HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKOI Rumour : Boumeester for 3 habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
  #101
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
To be completely honest, I can't figure out how it would fit under the cap. At all. Unless Florida accepted Tomas Plekanec, Sergei Kostitsyn, Francis Bouillon and Mattieu Dandenault, I don't see how we could fit it. Besides, if we sent away a center like Plekanec or Lang, we'd have to call up Kyle Chipchura, so we'd need money to do that. And I can't see Florida taking injured goods like Dandy.

So really, how do we fit him under the cap?

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:36 PM
  #102
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok Sean i will give you this point, but for me and i am saying ME, i don't want J Bo in Montreal. I want some more gritty goal scorers. Please everyone don't get offended by my opinions, they mean nothing to anyone but me. cheers.
Fair enough, but you'd be missing out on a great player.

le_sean is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
  #103
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well you don't have facts to prove he is a bad defenceman. Every single fact points towards JayBo being one of the best in the league.

ok fine, but i dont need facts to say I dont want him in Montreal. I never sad he was a BAD defenseman, i don't know where your getting this info, i said he is overrated. this does not mean he is bad. but if you want, tell me your facts as to why he would become a fan favorite ? Souray scored more goals then him and look where he is now.

HotHabsFan* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
  #104
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
To be completely honest, I can't figure out how it would fit under the cap. At all. Unless Florida accepted Tomas Plekanec, Sergei Kostitsyn, Francis Bouillon and Mattieu Dandenault, I don't see how we could fit it. Besides, if we sent away a center like Plekanec or Lang, we'd have to call up Kyle Chipchura, so we'd need money to do that. And I can't see Florida taking injured goods like Dandy.

So really, how do we fit him under the cap?
Well he only makes 4.875 this year with just over 25% of the season played, that makes his contract around 3.65. Some injuries on the Habs have pushed their cap space up and salary would go back the other way. It is feasible.

le_sean is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:40 PM
  #105
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok fine, but i dont need facts to say I dont want him in Montreal. I never sad he was a BAD defenseman, i don't know where your getting this info, i said he is overrated. this does not mean he is bad. but if you want, tell me your facts as to why he would become a fan favorite ? Souray scored more goals then him and look where he is now.
Souray also got lit up on the highlight reel more than 50 Cent has been shot.

Bouwmeester is a very good defensive defenseman and also young.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
  #106
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok fine, but i dont need facts to say I dont want him in Montreal. I never sad he was a BAD defenseman, i don't know where your getting this info, i said he is overrated. this does not mean he is bad. but if you want, tell me your facts as to why he would become a fan favorite ? Souray scored more goals then him and look where he is now.
There's a part of a defenseman game named DEFENSE dude. Rare are the D-Men who are as good defensively than offensively... J-BOUW is one of the few who can be considered a perfect two-way D-Man.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
  #107
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,259
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Imagine our top 4 if we get him? Top 3 in the league for sure. We don't need more scoring forwards, we need another scoring D who also plays good D. Please make it happen!!

Spectaculard is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
  #108
Bronto Dan
 
Bronto Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
The guy on the radio said 3 players, I wonder witch 3 guys?

My bet is at least one vet so we can have space to resign... anyhow:

Markov - Komi
Hamer- Jay Bou
Cube - Gorges

It looks great to me...
maybe the shot we need to get Markov back to passing on the PP??

Bronto Dan is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
  #109
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Oh wow dumbest caller ever.
We should've got Jeff Fingé

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
  #110
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Well he only makes 4.875 this year with just over 25% of the season played, that makes his contract around 3.65. Some injuries on the Habs have pushed their cap space up and salary would go back the other way. It is feasible.
So, okay, brainstorm time. Koivu, Kovalev, Lang, Komisarek, Markov, Hamrlik, Price, Tanguay aside, who could the Habs deal to Florida to cut the capspace and give Montreal a strong enough offer to land Bou?

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
  #111
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
I definetely think Halak is going the other way if it happens.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
  #112
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Oh wow dumbest caller ever.
The guy is not serious and it's quite obvious.

No one can be that dumb , at least i hope not.

Bronn is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:44 PM
  #113
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok fine, but i dont need facts to say I dont want him in Montreal. I never sad he was a BAD defenseman, i don't know where your getting this info, i said he is overrated. this does not mean he is bad. but if you want, tell me your facts as to why he would become a fan favorite ? Souray scored more goals then him and look where he is now.
I understand your point, you don't have to want him here.

Souray did score more goals, but that was all he did that year. He wasn't particularly good on defence. Plus Gainey did offer him a contract, Souray decided to go to Edmonton.

Jay Bouwmeester would be an exciting player to watch. Great passing and skating ability on a team that focuses on that kind of play. Finally he would play with offensive talents and more than likely have a very good defence partner. There would be focus on him in terms of media, but on the ice teams have to respect guys like Markov too, which means JayBo probably gets more room than he usually would. Plus finally he plays on a playoff team, he would be very motivated.

le_sean is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
  #114
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I definetely think Halak is going the other way if it happens.
Again...Florida will not want him.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
  #115
Magic33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
How could you not want to have a guy like this on your team. He averages 27 minutes a night, leads his team in points, is good on the powerplay, he is a +2. Also, he has represented Canada at the WJC, Olympics and has won gold at the World Championships. Hes a stud, plain and simple.

