HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

9th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tentative Title To Tribute Timonen

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
rayearth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
No clue what your talking about.
Damn yous!

Tip: Always quote the post you're replying to.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I like it. The title that is.

#8 didnt last too long.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:05 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Does anyone on here go to Camden County.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:08 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
No clue what your talking about.
The austin power quote, He linked it to youtube.

"Honestly, who throws a shoe"

Honeslty, who throws a glove.

Brain science? I think not.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
The austin power quote, He linked it to youtube.
He was kidding. Damn sarcasm on the internets!

Old
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth View Post
He was kidding. Damn sarcasm on the internets!

without it, I CANT TELL!

ha

Old
12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
****ing ice cruncher is back at it. I tried to make a subtle hint yesterday, just by telling her that she chews a lot of ice and I can always hear her crunching. She said it was a nervous tick.
Charlie, I never knew about the iron deficiency thing, but I guess it could be true. I chew ice, not as often or as loudly as she does, and I have low iron. It's mostly because I donate blood just about every 3 months or so, and I went to see my doctor and he said that'll do it.

And Dbr, I know alllll about working retail this time of year. I worked at the Pac Sun in the Cherry Hill Mall for 3 years, back in high school. Some of the people that came into that store have been some of the most ignorant, snobby, miserable people I've ever met in my life. Then I went to Blockbuster, then onto Starbucks which made it so much more better. It's the norm in having a retail job though. I swear unless I'm completely desperate, that I will never have another retail job in my life.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
****ing ice cruncher is back at it. I tried to make a subtle hint yesterday, just by telling her that she chews a lot of ice and I can always hear her crunching. She said it was a nervous tick.
Wear headphones?

Old
12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Thanks, lol. While I love to make jokes and make people laugh, I realized I went too far and that the joke was both not funny and offensive. I'm not here to hurt people's feelings, only have a good time and make people laugh. I'm generally a nice guy. At least I try to be.

Sorry if I offend anyone. This is quite the rant. WOW.
Actually, I read what the original post was (through a quote), and I didn't think it was all that bad. Could be just me though.

Sucks about the 21 yr old thing. Kinda glad I'm old now and don't have to deal with it.

You make a good point about guy/girl friends and wanting to bang each other. I work with 45 guys and one other girl. It's interesting....let's just say that.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Actually, I read what the original post was (through a quote), and I didn't think it was all that bad. Could be just me though.

Sucks about the 21 yr old thing. Kinda glad I'm old now and don't have to deal with it.

You make a good point about guy/girl friends and wanting to bang each other. I work with 45 guys and one other girl. It's interesting....let's just say that.
SEE!!! It's so true.

Platonic friendships only exist because it is not the norm for people to just have sex with everyone they would like to have sex with due to spouses, girlfriends, social norms, std's, ect. That, and often one person is just not attracted to the other and is only looking for friendship, or likes the attention and keeps the other around.

I can run through all the girls I am friends with, and I would do a lot of them. And out of the ones I wouldn't do, many have at least offered to do me.

This is where the line "I don't want to risk our friendhsip" comes in. It's a nice way of saying, yeah I'm your friend, but no, I will not have sex with you.

Seriously, if two people were great friends and both found each other attractive (and both were single) why shouldn't they be together, sexually and otherwise????

So, how about them apples????? It's crazy in one respect, in another, its kinda natural.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:46 PM
chaosof99*

Threadtitle: Monroe is misspelled Or Isn't it great to have to two hockey teams in the same city on a five game winning streak.

Yeah, I got nothing.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Being a 21 year old guy sucks. Girls act interested while you buy them drinks, then leave the bar with older d-bags. For 21 year olds like me, it is expensive and ****ing rude. Yeah, I want to get in your pants, seriously, why would I talk to you at the bar otherwise? (I fully realize this makes me sound like an ass, but most girls I meet are ****** anyway, so whatever). You don't usually meet your soulmate or even a good friend at the bar when your 21, so expecting anything more then guys looking for sex at a bar is idiotic at best. Plus, as a 21 year old male, what can I offer a woman other then some fun one night? I have no money, I have no place, I'm in college and working, I don't have a nice car (or one that even runs right now) I mean come on? Yeah I'm looking for a game of just the tip, so what? Do you want to be my gf? No. Put out or move over. I have plenty of friends, and I'm not listening to you whine about work/school/your gal pals while buying you your drinks just so we can go shoe shopping on Saturday. I'm dropping the nice guy act for a while, because I get too many girls who want to use me for what little money I have and then dump their emotional baggage on me so they can go **** some other guy who is totally hott (their words, I have actually been told this) and is a total d-bag who also has a gf he is cheating on.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously, girls make me so angry sometimes. I hate the system too, but I didn't make the rules, I have never cheated on a gf, and I don't take advantage of people, and I'm tired of getting **** on by ***** girls who only care about having fun while I get used and abused.

