HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo's Line Juggling ISn't the Answer...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2008, 05:15 PM
  #1
habs1993
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Carbo's Line Juggling ISn't the Answer...

It's seems that Carbo's lost for answers...

Ultimately, he's the leader, boss and the strategists to lead the team to success or failures...

Our record as a team is respectable but there seems to be deeper problems....Our lack of consistancy and underachieving ways rest on Carbo's shoulders...... Carbo's only answer when we loss is to line juggle......that hasn't worked!....Other teams have figured out how to play against his one dimensional game plan.

He seems to be limited in his ability to figure out the problem and solve it!

What Carbo needs to do:
1- A better game plan for each team that he faces (Not one game plan for all
teams)
2- Adjusting the game plan through out the 3 periods on a need basis
3- Motivate the players to follow the game plan
4- Immediate sit players that don't follow the game plan (set an example)
5- Play players on their natural position and with matching skill levels
5- Rethink the power play strategy and implement it & adjust on a need basis
6- Get his team to play discliplined hockey (cut down untimely penalties)
7- Sit out what ever players that aren't playing disciplined (set an example)
8- Stop getting over confident when we do win
8- Motivate the team to play the game plan for 60 minutes
9- Let Bob know which players he feels need to go back to Hamilton and which
ones need to be traded to improve the game plan execution

Carbo is a good coach but not a great coach...this could be the root of our problems.

If Carbo and Gainey don't find answers we will have hard time competing for the top of the conference and for the Stanley Cup.

What do you guys think?

habs1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:26 PM
  #2
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 9,336
vCash: 500
line juggling is not, benching is,

and the tit brothers, are playing lazy,

if this team had to much depth, we still and should have 2 solid scoring lines, and we can't fine one.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:41 PM
  #3
Batarnac
Registered User
 
Batarnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
I think your ideas are new and refreshing and I'm sure Carbo never thought about any of that.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 05:48 PM
  #4
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post
It's seems that Carbo's lost for answers...

Ultimately, he's the leader, boss and the strategists to lead the team to success or failures...

Our record as a team is respectable but there seems to be deeper problems....Our lack of consistancy and underachieving ways rest on Carbo's shoulders...... Carbo's only answer when we loss is to line juggle......that hasn't worked!....Other teams have figured out how to play against his one dimensional game plan.

He seems to be limited in his ability to figure out the problem and solve it!

What Carbo needs to do:
1- A better game plan for each team that he faces (Not one game plan for all
teams)
2- Adjusting the game plan through out the 3 periods on a need basis
3- Motivate the players to follow the game plan
4- Immediate sit players that don't follow the game plan (set an example)
5- Play players on their natural position and with matching skill levels
5- Rethink the power play strategy and implement it & adjust on a need basis
6- Get his team to play discliplined hockey (cut down untimely penalties)
7- Sit out what ever players that aren't playing disciplined (set an example) 8- Stop getting over confident when we do win
8- Motivate the team to play the game plan for 60 minutes
9- Let Bob know which players he feels need to go back to Hamilton and which
ones need to be traded to improve the game plan execution

Carbo is a good coach but not a great coach...this could be the root of our problems.

If Carbo and Gainey don't find answers we will have hard time competing for the top of the conference and for the Stanley Cup.

What do you guys think?
Almost half your points would involve line juggling.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
  #5
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
line juggling is not, benching is,

and the tit brothers, are playing lazy,

if this team had to much depth, we still and should have 2 solid scoring lines, and we can't fine one.
Stop saying its the Kostitsyns...Its their first and third year respectively. Its getting ridiculous. The problem comes from the veterans Tanguay, Kovalev, Higgins and Koivu, they need to step up. I agree Koivu is playing well, but I guess he doesn't bring enough leadership.

But I believe the major problem comes from the coaching staff. Juggling with the trios won't help. And better defensemen who know how to make a good first pass would help a lot.


Last edited by Thinkbig: 12-17-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:18 PM
  #6
Bodacious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I'm sure his next coaching gem will be to shadow Lecalvier with BGL.

Bodacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
  #7
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
We find it funny but it was a pretty dumb decision by Carbo. It was useless and Lucic did score after all.
Well, it looked it was working until Lucic scored when Laraque wasn't on the ice. So he was hardly intimidated, but to be fair, Laraque wasn't on the ice for some reason since Carbonneau changed his mind. It was a little silly.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
  #8
Shred
Registered User
 
Shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 822
vCash: 500
At the beginning of the season we said we played bad because we were overconfident but won because we were one of the best teams in the league. After we started losing, we said we lost because we were too confident. When it continued, we said we lost confidence. Either this team has a massive attitude problem, or the guys we have just aren't as good as we thought last year.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:06 AM
  #9
iceman17
 
iceman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Stop saying its the Kostitsyns...Its their first and third year respectively. Its getting ridiculous. The problem comes from the veterans Tanguay, Kovalev, Higgins and Koivu, they need to step up. I agree Koivu is playing well, but I guess he doesn't bring enough leadership.

But I believe the major problem comes from the coaching staff. Juggling with the trios won't help. And better defensemen who know how to make a good first pass would help a lot.
I find it interesting that you say A. Kostitsyn is in his third year, yet you say Higgins is a veteran and in this fourth year. Do you need 4 years in the league to be a veteran? Does that mean A. Kostitsyn will be considered a veteran next season?

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
  #10
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Stop saying its the Kostitsyns...Its their first and third year respectively. Its getting ridiculous. The problem comes from the veterans Tanguay, Kovalev, Higgins and Koivu, they need to step up. I agree Koivu is playing well, but I guess he doesn't bring enough leadership.

But I believe the major problem comes from the coaching staff. Juggling with the trios won't help. And better defensemen who know how to make a good first pass would help a lot.
Koivu has been the best player and his absence is noticeable.

You identify what you believe are two problem areas. First, if the coaching staff is the major problem, what is it doing wrong? Is it correctable? Second, the "better defensemen" aren't there, so what should the Habs do about it? No one on the Bulldogs is better than the ones on the roster, or they would already be here. I don't know of any better-than-average Dman who can be acquired at the snap of a finger.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
  #11
lxzred
Registered User
 
lxzred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Koivu has been the best player and his absence is noticeable.

You identify what you believe are two problem areas. First, if the coaching staff is the major problem, what is it doing wrong? Is it correctable? Second, the "better defensemen" aren't there, so what should the Habs do about it? No one on the Bulldogs is better than the ones on the roster, or they would already be here. I don't know of any better-than-average Dman who can be acquired at the snap of a finger.
Is that a Jeff Finger joke?

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
  #12
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post
5- Rethink the power play strategy and implement it & adjust on a need basis
...the more I watch the PP, the more I start to realize what the problem might be. The opposition has learned that the best way to play the Montreal power play is to take away passing lanes, and not give players down low, the time and space to make something happen.

To combat this, Carbo has to get the players making smart plays, but also making fast plays. Everyone needs to be moving, and passes have to be made quickly to get the penalty killers out of position. If we can do that consistantly for awhile other teams will be force to play a little more passive, and everything will be good again.

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.