HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKOI Rumour : Boumeester for 3 habs

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Habs 1909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Maybe McGuire should stop smoking crack... At the last year deadline the Pingouins traded for Hossa, Christensen + Armstrong + Esposito + 1st, the Sharks traded for Campbell they gave Bernier and a 1st rounder. This year the Coyote traded for Jokinen, they gave Keith Ballard and Nick Boynton, and a second-round pick (49th overall), the Habs traded for Tanguay they gave a 1st and a 4th (?) rounder... i realy doubt that Bob would have to overpay for Jay Bo, actualy players come very cheap those days.

Panthers don't want players like Boynton, etc.. They want prospects. Bouwmeester won't come cheap if that's what they are looking for. But anyways, it's CKOI.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:44 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He's 18...if they dump Vokoun you don't call up an 18 year old.
You dump Vokoun you pick up another goalie that wont cost alot. Markstrom could be up in 2 years as starter considering the incredible success he has had in the SEL.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
all this for an unverified info on a non-sports radio station in Montreal.
I think it's more a discussion regarding if Jay Bo would fit on our team, this is just a continuation of what ahve been going for 2 months on these boards: do we need Jay Bo?

Old
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
The PP called, he asked for Jay Bo. And even thought i love Gorges, he's not a puck moving defensement and apart from Markov no D on the Habs can compare to Jay-Bo.
The shot from the point is important. It is such a big threat and opens up the opportunity down low. Maybe we can find a cheaper player and get like a Marc-Andre Bergeron or Jarett Stoll type of player?

Gorges is still learning. His value right now on D is undeniable for our team. I haven't really noticed his poor puck moving, but he will come into his own.

Last edited by Habs 1909: 12-17-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old
12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKomisarek View Post
Panthers don't want players like Boynton, etc.. They want prospects. Bouwmeester won't come cheap if that's what they are looking for. But anyways, it's CKOI.
Too bad they traded for Boynton... I think that they need capable young players, not prospects.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Do we even need Bouwmeester? Gorges has been playing outstanding since Komisarek went down and is easily a top four defenceman on our roster (Markov, Komisarek, Hamrlik, Gorges). Rounding out the 5th and 6th with Bouillon and O'Byrne/Brisebois is fine.

We don't NEED him. I think we should try and get him, but the price has to be reasonable.

We can afford to trade a guy like Subban, maybe O'B(I'm sure a change of scenery would help him) or Maxwell plus a 1st or D'agostini.

If they insist on Plekanec or Higgins then to me there can't be much else. I'm not a fan of trading young established talent for a rental.

Last year Pittsburgh traded Christenson(not a ton of value) and Armstrong(3rd line on a good team), Pleks and Higgins both have more value than those guys.

Last year Detroit added Stuart for a 2nd and 4th rounder and he was a very nice addition.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
The shot from the point is important. It is such a big threat and opens up the opportunity down low. Maybe we can find a cheaper player and get like a Marc-Andre Bergeron or Jarett Stoll type of player?
M-A Bergeron or Stoll? Are you kidding me? How do you just come up with this stuff.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Coldplay
Courage

We keep saying 'he won't come cheap', yet Jokinen was had for mostly Keith Ballard and an average NHL defenceman.

Luongo was had for Bertuzzi, Auld and Krajicek (not sure on last one).

Bouwmeester for Higgins?

Old
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
You dump Vokoun you pick up another goalie that wont cost alot. Markstrom could be up in 2 years as starter considering the incredible success he has had in the SEL.
Halak makes less than a million, perfect fit.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwound View Post
Just heard on the radio at the gym about 10 minutes ago on ckoi that there was possibly a trade for boumeester goin down tonight ?

i dont know how reliable ckoi is but im sure other ppl heard it too.

the host said the trade was imminent and he had very very good sources...

discuss
Really? What time tonight? We're running out of time... mind you I'm on the west coast, so there is still just over 4 hours I guess...

I wonder if they saw some gloves in Habs' colours with Bouwmeester's name on it...

Old
12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Really? What time tonight? We're running out of time... mind you I'm on the west coast, so there is still just over 4 hours I guess...

I wonder if they saw some gloves in Habs' colours with Bouwmeester's name on it...
Or better yet, if they saw Bouwmeester wearing Hab coloured underwear.

Old
12-17-2008, 10:00 PM
sheed36

Quote:
McGuire said on Team 990 a few weeks ago or so that in order to get JayBo, Habs gave to give up good young players (Higgins, Pacioretty, 1st rounder + I think McDonagh)
IMO....That would be an awful lot of the Habs future to give up for an impending UFA that might only be in Montreal for 50 games or so.....

Old
12-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok, I think I've been more than fair and given this "Rumour" enough time. Since no one has been able to provide a suitable link to this rumour, I'm going to consider this false.

Closed Thread