HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Repik, Matthias re-assigned; Horton, Zednik, Booth activated

Old
12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
RoadDoggFL

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
Well considering bottom six generally get less ice time than top six, I would want him getting more ice team. Make sense?
Hence the part where he told you to get away from the top 6/bottom 6 label...

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Hence the part where he told you to get away from the top 6/bottom 6 label...
It doesn't really matter to me what "line" they play on. I assumed everyone would agree that 3rd and 4th line players get less ice time. So let me adjust my post.

"I hope Frolik still gets alot of ice time."

Jeez.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
zeroG

Quote:
It doesn't really matter to me what "line" they play on. I assumed everyone would agree that 3rd and 4th line players get less ice time. So let me adjust my post.

"I hope Frolik still gets alot of ice time."

Jeez.
we've mostly been rolling 4 lines of late with the stewie and nasty getting a bit less time over the course of the game (depending on the circumstances of course). i'm sure PDB is going to try to get frolik as much time as he can. he knows he's playing well.

that's what i'm yelling about - do folks really think they know how to handle this stuff better than PDB? i mean, c'mon. first thing you should consider is "what might he be thinking?"

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
we've mostly been rolling 4 lines of late with the stewie and nasty getting a bit less time over the course of the game (depending on the circumstances of course). i'm sure PDB is going to try to get frolik as much time as he can. he knows he's playing well.

that's what i'm yelling about - do folks really think they know how to handle this stuff better than PDB? i mean, c'mon. first thing you should consider is "what might he be thinking?"
Thats true.

I guess I'm just used to JM coaching and remember saying to myself a bunch of times last year. "Why isn't he playing..so and so.?"

DeBoer has done a great job so far this season, so I have faith.

Old
12-17-2008, 12:35 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Thats true.

I guess I'm just used to JM coaching and remember saying to myself a bunch of times last year. "Why isn't he playing..so and so.?"

DeBoer has done a great job so far this season, so I have faith.
sorry to break the news but JM knows more than you as well and the same applies there.

Old
12-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
when did he say "Stillman-Kreps-Frolik"? last i heard, he had zeds with frolik and kreps (thus all the fuss above).
Well, with Weiss out:

Booth-Horton-Stillman
Frolik-Kreps-Zednik
CPR
Tarnasky-McLean-Stew

So if Weiss plays Thursday like DeBoer said there's a good chance of, then GR says the Sunrise Xpress will be put together, CPR of course stays together, and I'd assume Stillman moves down to take Zed's spot.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Well, with Weiss out:

Booth-Horton-Stillman
Frolik-Kreps-Zednik
CPR
Tarnasky-McLean-Stew

So if Weiss plays Thursday like DeBoer said there's a good chance of, then GR says the Sunrise Xpress will be put together, CPR of course stays together, and I'd assume Stillman moves down to take Zed's spot.
and who sits?

that's a tough one.

Old
12-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
sorry to break the news but JM knows more than you as well and the same applies there.
So him knowing more about hockey is relevant to him making bad decisions?

Edit: Stewart sits without question.

Old
12-17-2008, 01:29 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:

I like PDB, he seems to be a good coach. But lets not pretend PDB will always be right. He will be wrong. Sure, he knows more than us, but you are using the idea that because PDB is in his profession, our opinions couldn't possible be correct. Now, my opinions are never really right anyway, i'll be lucky if i ever even get a profession. However, its a rather useful form of an argument from your side.

Frolik doesn't just need top 6 minutes, he needs linemates who he can produce with. Those clearly aren't going Zednik, Kreps at the moment. The only argument i can see for Frolik being seeing less ice time is if PDB feels it is right for his development (which personally i would not agree with, we aren't freakin columbus!).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Booth-Weiss-Horton
Frolik-Kreps-Stillman
Dvorak-Campbell-Peltonen

I like those 3 lines

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
I actually like the idea of Kreps with Frolik if it can't be Weiss. I think Kreps has the speed to keep up with Frolik.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I actually like the idea of Kreps with Frolik if it can't be Weiss. I think Kreps has the speed to keep up with Frolik.
Yah Kreps is a big kid with wheels. He can really dangle at times too.

I agree with those who said PDB seems to want to have consistency through the lineup. I like that. I mean, Zednik is **** but if anyone can make him better on this team at this time, it's Frolik. The kid is just wicked and he's only going to get better and better and better. Seriously, he has all the tools of the all-stars in the NHL, just watch him play, he looks like a 90 point scorer ALREADY. And he plays so well defensively! ...................Alright that's enough man-crushing over Frolik

I like the idea of 3 lines playing hard and all for the same thing. It also holds players accountable because if they're not pulling their load, it will show up on the scoreboard. This teams not quite talented enough to have a bunch of players not show up and still win a hockey game (Booth in Anaheim was an exception, but come on it's Booth). We need a full team effort, and that's why we've been successful. Hard work and grinding it out. Not a lot of things have been pretty but the job is getting done. I'm really interested to see how this team is going to do tomorrow night. Carolina's never an easy game to play especially in their building, and with all the guys back who knows how the team will respond.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
and who sits?

that's a tough one.
I'd say it will either be Stew or Zed. I'd scratch Mac though if Stew or Nasty could play well enough at center.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I'd say it will either be Stew or Zed. I'd scratch Mac though if Stew or Nasty could play well enough at center.
i agree. i've been defending mclean - i think he's a good guy and he's working hard. he's just not been on lines with much offensive chemistry this year. nasty and stewie have both been bringing it but.. they're basically a 4th energy line. if we can get zeds back and going, that added scoring could be a big boost. don't see that happening this year with stewie.

so yeah, i think zeds plays when healthy. stewie and nasty fight for that last spot.