HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Itís about time that Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
12-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Fifthgear

vCash: 500
Iím so angry, Grrrrr!!!!!

Carbo should realize that Andrei needs to play shorthanded time!!!

Why? Itís obvious, he needs to play more often to keep the momentum of the game.

Itís like asking a starting pitcher to pitch a ball every 4 minutes, I bet that the pitcher will throw more balls than strikes and is more prone to injuries.

I understand that yesterday was not normal 11 penalties but itís not normal that Andrei only played 14 shifts and 12:17 time on the ice, the same goes to Tanguay 12:35.

It does mean that Andrei will have more points to his stats playing shorthanded cause this year, we only scored 4 shorthanded goals. Andrei needs to keep the momentum of the game, is it hard to understand?
Iím fuming right now. Grrrrrrrr!

Carbo said: ďItís easier to show players to play defensively then players to play offensively and show them how to scoreĒ well itís about time he should use his sayings and executed them with Andrei and AK46 will feel more implicated in the game and we will see the marvelous pearl we have in our team.

Carbo is to conservative!

Carbo is wasting talent and at 3 million plus, I think we can use it in a better way. Do you agree? Thanks for reading. [/FONT]

I forgot to say before that i know that there's plenty of players playing shorthanded right now but ...

Grrrrrrr!

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Magic33

I kind of find it ridiculous that we're always upset with his situation. Andrei should be playing PK, he should be playing on the point on the PP, he should be playing with koivu and not kovalev, he should be on this line and that line and in this situation and that situation etc ... its like were trying to put him in a perfect situation that guarantees him to succeed. Why cant he succeed when playing with kovalev or someone else. Its like he gets babied around here. I think he has enough talent and skill to succeed in whatever situation he is put in, regardless of his linemates and situation.

Sorry for the rant, im done now! haha

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I kind of find it ridiculous that we're always upset with his situation. Andrei should be playing PK, he should be playing on the point on the PP, he should be playing with koivu and not kovalev, he should be on this line and that line and in this situation and that situation etc ... its like were trying to put him in a perfect situation that guarantees him to succeed. Why cant he succeed when playing with kovalev or someone else. Its like he gets babied around here. I think he has enough talent and skill to succeed in whatever situation he is put in, regardless of his linemates and situation.

Completely agreed. There comes a point in time where both Kostitsyn's will have to step up. I think it's safe to say that more was expected of these two, and they haven't been delivering. (The same can be said for the majority of our top 6 excluding Saku, sadly.)

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Maxpac

Oh my god! is this a joke? there are far more important dcisions about A.Kost then his pk time, like finally using him at RW and play him on the point on the pp

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

I agree. Its nobody else's fault but his own that he has been have a disappointing season so far.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Maybe it's because he's one of my favourite Habs, but am I the only one not disappointed in the way he's played this season? I'm not saying his numbers are what I expected, but his game impresses me. It's only inevitable that he'll score soon.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:46 PM
mad_hab'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Maybe it's because he's one of my favourite Habs, but am I the only one not disappointed in the way he's played this season? I'm not saying his numbers are what I expected, but his game impresses me. It's only inevitable that he'll score soon.
I'm a huge fan of AK-Forty....Six.... It was much more effective as AK-47.

Regardless, I'd be lying, or pulling the blinders over my own eyes, if I said that I haven't been disappointed with Andrei's play this season.

Sure, there have been some good games and flashes of brilliance, but he just doesn't seem as intense as he needs to be.

Its seems to me like he is trying to model his game after Alex Kovalev... bad idea! Kovalev is a good player, but he's had a career of controversy and inconsistency.

Andrei needs to just do the things he's good at and skate harder - he actually has great speed, but it doesn't seem like he uses it very often.

