HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just had a talk with Eklund about Sundin and the Habs...

Old
12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
habs1993

vCash: 500
Just had a talk with Eklund about Sundin and the Habs...

This opportunity to speak with eklund was a phone conference call listed on his site hockeybuzz.com at 6--7 today....I joined in the call...

I just had the opportunity to speak to Eklund on the phone about Sundin and the Habs...

I ask him what is the real reason why Sundin didn't pick the Habs...He Said " Sundin has alot of respect for Bob Gainey and the Montreal Canadiens organization...the reason he didn't pick the Habs is because of our media circus ...that is the main reason"....

I also asked Eklund if Gainey is pursuing anybody...he said " Bob is putting some SERIOUS enquiries about Jay bouwmeester and Shanahan"...

I also asked him why Gainey hasn't been able to have success with attracting top free agents and be able to make trades for superstars...he said " top free agents are looking for top dollars and the tax system in Quebec is working against Gainey...players can make 20-30% more with other teams"...with regards to top player trades...he said " other GM are trying to take advantge of Gainey because of the poor situation in Quebec with taxes and media...hence no big trades from Gainey."

It's dissapointing that these are the sad realities why our team is having a hard time to atttract top players...

But on a bright note...Gainey has done a great job with assembling a good scouting team, drafting good prospects and created some depth in our prospect pool...

So lets hope our coach and management team can solve some of the current issues and have a good playoff run...

Go habs Go!

habs1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
le_sean

Wow I bet Eklund really had to put time and effort into that research. Any hockey fan with half a brain knows this about Montreal.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
number 11

ya, no media circus in toronto or anything...

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:53 PM
ti-vite

That means it must be true.

Good job.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
ya, no media circus in toronto or anything...
/thread

Please, give me a break, I didn't see yet one player refusing to play for the Yankees because of the media circus.

If they can't handle some pressure, I do not want to see them play with the Habs anyway.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
/thread

Please, give me a break, I didn't see yet one player refusing to play for the Yankees because of the media circus.

If they can't handle some pressure, I do not want to see them play with the Habs anyway.
Can't compare the two. The Yankees can pay players $10+ million, the Canadiens cannot.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
You'd think if Eklund was aware of the team's inability to sign big name free agents he'd stop using the Habs in every rumour he makes up.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Pascal

eklund is a joke, why would you call into his conference?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 666
Give me his number so I can tell that thief off.

Habs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
Give me his number so I can tell that thief off.
lol.

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1993 View Post
I also asked Eklund if Gainey is pursuing anybody...he said " Bob is putting some SERIOUS enquiries about Jay bouwmeester and Shanahan"...
Ooooooohhh, so this where the Jay-Bo to Montreal rumor came from? :

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Come on guys, Eklund is a poster here on HF. Which means he is covered under the same rules as any other poster. You can disagree with things he puts on his site, but flaming him is not allowed.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Come on guys, Eklund is a poster here on HF. Which means he is covered under the same rules as any other poster. You can disagree with things he puts on his site, but flaming him is not allowed.
Eklund is a dirt sheet reporter. That might sound OMG BAD but we accept them in every other form of entertainment. I have no problem with Eklund because I don't expect his rumours and hearsay to become true. Others do, which is why people have such a huge problem with him. He reports what he hears, period. Nothing wrong with that. What's wrong is people expecting miracles (hearsay becoming fact).

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:42 PM
workedforme

Quote:

Wait, so if he wasn't a poster here then we could flame him to high heaven? If the answer is yes then I think the HF mod squad should make a poll to wether or not we as a community should ban him. I vote ban and flame away...

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:52 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan laser View Post
Wait, so if he wasn't a poster here then we could flame him to high heaven? If the answer is yes then I think the HF mod squad should make a poll to wether or not we as a community should ban him. I vote ban and flame away...
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:58 PM
workedforme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this forum.
Someone wanting to flame Ecklund is the most ridiculous thing you've read on HF? Then you've clearly never entered an Ecklund thread before...

Old
12-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Can't compare the two. The Yankees can pay players $10+ million, the Canadiens cannot.
Exactly!!!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
usernam

Quote:
Someone wanting to flame Ecklund is the most ridiculous thing you've read on HF? Then you've clearly never entered an Ecklund thread before...
I was referring to the part where you want to make a poll to ban him. I mean, he has every right to be member of this forum as long as he respects the rules. Anyways, just my opinion.

And I can't remember entering an Eklund thread

Old
12-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Sure you can. The Yankees don't need to overpay baseball players to come play for them. Yes they are offering a ton of money, but they are not offering a 10M$ extra to free agent. At the same amount of money, free agents will choose the Yankees.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
/thread

Thats because the yankees can and do pay more then any other team in baseball. And its not that these guys can't handle some pressure, its just that they have a choice and choose not to like most anybody would.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Eklund is a dirt sheet reporter. That might sound OMG BAD but we accept them in every other form of entertainment. I have no problem with Eklund because I don't expect his rumours and hearsay to become true. Others do, which is why people have such a huge problem with him. He reports what he hears, period. Nothing wrong with that. What's wrong is people expecting miracles (hearsay becoming fact).
I agree LR, personally I take what Eklund says with a grain of salt so to speak. To me he's entertainment and nothing more. If I want serious hockey information, there are other places I usually go.

Quote:
Well you could flame him within reason. As for having him removed, that isn't a decision that can be made by the mods. The people that run HF feel he has every right to be here. So as long as he is a poster, he's protected, just like everyone else.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-17-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
I agree LR, personally I take what Eklund says with a grain of salt so to speak. To me he's entertainment and nothing more. If I want serious hockey information, there are other places I usually go.

Well you could flame him within reason. As for having him removed, that isn't a decision that can be made by the mods. The people that run HF feel he has every right to be here. So as long he is a poster, he's protected, just like everyone else.
Yeah i agree with him being a poster. He has every right to be here, he writes blogs yes, so does the rest of the world, and you guys end up reading them right? So whats the problem? Its just giving him more publicity. You don't like his stuff? Don't read it. Simple, he can stay here all he wants.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Thats because the yankees can and do pay more then any other team in baseball. And its not that these guys can't handle some pressure, its just that they have a choice and choose not to like most anybody would.
Give me a break, it not like the hockey players were the professionnals athletes with the most pressure... look at football quarterback, soccer players in Europe, pitchers in baseball.

The Yankees are offering nearly as much as any others teams...they just have a lot of those players with high salaries...but again, they don't need to highly overpay a player.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
workedforme

Seems I've stirred up a bit of a kufuffle here. I was mostly kidding about banning Ecklund. My point is more that if you're going to sell information that is mostly regarded as tabloid info, being a poster on a message board shouldn't protect your "information" from public scrutiny.
That said I should have included a somewhere in my original post...

Old
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
usernam

Quote:
Seems I've stirred up a bit of a kufuffle here. I was mostly kidding about banning Ecklund. My point is more that if you're going to sell information that is mostly regarded as tabloid info, being a poster on a message board shouldn't protect your "information" from public scrutiny.
That said I should have included a somewhere in my original post...
Lol, sorry if I overreacted then.