Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2004, 10:40 AM
puckstopper101

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to puckstopper101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
Having said that, Turple takes up most of the net in his butterfly position. His glove hand looked pretty quick and his side to side movement OK but needs some work. I think he's a solid draft choice that needs time to develop. Hartley's kid is not good and Caruso was there too and looked below average. In fact, the forwards tried to gravitate to their side of the ice and seemed to avoid Kari whenever possible.

Kari, on the other hand, is a stud. He seemed bigger than last year. There was a stretch where the forwards couldn't beat him for about 25 minutes. They were frustrated and Kari looked like he was hardly breaking a sweat. Economy of movement and efficiency of effort. He seemed to tempt shooters toward the 5 hole then take it away at the last instant. The only shots that beat him were lasers to the upper corners that touched iron. Not much to shoot at and not many eluded him. He seemed a bit out of shape to me and on one play moved awkwardly and seemed like he strained a gr... muscle (I will not jinx the kid by uttering that terrible word )

After morning practice he stopped to sign autographs and yuck it up with the kids. He's going to be a star, mark it down (how's that for going out on a limb?).
Coach Hartley's son looked fine to me, but Kari looked excellent. I agree, Kari seems really nice too, so i think everyone will love him.

Last edited by puckstopper101: 07-23-2004 at 10:42 AM. Reason: i messed-up the quote
Old
07-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimdan
A player I would like you to watch and comment on is #48 Conlan Seder
I've seen Conlan play from Peewee through to the WHL and liked what
I have seen but would like a comment from someone who doesn't know him
at all. Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the long delay on this answer. I forgot to answer the question until today when I ran across his name doing something else.

I thought he was OK, but inconsistent. Fell several times and was beaten by quick forwards, though seemed to learn a bit from his mistakes and did the drills better the second time. I remember he eliminated Slater pretty well once. He wasn't there from the 16th onward.

Closed Thread