Until I actually used that line on a friend who was trying so hard to hook up with me, she made me sick, I never truly understood it.

It's a polite way of saying I'm not attracted to you and I don't want to hook up with you.

Actually, I realized in most friendships between a man and a women, it seems usually one of them is sexually attracted to the other. While most women will disagree, they are just oblivious to the fact their guy friends want to **** them.

Think about it. Think of all your friends of the opposite sex. How many of them would you have sex with??? Probably a lot if you could do it without any negative repercussions (like upsetting spouses or getting fired from work, if you catch my drift).

Now, think of the ones you don't want to do. I bet you could figure out that most of them would have sex with you if they could, whether they (or yourself) can admit that they would do it. Thats harder to picture, because often people don't spend time to learn the true intentions of others, they just get mad one day when they figure them out, when it's to late.

Agreed. Being rejected sucks. But I'd rather be rejected to start then investing time and money into a relationship with someone who ends up f'ing you over or worse, f'ing you over by f'ing your friend.

I love it. Great game. I have actually used this strategy once. And it worked....

At starting a year and a half relationship that makes me feel like **** now that I think about it.

Thanks, lol. While I love to make jokes and make people laugh, I realized I went too far and that the joke was both not funny and offensive. I'm not here to hurt people's feelings, only have a good time and make people laugh. I'm generally a nice guy. At least I try to be.

Sorry if I offend anyone. This is quite the rant. WOW.
I've used the "You're too good of a friend" line one too many times in my life. Being a girl who generally hates girls because they're too petty, I've acquired quite a long list of guy friends. In my experiance, about 90% at some point have tried, but already after being my friend for like 3 years. And it's just like come one seriously? If it was gonna happen, or if I was interested at all, wouldn't it have happened already? What makes it even weirder though, is just about all of my guy friends call me one of the guys. If you're gonna sit there and try and be interested in me, isn't it a little weird to be calling me one of the guys?

Old
12-17-2008, 02:50 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Charlie, I never knew about the iron deficiency thing, but I guess it could be true. I chew ice, not as often or as loudly as she does, and I have low iron. It's mostly because I donate blood just about every 3 months or so, and I went to see my doctor and he said that'll do it.

And Dbr, I know alllll about working retail this time of year. I worked at the Pac Sun in the Cherry Hill Mall for 3 years, back in high school. Some of the people that came into that store have been some of the most ignorant, snobby, miserable people I've ever met in my life. Then I went to Blockbuster, then onto Starbucks which made it so much more better. It's the norm in having a retail job though. I swear unless I'm completely desperate, that I will never have another retail job in my life.

Oh mannnnn, I hate ittt. I work at Walgreens. If i have to print one more Christmas card for a family i'm gonna ****ing lose it. I need to get out of retail. People just don't understand it takes about an hour, to print pictures. Whenever we tell them it won't be out right away they get all, huffy-puffy with us.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Kambo

Oh and Hover, I like the glove throwing title.

Old
12-17-2008, 02:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I've used the "You're too good of a friend" line one too many times in my life. Being a girl who generally hates girls because they're too petty, I've acquired quite a long list of guy friends. In my experiance, about 90% at some point have tried, but already after being my friend for like 3 years. And it's just like come one seriously? If it was gonna happen, or if I was interested at all, wouldn't it have happened already? What makes it even weirder though, is just about all of my guy friends call me one of the guys. If you're gonna sit there and try and be interested in me, isn't it a little weird to be calling me one of the guys?
It depends. Sometimes they are so comfortable around you they feel like your one of the guys, but then you might wear something low cut or bend over to pick something up, and then they remember that you are most certainly a girl, and then they start thinking about what the sex would be like.

Plus, situations and hormones are also key.

I have know this one girl for years, and we never did anything even remotely sexual, and down the shore she pretty much got into bed with me and told me I could do anything I wanted to her.