I really hope this reunited Kostitsyn, Pleckanec and Kovalev line shows some results....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2599...headlines_main

mad_hab'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_hab'er View Post
I really hope this reunited Kostitsyn, Pleckanec and Kovalev line shows some results....
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2599...headlines_main

not again

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:34 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
not again
Why? It has worked extremely well in the past, and nothing else is currently working.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
CanadienErrant*

In the meantime, Carter, Richards, Parise and Getzlaf are among the elite players of the league.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:01 PM
BigTimer*

It's about time for Andrei Kostitsyn to shoulder some of the blame for his mediocre first half of the season.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Fifthgear

I'm just saying that if we continue using him that way (AK46), i think we are going to have a second John Leclair showing his talent in an other team. Try him in a situation of shorthanded and he will keep a momentum in the game. Read the beginning of this post and you will understand what i'm saying.

Old
12-18-2008, 04:33 AM
HurtsDonut*

Took this guy in my hockey pool

big mistake

HurtsDonut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Fifthgear

Yes big mistake to way he's beeing used ... Read post

Old
12-18-2008, 07:08 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
In the meantime, Carter, Richards, Parise and Getzlaf are among the elite players of the league.

good for them, and you can become a Flyers, Devils or Ducks fan all you want by the way...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 07:26 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

I agree, almost completely.

But no one can succeed with Kovalev right now.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 07:28 AM
tiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot09 View Post
It's about time for Andrei Kostitsyn to shoulder some of the blame for his mediocre first half of the season.
A. Kostitsyn's been one of our top 3 players almost every night. It's nice too see the consistency the rest of our team lacks. He just can't do it alone, not yet.

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Dripper

I couldn't care less about is PK time, however, I do think it's about time AKost becomes our best winger and for this, Carbo first has to use him as a right winger.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Fifthgear

People, before leaving a reply in this post, please read first post entirely. Donít only read the first lines and give your opinion because I really explain why AK46 has problem playing the game. I hate when people leave there opinion without reading the whole scenario.

Itís easy saying that AK46 should be this or that but read Ö

Thanks

Old
12-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
I think he shouldered that blame when he went full force in to the boards that night vs Phoenix. He's being misused right now by Carbonneau, it's about time he realized which players will provide an effort on most nights and, more importantly, shoot at the net.

By the way the OP is flawed in his post. He takes last game as an example when it was clearly an exception in the way games should be officiated, and played. Keep in mind Carbonneau is only in his 3rd seasn as a head coach, I would expect that game caught him off guard entirely.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I think he shouldered that blame when he went full force in to the boards that night vs Phoenix. He's being misused right now by Carbonneau, it's about time he realized which players will provide an effort on most nights and, more importantly, shoot at the net.

By the way the OP is flawed in his post. He takes last game as an example when it was clearly an exception in the way games should be officiated, and played. Keep in mind Carbonneau is only in his 3rd seasn as a head coach, I would expect that game caught him off guard entirely.
He wasn't doing much before that hit either. Could it be possible that A-Kost is a ridiculously streaky and inconsistent player?

Old
12-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
He wasn't doing much before that hit either. Could it be possible that A-Kost is a ridiculously streaky and inconsistent player?
Well now you're just wrong. Andrei was a marked player from training camp, and got head hunted that game. He was playing a physical game, cutting to the net, batteling in the corners then he got layed out.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:31 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
People, before leaving a reply in this post, please read first post entirely. Donít only read the first lines and give your opinion because I really explain why AK46 has problem playing the game. I hate when people leave there opinion without reading the whole scenario.

Itís easy saying that AK46 should be this or that but read Ö

Thanks
Maybe if you made the original post a little more clear, people would be able to more thoroughly deconstruct your arguments. One hint would be to try to limit the number of "grrrrrr"s and smilies to one or fewer.

From what I gather, this is a response to the last game. Fine, penalties disrupted AKost's momentum because he's not on the PK. It disrupted the game for everybody on the Habs, though. In a regular game, with 8-12 minutes of penalty killing, there's lots of time for the offensive lines to get their game going.

Your post reads more like a cheerleader complaining that his favourite player wasn't on the ice a lot, than an informed opinion on the team's PK personnel and strategy. That is why you're not generating great debate here.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Well now you're just wrong. Andrei was a marked player from training camp, and got head hunted that game. He was playing a physical game, cutting to the net, batteling in the corners then he got layed out.
So he's not a ridiculously streaky and inconsistent player?

Old
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
So he's not a ridiculously streaky and inconsistent player?
Nope