HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk II - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Send it on over to the NHL, see what they have to say.

Doubt they will care.. they want crosby and malkin in..

Old
12-17-2008, 01:50 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

they won't care. but still...you have an email address that I can send this to?

Old
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
they won't care. but still...you have an email address that I can send this to?
Go to www.nhl.com

I'm sure they have a contact us section

Old
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
definitetaly send this to the nhl

edit : i suggest you take screen shots in case they delete the topic

Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Crosby and Malkin should be there no question about it,but Fleury and especially Whitney and Gonchar who have not even played a game yet is pathetic

Old
Kriss E

The fact Gonchar/Whitney/Fleury got votes is proof enough

Old
12-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Delat

http://www.nhl.com/ice/feedback.htm

I hope that helps you...

Old
12-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Prediciting booing at the ASG is like predicting that there will be more snow in the winter...

I hope the fans here are ready 'cause it will be a festival of boos....

Old
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Delat

As far as I'm concerned I only want Koivu to go, the guy deserves it. He has been working so hard all his career, I can't stand the idea to see Kovy going and not Koivu.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Prediciting booing at the ASG is like predicting that there will be more snow in the winter...

I hope the fans here are ready 'cause it will be a festival of boos....
Ready for the Bell Center crowd booing Eastern players, or ready for the eventual avalanche of "Habs fans have no class", "Habs fans are whiners", "Habs fans suck" that will happen on HFboard (sponsored by Bs fans, no doubt)?

Old
12-17-2008, 02:07 PM
MTL-rules

The league already knows it...

French CBC (Radio-Canada... of course) did a piece on that, they asked 3 persons to follow these instructions and give as many votes to the Habs and the Pens, it worked 3 times out of 3 for the Pens and 2 times out of 3 for the habs (because the league are more carefull with habs voters)

They ask the league about it and they replied they wouldn't do anything against it...

They said that Pens fans vote more and use thei cell phones more...

What a joke...

Basically, what they're saying is :

Pens cheating = Good cheating
Habs cheating = Bad cheating

What a garbage league

Old
12-17-2008, 02:09 PM
axman88

This is what I just sent to one of the NHL's fan feedback emails:

What I don't understand is the fact that the nhl at one point took away +20% of canadiens votes becuase of "illegal" voting. Yet, when the penguins all of a sudden have a sudden rise of votes (at least 150,000 votes per week in the last 4 weeks) nothing happens...Oh and if you are going to tell me it's because Malkin and Crosby are the best in the NHL...get rid of your man crush because here is proof of cheating...
http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.c...ic=25589&st=20

SAMPLE OF ONE THE POSTS:
"QUOTE (skatkat86 @ Nov 27 2008, 03:35 AM) *
The only thing that is different from the original code is the player id's. So if it worked for them, it works for us. Pesonen already has 37 votes I'm not running it anymore because my laptop overheats easily, but I only ran it for about 5 minutes on two tabs. So thats about 7 votes per minute/ I'm guessing it depends on your internet connection too.

So do I have to edit the code you pasted? Is that the idea?"

Old
12-17-2008, 02:11 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
As far as I'm concerned I only want Koivu to go, the guy deserves it. He has been working so hard all his career, I can't stand the idea to see Kovy going and not Koivu.
Actually the all star game is for entertainment purpouses and feautures only the most skilled players in the league, which makes Kovalev a much more logical choice then Koivu.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Crosby and Malkin should be there no question about it,but Fleury and especially Whitney and Gonchar who have not even played a game yet is pathetic
no matter what both whitney and gonchar cant get in bc u need a minimum of 20 games in order to play in the allstar game and both of ganchar and whitney have played 0

Old
12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
no matter what both whitney and gonchar cant get in bc u need a minimum of 20 games in order to play in the allstar game and both of ganchar and whitney have played 0
That is correct, but there's no rule saying that in case of an injury to a starter, the one who finished 3rd in voting takes his place. So if Gonchar and Whitney were to finish 1st and 2nd, they wouldn't be replaced by Markov and Komisarek. Markov will likely be there anyway, but not Komi.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
The league already knows it...

French CBC (Radio-Canada... of course) did a piece on that, they asked 3 persons to follow these instructions and give as many votes to the Habs and the Pens, it worked 3 times out of 3 for the Pens and 2 times out of 3 for the habs (because the league are more carefull with habs voters)

They ask the league about it and they replied they wouldn't do anything against it...

They said that Pens fans vote more and use thei cell phones more...

What a joke...

Basically, what they're saying is :

Pens cheating = Good cheating
Habs cheating = Bad cheating

What a garbage league
I'm really tired of this. Refs on our(habs) backs, the league has bias against the Habs, hockey Canada has bias against the Q...

everything is making me angry right now. I don't even feel like watching the games (I know...the hockey gos will punish me...)

Man, this season was supposed to be great.