I got so freaked (I am not attracted to her in any way, and she has been off again on again with one of my best friends who was in the family room right outside my bedroom RIGHT THEN). So I fell outta my bed, ran outta the room in my boxers (laughing histerically) and my buddies who were still awake got a kick out of it. Including my friend, who was over her at that point.

Needless to say, she was embarrassed and we don't speak much anymore. I like her as a friend, but I want nothing else from her.

She wanted something from me tho!

Old
12-17-2008, 03:01 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
It depends. Sometimes they are so comfortable around you they feel like your one of the guys, but then you might wear something low cut or bend over to pick something up, and then they remember that you are most certainly a girl, and then they start thinking about what the sex would be like.
Your descirption reminds me of Euro Trip.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Nice alliteration, I say leave it.

But wow, my internet's slow today.

Also I'm pretty annoyed that they moved the WJC forum to the top. Every time I want to go to NHL Talk I accidentally land in Trade Rumors and FA Talk.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Your descirption reminds me of Euro Trip.
Thats exactly the idea. Sometimes someone is off limits or you dont notice them. Then a little peak, and some booze, and bam, it's a one way ticket to Bone City!

... in your head anyway

Old
12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Kambo

Quote:

Plus, situations and hormones are also key.

I have know this one girl for years, and we never did anything even remotely sexual, and down the shore she pretty much got into bed with me and told me I could do anything I wanted to her.

I got so freaked (I am not attracted to her in any way, and she has been off again on again with one of my best friends who was in the family room right outside my bedroom RIGHT THEN). So I fell outta my bed, ran outta the room in my boxers (laughing histerically) and my buddies who were still awake got a kick out of it. Including my friend, who was over her at that point.

Needless to say, she was embarrassed and we don't speak much anymore. I like her as a friend, but I want nothing else from her.

She wanted something from me tho!
Well yeah I guess the hormones and whatnot, and I am a girl so I do wear girly clothes haha. It's just weird because they're my friends. Not all of my guy friends are bad looking, well actually most of them are good looking, but I've never, in no way, shape, or form thought of them in that way. I've always just been friends with them, and just thinking about being romantically involved with any of them at this point just kinda freaks me out. It's almost unnatural hahaha.
But going back to the 21-23 year old bar thing, it's not even always at a bar. I'll be out at a store, or over a friends house, who introduces me to a friend. It's like no matter where I go, it's sex sex sex. Which also, when I go to a bar, I'm not even always looking for guys. Sometimes I just wanna get my ******* drink on haha. And then bringing the whole guy friends thing in is a whole other story. You're sitting somewhere and are completely surrounded by a large group of dudes, so that if and when a good looking guy comes in first initial reaction is most likely gonna be, "Oh that girl must date one of them." But then there's the times when I'll hang with one of my girl friends, which most of them are attention ******, and a guy or two will walk up express interest, and she'll turn around and be all up in dude's grill piece, to the point where he'll either walk away or she'll be the one who ends up with his number even though he was trying to give it to me. Or dude goes for her, and I get stuck with the weird ass looking hobbit friend he brought along, but she doesn't care cause she got what she wanted.

Goddamit! **** gets me so frustrated haha.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:11 PM
CoolinWithCosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Does anyone on here go to Camden County.
i go to rowan

Old
12-17-2008, 03:26 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Well yeah I guess the hormones and whatnot, and I am a girl so I do wear girly clothes haha. It's just weird because they're my friends. Not all of my guy friends are bad looking, well actually most of them are good looking, but I've never, in no way, shape, or form thought of them in that way. I've always just been friends with them, and just thinking about being romantically involved with any of them at this point just kinda freaks me out. It's almost unnatural hahaha.
But going back to the 21-23 year old bar thing, it's not even always at a bar. I'll be out at a store, or over a friends house, who introduces me to a friend. It's like no matter where I go, it's sex sex sex. Which also, when I go to a bar, I'm not even always looking for guys. Sometimes I just wanna get my ******* drink on haha. And then bringing the whole guy friends thing in is a whole other story. You're sitting somewhere and are completely surrounded by a large group of dudes, so that if and when a good looking guy comes in first initial reaction is most likely gonna be, "Oh that girl must date one of them." But then there's the times when I'll hang with one of my girl friends, which most of them are attention ******, and a guy or two will walk up express interest, and she'll turn around and be all up in dude's grill piece, to the point where he'll either walk away or she'll be the one who ends up with his number even though he was trying to give it to me. Or dude goes for her, and I get stuck with the weird ass looking hobbit friend he brought along, but she doesn't care cause she got what she wanted.

