure you'd see a lot of smiles in the province when they'd see this in the news.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote