HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

9th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tentative Title To Tribute Timonen

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I've used the "You're too good of a friend" line one too many times in my life. Being a girl who generally hates girls because they're too petty, I've acquired quite a long list of guy friends. In my experiance, about 90% at some point have tried, but already after being my friend for like 3 years. And it's just like come one seriously? If it was gonna happen, or if I was interested at all, wouldn't it have happened already? What makes it even weirder though, is just about all of my guy friends call me one of the guys. If you're gonna sit there and try and be interested in me, isn't it a little weird to be calling me one of the guys?
See, the "just one of the guys" thing was the story of my life. I've always been a tomboy...never the girly girl, so it was natural for my male friends to "not look at me that way", although I can tell ya it was ******* frustrating at times! Even today, actually, just this week, my co-worker tells me, you're not a woman, you're Yee! (my nickname). He means that as a compliment...and, no offense to any of the gals here, I take it as one. I see so many psycho women, AND I see so many of the guys treat some women like ****, to not be "associated" that way is actually a good thing. Of course, I can only feel this way because I'm married to a man that somehow still saw the "girly" in me through the games of paintball, hockey, and cop job! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolinWithCosta View Post
i go to rowan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
No more player is noun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
what about using that as a permanent title?
I like it!!

Old
12-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
KIMMO TIMMO!

I was gonna make a thread for the dude the other day. But I think the last time somebody did that, he went down in the playoffs. We can't let that **** happen again!

Aww dude that freakin sucks. Most girls don't know what the hell they want; it's as simple as that.
But don't stress too much, you'll find a keeper eventually. I know plenty of normal girls who don't do stupid **** like that, they ARE out there lol!

Hmm interesting.
Just this past weekend, one of my guy friends made a move and I was stunned. I think I mumbled some "friend" line and walked off haha terrible.

I'm tiny, so I often hear "you're adorable" from guys at bars. At first I wonder if that means they see me as their little sister or something, so I back off. Lol. But luckily it usually doesn't hah

Hahaha oh man, that's horrible!! I can SO relate to that story. I hate when you get paired up with your friend's new boytoy's pal. SO awkward

And one of my friends tends to start ****ing CRYING outside by herself when she goes to bars or parties. It's happened like four or five times now. Something about low self esteem, no guy wants her blah blah. Then I have to baby her and listen to the sobbing/blubbering. Ugh sometimes I wish I was a huge ***** and would just ignore her, but I'm nice. Boo. Yeah lets just say I don't go out with her much nowadays.
I know it's extremely weird but just once in my life I want to be called hot. I've been called adorable and cute and every damn elementary thing you can call a girl, but to my face I've never been called hot. I should just take the compliments and shut the **** up cause most girls would die for that kind of stuff, but dammit, I want to be hot for a night!

And Jules, I too take the whole one of the guys thing as a compliment because they actually appreciate my weirdness. I can get away with massive beer drinking, burping, talking sports, and **** even sometimes I'll help them pick out a hot girl at the bar to go talk to. It's just when you're trying to meet a guy, they're not always going to like that right off the bat. Don't get me wrong, I would never change for a guy, but in the beginning, you should be kind of girly haha.

Old
12-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Why don't we leave the "obsequious" part out... it's an OT thread.

But if we're adamant about a title, how can any thread with a #9 not have to do with Upshall?
Yeah, that part is just tradition since that's how GKJ started the first one. I don't care either way.

And yeah, something about Upshall is fine as long as it's not Upshall is Smash or something geh.

Old
12-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Casey Tatum

Saw a teenage penguin fan running down the street today, he tripped into a puddle, was it wrong to laugh? His buddies thought it was funny too. Then again I'm in ohio and people hate Pittsburgh as much as I do.

Old
12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I've been saying this for a year. Too many people on the board see something funny and repeat it over and over again like children on the playground.

The thread title is fine the way it is. No more player is noun.
That gets my vote. "9th Obsequious Banter: No More Player is Noun."

I also like the existing one (big fan of alliteration), and the glove throwing one (big fan of comedy). So.... whatev. I don't care.

Old
12-17-2008, 07:10 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
Saw a teenage penguin fan running down the street today, he tripped into a puddle, was it wrong to laugh? His buddies thought it was funny too. Then again I'm in ohio and people hate Pittsburgh as much as I do.
No. It would've been wrong to not laugh.