LOL, I can't even concentrate on a response I'm laughing so hard.

Yeah Kambo, young people are obsessed with sex, not exactly surprising.

So, wanna do it?

Old
12-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
can we please put an end to (insert players name) is (insert random noun)?

Cant we just accept that Richards is Cannon is the only one that will stick?
I've been saying this for a year. Too many people on the board see something funny and repeat it over and over again like children on the playground.

The thread title is fine the way it is. No more player is noun.

Old
12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Miss Mess

KIMMO TIMMO!

I was gonna make a thread for the dude the other day. But I think the last time somebody did that, he went down in the playoffs. We can't let that **** happen again!

Quote:
Being a 21 year old guy sucks. Girls act interested while you buy them drinks, then leave the bar with older d-bags. For 21 year olds like me, it is expensive and ****ing rude. Yeah, I want to get in your pants, seriously, why would I talk to you at the bar otherwise? (I fully realize this makes me sound like an ass, but most girls I meet are ****** anyway, so whatever). You don't usually meet your soulmate or even a good friend at the bar when your 21, so expecting anything more then guys looking for sex at a bar is idiotic at best. Plus, as a 21 year old male, what can I offer a woman other then some fun one night? I have no money, I have no place, I'm in college and working, I don't have a nice car (or one that even runs right now) I mean come on? Yeah I'm looking for a game of just the tip, so what? Do you want to be my gf? No. Put out or move over. I have plenty of friends, and I'm not listening to you whine about work/school/your gal pals while buying you your drinks just so we can go shoe shopping on Saturday. I'm dropping the nice guy act for a while, because I get too many girls who want to use me for what little money I have and then dump their emotional baggage on me so they can go **** some other guy who is totally hott (their words, I have actually been told this) and is a total d-bag who also has a gf he is cheating on.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously, girls make me so angry sometimes. I hate the system too, but I didn't make the rules, I have never cheated on a gf, and I don't take advantage of people, and I'm tired of getting **** on by ***** girls who only care about having fun while I get used and abused.
Aww dude that freakin sucks. Most girls don't know what the hell they want; it's as simple as that.
But don't stress too much, you'll find a keeper eventually. I know plenty of normal girls who don't do stupid **** like that, they ARE out there lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87
Actually, I realized in most friendships between a man and a women, it seems usually one of them is sexually attracted to the other. While most women will disagree, they are just oblivious to the fact their guy friends want to **** them.
Hmm interesting.
Just this past weekend, one of my guy friends made a move and I was stunned. I think I mumbled some "friend" line and walked off haha terrible.

I'm tiny, so I often hear "you're adorable" from guys at bars. At first I wonder if that means they see me as their little sister or something, so I back off. Lol. But luckily it usually doesn't hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo
But then there's the times when I'll hang with one of my girl friends, which most of them are attention ******, and a guy or two will walk up express interest, and she'll turn around and be all up in dude's grill piece, to the point where he'll either walk away or she'll be the one who ends up with his number even though he was trying to give it to me. Or dude goes for her, and I get stuck with the weird ass looking hobbit friend he brought along, but she doesn't care cause she got what she wanted.

Hahaha oh man, that's horrible!! I can SO relate to that story. I hate when you get paired up with your friend's new boytoy's pal. SO awkward

And one of my friends tends to start ****ing CRYING outside by herself when she goes to bars or parties. It's happened like four or five times now. Something about low self esteem, no guy wants her blah blah. Then I have to baby her and listen to the sobbing/blubbering. Ugh sometimes I wish I was a huge ***** and would just ignore her, but I'm nice. Boo. Yeah lets just say I don't go out with her much nowadays.

Old
12-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
No more player is noun.
what about using that as a permanent title?

i was doing maintenance at work today, gluing some stuff down, using some super duper industrial rubber cement. usually my throat is a little sore. on top of that today my nostrils are burning.

this is the closest to having done coke i've ever come.

Old
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
CharlieGirl

Why don't we leave the "obsequious" part out... it's an OT thread.

But if we're adamant about a title, how can any thread with a #9 not have to do with Upshall?

Closed Thread