HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings - 12/17/08 - 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
But sometimes you run into a hot goaltender.
I watched the entire game.....the Kings made Valiquette look better than he was tonight. He wasn't even a top 3 star......that is how good he was tonight.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
sueroe

i think our offense has been coming together quite nicely as of late. The Kings are getting good chances, but Valiquette has to be given some credit. He had an outstanding game.

As frustrating as losing a game the Kings should have won, they are competing well against a higher level of competition, and they are playing a full 60 minutes.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:15 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I guess people are starting to forget how bad Cloutier really was. If Dan was in this game it would have never gone to OT.
It would have been over after 2.

Scoring was and still is the biggest issue. 41 shots should equal more than 2 goals. NYR have an outstanding goalie tandem.

- T

Old
12-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
But I don't think Cloutier would allow himself to be in that situation by building up a buffer zone of soft goals beforehand.
Unfortunately I agree. I think LaBarbera is currently the worst NHL goaltender to ever be in a shootout. But what can you say... He doesn't belong in the NHL in the first place so it is a moot point. But we can all be thankful that it didn't make a shootout so our effort would be totally annihilated with youtube videos of all the Ranger's goals etc... Was a good game. I am disappointed but what are you gonna do... Hopefully we see Quick soon.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
12-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

You have to be kidding me.

Valiquette stood on his head tonight. We hit three posts, one in OT, and had scoring chances in the double digits. The offense is not the ****ing problem.
Most of the Kings shots were directly into Valiquette's chest and there were a few times where they lost control of the puck at crucial times.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:16 AM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
so.... I wonder... whats up with purcy? only 7 mins of ice time...
That's what I was thinking, I thought that he Purcell has been playing really well lately, and would of liked to see him get more minutes tonight. I like Moller, but I just don't think he fits well on the first line.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
That was probably the worst game I've seen LaBarbera play all season. It was brutal, but yet, he only let in two from what one would call "normal play." I understand Valiquette looked better than he is, but that said, look at his statistics for a moment. The Rangers make him look outstanding.

This team deserves a bunch of credit for going out there and grabbing points against teams they have no business grabbing points from. Or wait, do they deserve to grab points from these teams? Do they have business getting two out of four against the likes of the Sharks and Rangers?

I think so. Lame-ass excuses like the "back-loaded away schedule" need tossed out the window. This team can make the playoffs. I don't care how up and down the goaltending situation is. For some reason I didn't realize that the Buffalo game was on Friday, so it's good we get that one out of the way before facing Detroit. I think we can win that game. I was operating under the guise that we were going to hit Buffalo on the back end of the two-fer. Wasn't so! I think we can get the two points to start the road trip.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
heyfolks

JUDGEMENT - Come on ref, O'donnell did not intentionally shoot that broken stick at the puck carrier. In fact, the Ranger d'man skating forward into the stick. HORRIBLE CALL.

Quincey - PLEASE get me a video link to that hit! WOW!

The Kings out played the Rangers, damn scoreboard!

Old
12-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
That was probably the worst game I've seen LaBarbera play all season. It was brutal, but yet, he only let in two from what one would call "normal play." I understand Valiquette looked better than he is, but that said, look at his statistics for a moment. The Rangers make him look outstanding.

This team deserves a bunch of credit for going out there and grabbing points against teams they have no business grabbing points from. Or wait, do they deserve to grab points from these teams? Do they have business getting two out of four against the likes of the Sharks and Rangers?

I think so. Lame-ass excuses like the "back-loaded away schedule" need tossed out the window. This team can make the playoffs. I don't care how up and down the goaltending situation is. For some reason I didn't realize that the Buffalo game was on Friday, so it's good we get that one out of the way before facing Detroit. I think we can win that game. I was operating under the guise that we were going to hit Buffalo on the back end of the two-fer. Wasn't so! I think we can get the two points to start the road trip.
I think it depends entirely on who is in net for the Kings.....The players have absolutely no confidence in LaBarbera right now.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Cruel11
Little Prince

I miss JJ

Old
12-18-2008, 12:23 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I think the goaltending situation will get to the players and they will loose some spark and energy... and we will look back and remember how good they played against SJ and NYR.