BTW, is HF moving like a slug for anyone else today? I thought the "new servers" were going to make it move faster.

Technology is stupid..... errrrr, I mean: "9th Obseqious banter: Technology is Stupid"

Old
12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
And Dbr, I know alllll about working retail this time of year. I worked at the Pac Sun in the Cherry Hill Mall for 3 years, back in high school. Some of the people that came into that store have been some of the most ignorant, snobby, miserable people I've ever met in my life. Then I went to Blockbuster, then onto Starbucks which made it so much more better. It's the norm in having a retail job though. I swear unless I'm completely desperate, that I will never have another retail job in my life.
I agree with you, people really suck for some reason. I work service in the Cherry Hill / Medford area (swimming pool service) and, well we are probally dealing with the same jackoffs, these people have MILLIONS. And they are so miserable and crabby and unpleasent. Some are awesome, amazing people to be around (Chris Therien for example, nice guy always happy, asks how I am, even offered a steak once lmao, and hooked me up with ECF tickets last year) and make you feel like a human. They realize your a person trying to make a living, and try to show the appreciate your work.

Then you get the morons that make you want to shoot yourself, like you described, Kambo. I worked retail before and sometimes I wish I was back there sometimes. One lady who bought Tony Amonte's old house in Medford was complaining because she inherited his old bill for some work we did. Now let me stop and explain this house is huge. I mean huge. The pool is enourmous, just massive. This property is on what i understand to be a nice golf course (Little Mill if anyone knows about it, I know LeClair and Therien and Roenick go there.), and has to be well into the millions in value. Anyhow, this lady (who is obiously a surgically put together mummy that appears hot, cuz he husband is like 89 and she tries to look 21 but you know shes old) says to me, "You know it really pisses me off that people look at this house and assume we have money. You have no idea how hard we have it."

Ok. Really? I live in an apartment 15 minutes away barely able to pay my bills, and keep my car running, and she has it hard? SHES GOT 2 POSCHE's and like 4 other cars. Shes got it so hard. When she goes into Pac-Sun she has to pick which credit card to pay with then give the employees crap. I go there looking for the cheapest crap I can find, and bust out my penny jar (and piss the employees off more). Ok maybe not a penny jar, but you get the point.

Then after I leave her house, I stop for lunch at Indian Mills Pizza (in shamoung NJ i recommend going there, great people and great food!!) and a customer walks in, who isnt one of mine, and start complaining about prices of the service. I mean lays into me. I PAY $2000 FOR MY POOL TO BE CLEAN AND 3 DAYS AFTER YOU LEAVE ITS DIRTY AGAIN! Like i control gravity... The point of this story is, there was a man in front of me ordering his food. He turns after the A-Hole left and says, "Hey man, dont bother with that crap. How bout I get you guys lunch, I realize you work hard, and its hot as hell out here. I suggest the Chicken Cheesesteak its really good." That man? Keith Jones. I've seen him there a few times since, and he always says hi.

I guess the moral is Hockey Players are cool, people who live in hockey players houses SUCK. lol. For real tho, I guess some people never really understand how hard life really is and dont realize that some of us who do "demeaning" work, like pool service, or landscaping, or man a cash register, are people too, and we also like being treated with dignity. I see it all the time, last night in Modells, some lady got pissed because they didnt have Victorino jerseys. Its not the girl at the registers fault, damn. Its mine because I bought the last one.

Talk about Obsequious Banter...............

Old
12-17-2008, 07:43 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
woulda been wrong NOT to laugh

Old
12-17-2008, 07:48 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post

Hahaha oh man, that's horrible!! I can SO relate to that story. I hate when you get paired up with your friend's new boytoy's pal. SO awkward

And one of my friends tends to start ****ing CRYING outside by herself when she goes to bars or parties. It's happened like four or five times now. Something about low self esteem, no guy wants her blah blah. Then I have to baby her and listen to the sobbing/blubbering. Ugh sometimes I wish I was a huge ***** and would just ignore her, but I'm nice. Boo. Yeah lets just say I don't go out with her much nowadays.
Yea its WAYYYY more embarassing, yet hilarious when its a 20 some year old guy acting like that. Next time I witness that its going on youtube.

