HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKOI Rumour : Boumeester for 3 habs

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
J-Bo would solidify our D core. With the amount of talent we have up front, its only a matter of time before they wake up and start scoring.
agreed. cups are won from the goalie, defence, and then offense

plus isnt J-Bo more offensive than Komisarek just not as physical but good defensively?

Old
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Thinkbig

The media is ********* UP. They made a big deal with Komi and Sergei, and now this?

Old
12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Injury prone? He's played 82 games each of the last 3 seasons. He also gets around 70 PIMs a year so he's not soft. He plays 30 mins a game, probably the fastest dman in the league and had 15 goals last year. I have no idea where you get tempermental though, but judging by the other words you used to describe him you have no clue.
He was talking about Gaborik.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

CKOI is owned by the same company that owns CKAC.

If they had a source, the source would have fed it to CKAC and they would be airing it non-stop.

I call BS.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot09 View Post
Speaking about not having a clue, the conversation was about Gaborik.

Thanks for coming out though.
Don't be a dick about it, he misread. It happens.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Really, and you know this how? Don't start talking **** when you can't back it up.
Wow a tad testy tonight are we ? This is a forum, we guess, just like 99.9% of the posters here, LMAO including yourself.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:

Well actually you're the one that screwed up. Since you quoted a post that was talking about Bouwmeester.

So thank you for coming out.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
The media is ********* UP. They made a big deal with Komi and Sergei, and now this?
with sundin over they have to go with another player...they are bored of talking about Gaborik...

Old
12-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Wow a tad testy tonight are we ? This is a forum, we guess, just like 99.9% of the posters here, LMAO including yourself.
Guessing is one thing HHF, stating them as fact is another matter. Next time back up what you say and I won't call you out....deal?

Old
12-17-2008, 08:20 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Well actually you're the one that screwed up. Since you quoted a post that was talking about Bouwmeester.

So thank you for coming out.
"Oh please...he's a perfect fit for a puck moving offense. Nothing special though....only an elite sniper.."

Yes... Bouwmeester. Jeez, step it up.

Old
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:

This thread is going too fast and it was about Jay-Bo, so I just assumed. Sorry about that. Off night for me.

My reaction is still warranted though, if you were talking about Jay

Old
HotHabsFan*

He is overrated, i could care less about him, we need GRIT and SCORING. 29th on the PP and were are going to get J Bone. I hope this is all BS.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Lone Rogue

How Florida trades for Big Stars work:

GM requests a BIG load in return. For example, JayBo for Higgins, McDonaugh, Gorges and a 1st Round Pick.

Then tweaking goes on. Most teams balk at the wideload, until something the Florida GM catches that he really likes. With the Luongo deal, Bryan Allen. With the Jokinen deal, Keith Ballard. Once this happens, the deal changes up from an impossibly stacked deal into something manageable, even a win for the guy getting the Panther superstar.

In other words, we get Jacques Martin to fall in love with Sergei Kostitsyn, and we could probably get Boumeester for S-Kost, Ryan O'Byrne, Mathieu Dandenault (injured) and Carle

Old
12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Haddock

CKOI can't be counted on to play good music to begin with. Using that station for news about the Habs is like using habsinsideout as a source for news about Beyonce's new cd.

Love some of the reactions as ususal. Yeah it's always the media's fault and yet we're on the fourth page of fans talking about it. It's a two-way street fellas.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Guessing is one thing HHF, stating them as fact is another matter. Next time back up what you say and I won't call you out....deal?

won't you get tired trying chase out all of us who know not what we are saying, especially us who have no facts to back it up. again like i said before 99.9% of the posts here. now back on track PLEASE NO J-BONE.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:23 PM
le_sean

Quote:
He is overrated, i could care less about him, we need GRIT and SCORING. 29th on the PP and were are going to get J Bone. I hope this is all BS.
15 goals last year, which is more than Streit and without playing a forward position.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
"Oh please...he's a perfect fit for a puck moving offense. Nothing special though....only an elite sniper.."

Yes... Bouwmeester. Jeez, step it up.
lol...ok you got me. I did the same thing. My bad.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
How Florida trades for Big Stars work:

GM requests a BIG load in return. For example, JayBo for Higgins, McDonaugh, Gorges and a 1st Round Pick.

Then tweaking goes on. Most teams balk at the wideload, until something the Florida GM catches that he really likes. With the Luongo deal, Bryan Allen. With the Jokinen deal, Keith Ballard. Once this happens, the deal changes up from an impossibly stacked deal into something manageable, even a win for the guy getting the Panther superstar.

In other words, we get Jacques Martin to fall in love with Sergei Kostitsyn, and we could probably get Boumeester for S-Kost, Ryan O'Byrne, Mathieu Dandenault (injured) and Carle
Why did you used a bold font with bigger size? I thought something official happened ...

BTW, thank you Mr. GM for those precious informations....

Old
12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Isn't he the best fit to fix our powerplay? He had 15 goals last year... I'm not sure if he is overrated, but i sure know that his skating is wonderful and beautiful to watch.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
won't you get tired trying chase out all of us who know not what we are saying, especially us who have no facts to back it up. again like i said before 99.9% of the posts here. now back on track PLEASE NO J-BONE.
I'll be happy when posters stop telling other posters that their opinions are wrong. When they can't even back up what they are saying. That's when I'll be happy HHF.

Old
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Isn't he the best fit to fix our powerplay? He had 15 goals last year... I'm not sure if he is overrated, but i sure know that his skating is wonderful and beautiful to watch.
Mustafa, dont we have enough skaters that are beautiful to watch right now ? If i wanted to watch figure skating i would go see the Stars on ice, i want passion grit and goal scoring.

Old
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Are you serious? Jay Bouwmeester is more underrated than overrated. If he played here he would be Jesus #2 and a top-5 defenseman in the league in our eyes.

What more scoring do we have to add? It just isnt clicking right now. Kovalev needs to step up among others. We need another top-4 defenseman, in my opinion, if we want to keep in the running for the cup.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:31 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Mustafa, dont we have enough skaters that are beautiful to watch right now ? If i wanted to watch figure skating i would go see the Stars on ice, i want passion grit and goal scoring.
Well you'll have to live with it. Gainey just can't magically find one player to turn our team into the Broad Street Bullies, he needs to find someone that fits our team perfectly, skating and finesse, like Jay Bouwmeester. Right now the Habs only have Markov for the transition game, adding JayBo would do wonders.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
He might be among the 3-4 best defensmen regarding scoring skills... He's 6"4 he might not be thought as a gritty player, but he does have some weight.

Edit Am i right about his height?

Old
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well you'll have to live with it. Gainey just can't magically find one player to turn our team into the Broad Street Bullies, he needs to find someone that fits our team perfectly, skating and finesse, like Jay Bouwmeester. Right now the Habs only have Markov for the transition game, adding JayBo would do wonders.

ok Sean i will give you this point, but for me and i am saying ME, i don't want J Bo in Montreal. I want some more gritty goal scorers. Please everyone don't get offended by my opinions, they mean nothing to anyone but me. cheers.

Closed Thread