Ops that is what C Ron just said.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Blazephr

see the stars of the game???????

1) O'Sullivan, 2) Rozsival, 3) Calder

what the hell?? did I even hear Calder's name during the game...was he even playing? Drury should have been the 3rd star. O'Sullivan #1 star??

Old
12-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Lanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingscup View Post
That's what I was thinking, I thought that he Purcell has been playing really well lately, and would of liked to see him get more minutes tonight. I like Moller, but I just don't think he fits well on the first line.
Maybe he got injured? Who knows. He's a softy out there. Oscar Moller is better than him anyway.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post

what the hell?? did I even hear Calder's name during the game...was he even playing? Drury should have been the 3rd star. O'Sullivan #1 star??
IMO 3 stars should be:

1) Valiquette 2) Brown 3) Rozsival

Old
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:

I think Brown should have been the 1st star.....he was in 2 or 3 places at once out their. But I do agree that Calder should not have been a star.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:

whaaa... no star for the ref who called that Penalty shot...

Old
12-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Lanius

I really liked the effort the Kings have showed in the last two games. They have to bring it every night if they want to win. Defense can still use an upgrade(get well soon Jack Johnson), and of course the goaltending.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I think it depends entirely on who is in net for the Kings.....The players have absolutely no confidence in LaBarbera right now.
I see no marked difference in the performance and effort of the players from one night to the next. Save for the Calgary road game and the Colorado road game, that is. Each goaltender got their pounding. I do not see any lack of confidence.

They looked better late in the game tonight than they did against San Jose, for whatever that's worth. What I see from the skaters is a lot of good. They are very consistent. In net, regardless of who is playing, it's up and down. Ever since Colorado it's been really hard to pick out a skater who's had a bad game, Harrold aside. I don't like that guy.

Jason catches all the hate, but Ersberg is oftentimes just as bad.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Post Game Thread

Open.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I see no marked difference in the performance and effort of the players from one night to the next. Save for the Calgary road game and the Colorado road game, that is. Each goaltender got their pounding. I do not see any lack of confidence.

They looked better late in the game tonight than they did against San Jose, for whatever that's worth. What I see from the skaters is a lot of good. They are very consistent. In net, regardless of who is playing, it's up and down. Ever since Colorado it's been really hard to pick out a skater who's had a bad game, Harrold aside. I don't like that guy.

Jason catches all the hate, but Ersberg is oftentimes just as bad.
Just wait....the same thing happened with Cloutier....after the players realized that their goalie was prone to letting in bad goals they all started scrambling when ever a shot was taken on their goalie......I saw it happen a few times tonight.....the game winning goal in OT was a huge example of it.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:37 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
But sometimes you run into a hot goaltender.
There have been a number of games this season in which the Kings have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the opposition goalie and come up with zilch to show for it...it happened again in this game. I don't think Valiquette was the main reason for it tonight, just as I don't think goaltending was the reason on those other nights. The fact is that, as much pressure as the Kings apply and as much as they go to the net, they're still having trouble finishing.

That's why this loss frustrates me so much...because the Kings didn't run into a brick wall between the pipes; they just couldn't convert all of their offensive zone dominance into a big lead that would've put NY away early.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
looks like someone started a post thread

Old
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
There have been a number of games this season in which the Kings have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at the opposition goalie and come up with zilch to show for it...it happened again in this game. I don't think Valiquette was the main reason for it tonight, just as I don't think goaltending was the reason on those other nights. The fact is that, as much pressure as the Kings apply and as much as they go to the net, they're still having trouble finishing.

That's why this loss frustrates me so much...because the Kings didn't run into a brick wall between the pipes; they just couldn't convert all of their offensive zone dominance into a big lead that would've put NY away early.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:52 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Post Game Thread

Open.
Go there and enjoy.

- T