It sucks so far

Old
12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Andy

Don';t tell the main board!! They'll still blame the habs for being homers somehow and praise pens fans.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
GoldenForum

I sent the NHL the following letter:

Dear NHL,

Earlier this season, the NHL claimed a percentage of NHL All Star Game votes for Montreal Canadiens players had been 'electronically stuffed' and, thus, decided to penalize Canadiens players by removing a designated number of votes from their totals.

The same breach is currently being committed by fans of Pittsburgh Penguin players. On the popular hockey blog board "HF Boards," Penguin fans openly discuss how they have rigged the voting system and instruct fellow Penguin fans to do the same. Here is the direct link: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.c...ic=25589&st=20

To ensure the integrity of the NHL and the All Star Game, all hockey fans hope that you will act swiftly and accordingly by stripping Penguin players of a percentage of their vote totals, as the NHL did earlier in the season for Canadiens players. Fairness and transparency are critical to any democratic process.

I await your public resolution of this matter.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Dripper

I don't think there's been much ballot stuffing using bots, unless they do it using the phone text thing that gives a vote to every player of your team that are on the ballots. If it was done via the website, there would be a third player with a lot of votes, which isn't the case now.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
I don't think there's been much ballot stuffing using bots, unless they do it using the phone text thing that gives a vote to every player of your team that are on the ballots. If it was done via the website, there would be a third player with a lot of votes, which isn't the case now.
that third player is any Pens player chosen by the fans...that would explain Maxime Talbot being ahead of Anze Kopitar

There is cheating. The code is available and is discussed openly on the Pens boards. the question is what will the league do?

the answer is, obviously, nothing

Old
12-17-2008, 03:49 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
here: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.c...ic=25589&st=20

Guys discuss the code and how many time they ran it, for how long, etc.

Some Montreal Fans cheated, and we paid for it. Now how is it different for the Pens?

Are there two classes of teams in this league? is it Frederick L’Écuyer & Brad Meier who run the all star games ballot????

Or maybe it doesn't count cause its Crosby?

If nothing is done I predict booing at the ASG.
i need a bunch of you guys to also send out formal complains. i've had no luck so far...if enough of us complain i'm hoping they do something about it. At least investigate

Old
12-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Dripper

Quote:
that third player is any Pens player chosen by the fans...that would explain Maxime Talbot being ahead of Anze Kopitar

There is cheating. The code is available and is discussed openly on the Pens boards. the question is what will the league do?

the answer is, obviously, nothing
The combined total votes of all the other Pens forward is less than 50K. That's almost unsignificant.

And btw, Talbot has 7397 votes while Kopitar has 41270. The best Pens forward not named Malkin or Crosby has 27468 and it's Jordan Staal. Had they massively vote using bots, there would be another Pens player with +200K. The only explanation for last month's increase in votes for Pens player is text messaging.

Old
12-17-2008, 04:15 PM
grrrreg
Soft European

Quote:
There is cheating. The code is available and is discussed openly on the Pens boards.
The code doesn't work since the nhl put the captcha thing.

The nhl implemented this mid-november, BEFORE the discussion you are referring to on the penguins board (just check the dates). So the code on their board never worked. The rise in pens votes comes from the LEGAL cell phone votes. It's sad, but it's true. It's much more efficient to vote with cell phones, since you can send way more messages easily and faster than on the website.

This is why Gonchar and Whitney got so many votes: it's not because pens fans want to see them play, everybody knows they can't. It's because they vote for all the penguins on the ballot at once with their phones.

Old
12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
nexguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
The combined total votes of all the other Pens forward is less than 50K. That's almost unsignificant.

And btw, Talbot has 7397 votes while Kopitar has 41270. The best Pens forward not named Malkin or Crosby has 27468 and it's Jordan Staal. Had they massively vote using bots, there would be another Pens player with +200K. The only explanation for last month's increase in votes for Pens player is text messaging.
Completely true. There is NO CHEATING going on. Mtl and Pit fans are simply taking advantage of the team txt message method. Unless there is a site that lets you skip captcha. Otherwise, no script can bypass it!

You can guess as to how many of these votes come from the txt msg vote. The lowest Mtl total is Tanguay with 639,000. You can bet that probably 610,000 of those are from the team txt message vote. Whitney has 568,000. You can bet that probably 539,000 of those came from the team txt message vote. Take 610,000 away from Mtl players and 539,000 away from Pit players and here is how they look:

Crosby 302716 (take away team txt vote from all other players and he would be in 1st)
Malkin 221443
Kovalev 40161
Koivu 39000
Tanguay 29,000

Markov 109759
Komisarek 46923
Gonchar 63700
Whitney 29859

Price 94031
Fleury 113405

Those numbers look much closer to reality

Last edited by nexguy: 12-17-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old
12-17-2008, 05:48 PM
HabsoluteFate

no cheating going on? What about the fact that they "found" a workaround where you can enter the team name 10 times in the same SMS message and it counts as 10 messages? Thats pretty significant as it results in messages 10 times as fast

Closed Thread