HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton offers players for Kovi

Old
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
hockey first

vCash: 500
Sorry I have to say this, but none of these big name players want to play/sign in Edmonton, look at Hossa, Pronger. They want to play on a contender (Edmontons is still years from that) and a place that has hollywood feel to it. Stick with your Canadian born talents.

Kovalchuk will bolt from Edmonton once the season ends.

hockey first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey first View Post
Sorry I have to say this, but none of these big name players want to play/sign in Edmonton, look at Hossa, Pronger. They want to play on a contender (Edmontons is still years from that) and a place that has hollywood feel to it. Stick with your Canadian born talents.

Back to Russia?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 10:53 AM
ArVeeDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Back to Russia?
Back to Atlanta. That would be the most awesome thing ever. Our superstar lands us a huge return next year and then returns VIA FA and signs a 10 year contract.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:09 PM
supeg*

Quote:

With a name like hockey first you sure do not know much about the NHL.

Pronger signed with Edmonton. His wife forced him to leave, he said he loved played here. His wife basically picked where she wanted to go.

Pronger is Canadian as well.

Hossa was very close to signing with us but wants a cup first. I would not be surprised if he signed in the offseason. Detroit is far from a Hollywood feel.

Kovalchuck is signed into next season as well.

Basically every since thing you posted was incorrect.

supeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
hockey first

First off "Rookie User" Supeg93, What makes u an automatic expert on the NHL, ur a rookie just like ur name says.

Also, I know Pronger's a Canadian, my mistake on my choice of words, but that wasn't even the point I was making.

Did Pronger actually say " I Love Edmonton, buts it the wife, so give her a hard time". I doubt it, why do u guys constantly boo when he plays then, I dont see his wife in the stands.

Hossa was close to signing says who, give me an actual source, I only heard huge digits were thrown his way and he didn't accept. He didn't say maybe next year.

I agree Detroit does not have a Hollywood feel, but it sure beats Edmonton, alot of major cities like NY and TOR surround it.

If he has another year on his contract, than im sure he's not going to Edmonton. He must have NTC.

hockey first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

Quote:
First off "Rookie User" Supeg93, What makes u an automatic expert on the NHL, ur a rookie just like ur name says.

Also, I know Pronger's a Canadian, my mistake on my choice of words, but that wasn't even the point I was making.

Did Pronger actually say " I Love Edmonton, buts it the wife, so give her a hard time". I doubt it, why do u guys constantly boo when he plays then, I dont see his wife in the stands.

Hossa was close to signing says who, give me an actual source, I only heard huge digits were thrown his way and he didn't accept. He didn't say maybe next year.

I agree Detroit does not have a Hollywood feel, but it sure beats Edmonton, alot of major cities like NY and TOR surround it.

If he has another year on his contract, than im sure he's not going to Edmonton. He must have NTC.

The very thing you critique is bandied about in your post above: assumptions.

Oh, the irony.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Who would center Hemsky and Kovalchuk? Nilsson?

This deal doesn't happen, not with the exact pieces proposed.
Gagner....

Kovalchuk - Gagner - Hemsky
Penner - Schremp - Nilsson
Moreau - Brodziak - Cole
Reddox - Pouliot - Brule.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
supeg*

Quote:

The size of your hockey knowledge is based on when you registed on the HFboards. Good to know.

Hossa's agent said it many times.

Pronger said he loved playing here and loved the playoff run here. Many local people know why his Wife demanded him to move, but we cannot speak of it on these boards.

Yah Detroit sure beats Edmonton, WTF are you talking about?

You know nothing about which you speak about. Delete your account and make another, I suggest the username "Startedwatchinghockeyin2007"

Last edited by supeg*: 12-17-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added
Old
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Oil View Post
I wish Oiler fans would realize that Horcoff is our problem and we are stuck with him. No one is going to take his contract off our hands for the forseeable future. Guys like Horcoff, Penner, and to a lesser extent Souray, are the Oilers problem to deal with. Bad contracts that make players almost untradeable.
You guys do know it. But you guys have too much pride to amit hes one of your salary issues. Props to you for actually comming out and saying it. I kinda tired at oilers fans then counter saying it by.

"Were not gonna trade Horcoff, you think were crazy.?" I just at the comment. Trying to make it sound like hes real good or something like that. Sure hes a good player. NOt 5.5 million good.

Oilers have Horcoff, Souray, Penner, Vishnovski locked for what? the next 4 years? Exactly the time when the cap is going down, and economic crisis? I bet Kevin Lowe wanted to hand over the garbage work to someone else .

Quote:
you know who else is offering players for Kovy? Everyone
the board was down last night, so I decided to go back to the www.canucks.com forum, and visit their site, dropped by their trade/rumors board. (Very underrated, they have more rumors with links, and alot less dumb proposals.

and apparently Toronto and another team is after Kovalchuk.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 04:55 PM
supeg*

When Horcoff was offered that contract or signed it, he came off a PPG season. How much do you think the Sedins are going to sign for? How much would they sign for seperate if they were not twins getting a discount?

I think over 5.5 million.. or around that.