Magic33 is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
  #116
HamrlikTheStud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
So, okay, brainstorm time. Koivu, Kovalev, Lang, Komisarek, Markov, Hamrlik, Price, Tanguay aside, who could the Habs deal to Florida to cut the capspace and give Montreal a strong enough offer to land Bou?
Pleks/Higgins... Who will cost us about 6M at least together this summer if thigs keep on going like this.

Pleks/Higgins/O'Byrne for Bouwmeester straight up would be a great hockey deal in my opinion. Maybe add a middle-tier prospect going to Florida.

Tanguay - Koivu - D'Agostini
A. Kostitsyn - Lang - Kovalev
Latendresse - Chipchura - S. Kostitsyn
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Bouwmeester
Gorges - Bouillon
Brisebois

Price
Halak

isn't it great?

HamrlikTheStud* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
  #117
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwound View Post
Just heard on the radio at the gym about 10 minutes ago on ckoi that there was possibly a trade for boumeester goin down tonight ?

i dont know how reliable ckoi is but im sure other ppl heard it too.

the host said the trade was imminent and he had very very good sources...

discuss
Sounds like BS to me.

I could see trading 3 ASSETS, but not 3 current NHLers.

If they trade us Bouwmeester, they won't be interested in Kostopoulos, Bouillon, Laraque, Brisebois, Begin or Dandenault(unless it's him for the Cap hit).

JB is a rental player, I can't see the Habs trading 3 young players(A.Kost S.Kost O.Byrne Gorges Plekanec Maxwell D'agostini Lats Pleks) for a rental player.

The only possibility I can see happening is Dandy(cap hit to make room), O'byrne and Maxwell or D'agostini.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:48 PM
  #118
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok fine, but i dont need facts to say I dont want him in Montreal. I never sad he was a BAD defenseman, i don't know where your getting this info, i said he is overrated. this does not mean he is bad. but if you want, tell me your facts as to why he would become a fan favorite ? Souray scored more goals then him and look where he is now.
Actualy Souray was a fan favorite at the time, he was the sole Hab to make the All-Star gamein 2006-2007, he broke a record and was a big guy, a leader and had a lot of heart. Also he wasn't that much reliable defensivly, to say the least, but it was greatly exagerated. Today he's doing realy fine, he improved defensivly a lot with the Oilers and i would take him on my team any day of the week.

J-Bo is aldready at the level of hockey that Souray achieved by the end of his carrer, but Jay's 26. He would become a gamebreaker, especialy for his ability on the PP and his great capaicity defensivly, plus his speedy skating and the way he rushes the net would put as a fan favorite immediatly. We would have the most dangerous denfesive in the league.

Mustafa* is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:49 PM
  #119
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
So, okay, brainstorm time. Koivu, Kovalev, Lang, Komisarek, Markov, Hamrlik, Price, Tanguay aside, who could the Habs deal to Florida to cut the capspace and give Montreal a strong enough offer to land Bou?
Well I don't know what assets Florida would want, but I know Bouillon would probably have to go because of his contract. He makes 1.875, and with Dandenault on the IR there is no other option since room on defence would have to be made.

le_sean is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
  #120
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
I'd prefer Horton as well although both are likely pipe dreams. I am pretty comfortable with the habs defense for the most part. Thats not their problem. They definitely could use an upgrade over Breezy, OB, and Bouillon but it is dependable enough. All this pending Komo is resigned as well.

Montreal needs a Horton type player to offset the sissies.

although, its interesting discussion Gainey hasn't proved capable of landing a potential star here in Montreal despite having more than a few bargaining chips to work with.
What Hab players are "sissies" and what does Horton bring to offset that?

Horton is a skilled guy that is playing soft and lacking jam.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
  #121
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I definetely think Halak is going the other way if it happens.
Based on what exactly?

Anderson has been dynamite and Vukoun is a proven asset.

Lucius is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:54 PM
  #122
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
I duno bout u guys, but I also believe that Gainey is gunning for Gaborik.
That makes no sense. The Habs want to win a Championship, not entertain fans. Gaborik is always hurt and his biggest knock is being soft and lacking passion. How does adding an underachiever at a big price solve anything?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
  #123
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That makes no sense. The Habs want to win a Championship, not entertain fans. Gaborik is always hurt and his biggest knock is being soft and lacking passion. How does adding an underachiever at a big price solve anything?
He might lack passion...but he still is tied for the 3rd best goal scorer (Goals per game) since the 05-06 season. Only behind Ovechkin, Heatley and tied with Kovalchuk.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 10:01 PM
  #124
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
I'll play this game....

Latendresse
Higgins
O'Byrne
Halak
1st rounder in 2010

for
Jaybo
2nd rounder in 2010

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
12-17-2008, 10:02 PM
  #125
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I'll play this game....

Latendresse
Higgins
O'Byrne
Halak
1st rounder in 2010

for
Jaybo
2nd rounder in 2010
/fail

They said THREE players

Em Ancien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.