Old
12-17-2008, 07:49 PM
TheDrizzle81

Kimmo Therapy? lol

Old
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Kimmo Therapy? lol
I've been saying that for ages!

ITS TIME FOR KIMMO THERAPY.

But i realize it may be inappropriate.

Old
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I've been saying that for ages!

ITS TIME FOR KIMMO THERAPY.

But i realize it may be inappropriate.
Screw the Peco Powerplay they should just say that

You are right tho, it may be "innapropriate" by todays standards...

Old
12-17-2008, 09:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

RJ Umberger beats the Sharks in OT.

Old
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
RJ Umberger beats the Sharks in OT.
Great for Umby. Imo, he's not living up to the expectations he was given with that club. I was hoping he'd have a little more than just 14 points (8g 6a)

Old
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Casey Tatum

Just saw the movie, Gran Torino, freaking amazing. Clint Eastwood at his best.

Old
12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
letsgoflyers75

Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers75 Send a message via MSN to letsgoflyers75
So you guys might remember... I opened my Flyers blog, Broad and Pattison (http://www.broadandpattison.net), up to the public last week in the last OT thread. Well, within a week, I've already been cited in a post on Puck Daddy, one of, if not the biggest hockey blogs on the net.

Pretty exciting.

In other news, to make this post solely not self-promotion, it's snowing in Las Vegas tonight, apparently, while it's raining in South Jersey. What the hell?

Also, new Sixers coach Tony DiLeo looks like Ben from Lost.

Old
12-17-2008, 11:48 PM
chaosof99*

Quick question: Roster freeze only forbids trade, but players can still be called up and sent down. True?

Old
12-18-2008, 12:20 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post
Great for Umby. Imo, he's not living up to the expectations he was given with that club. I was hoping he'd have a little more than just 14 points (8g 6a)
if it wasnt for Steve Mason he wouldnt of even got the chance

Old
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
See, the "just one of the guys" thing was the story of my life. I've always been a tomboy...never the girly girl, so it was natural for my male friends to "not look at me that way", although I can tell ya it was ******* frustrating at times! Even today, actually, just this week, my co-worker tells me, you're not a woman, you're Yee! (my nickname). He means that as a compliment...and, no offense to any of the gals here, I take it as one. I see so many psycho women, AND I see so many of the guys treat some women like ****, to not be "associated" that way is actually a good thing. Of course, I can only feel this way because I'm married to a man that somehow still saw the "girly" in me through the games of paintball, hockey, and cop job! LOL

I like it!!
Jules, considering i live the next town over basically from Glassboro. If i get pulled over in Glassboro can i tell the cop, "Julies801 is awesome at photoshop" think he'll let me slide haha

ps does anyone ever go on the "Flyers fan from HFBoards" group on facebook

Last edited by dbr2: 12-18-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old
12-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Kimmo Therapy? lol
my brother's name is Kimmo, so I can give you another one:

Kimmo-sabi (lone ranger)

Old
12-18-2008, 06:55 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Quick question: Roster freeze only forbids trade, but players can still be called up and sent down. True?
Quote:
What exactly is the Holiday Roster Freeze?

It is a proviso of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement that limits the movement of players around the Christmas holiday.

Simply stated, it prevents any players on NHL active rosters or injured reserve from being traded, waived or loaned from midnight (local time) Dec. 19 until midnight (local time) on Dec. 27.

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule. Teams may sign players during the roster freeze or call up players if roster space becomes available. Also, if a player is placed on waivers before Dec. 19, he must immediately report to any team that claims him during the Holiday Roster Freeze period.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=398586&cmpid=rss

Old
12-18-2008, 09:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

That frat party some of the Flyers crashed the other night...I was listening to WIP, apparently Paul Holmgren wasn't too thrilled about it.

Old
12-18-2008, 09:33 AM
IrishSniper87

Frat party? I haven't heard anything about that.

Old
12-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That frat party some of the Flyers crashed the other night...I was listening to WIP, apparently Paul Holmgren wasn't too thrilled about it.
Some details please?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Old
12-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Frat party? I haven't heard anything about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Some details please?

Inquiring minds want to know...
There's a link under the Cannon page.

Closed Thread