HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

9th Obsequious Banter Thread: Tentative Title To Tribute Timonen

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
And Jules, I too take the whole one of the guys thing as a compliment because they actually appreciate my weirdness. I can get away with massive beer drinking, burping, talking sports, and **** even sometimes I'll help them pick out a hot girl at the bar to go talk to. It's just when you're trying to meet a guy, they're not always going to like that right off the bat. Don't get me wrong, I would never change for a guy, but in the beginning, you should be kind of girly haha.
Haha, yeah, I knew that. When I was in college, when I would go to frat parties or wherever...I wouldn't go in a hockey jersey or anything. But, I wasn't lookin' for random hook ups anyway. My typical night at a bar or party was probably talkin' to a cool dude for an hour or two about whatever, then part ways so he could hook up with the skank that just walked in. LOL. Good times, good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
RJ Umberger beats the Sharks in OT.
Still like RJ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Kimmo Therapy? lol
Every time I yell KIMMO at a game, I always feel a little wierd......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Jules, considering i live the next town over basically from Glassboro. If i get pulled over in Glassboro can i tell the cop, "Julies801 is awesome at photoshop" think he'll let me slide haha

ps does anyone ever go on the "Flyers fan from HFBoards" group on facebook
Well, the guys won't know Jules801...but they'll know I'm good at Photoshop (I torment them too). But be careful, if they quiz you about me and you don't really know me...you'll get hammered with tix! LOL. Remember, I'm the only brunette female, so if 'I' get you....make sure you say something!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Some details please?

Inquiring minds want to know...
From the Cannon thread.....

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/philad...at-party-21363

Old
12-18-2008, 10:23 AM
riskyxxbusiness

just a thought, wouldn't this sound better?

"Tentatively Titled Tribute to Timonen"

Old
12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
McNasty

Quote:
I know it's extremely weird but just once in my life I want to be called hot. I've been called adorable and cute and every damn elementary thing you can call a girl, but to my face I've never been called hot. I should just take the compliments and shut the **** up cause most girls would die for that kind of stuff, but dammit, I want to be hot for a night!
Strange, I know quite a few girls who think a guy calling them hot just means shes a piece of ass. Since then I stick to the cute and adorable elementary compliments lol. Any girl who is a die hard flyers fan is hot to me

I live in Cherry Hill, and holy crap it sucks. People here are so smug and uptight it's not even funny. The cops especially are *******s, they pulled my friend over for doing 31 in a 25, and slapped a failure to comply and obstruction of view on top of that because he said "Your gonna pull me over for doing 30?"

Old
12-18-2008, 10:41 AM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
See, the "just one of the guys" thing was the story of my life. I've always been a tomboy...never the girly girl, so it was natural for my male friends to "not look at me that way", although I can tell ya it was ******* frustrating at times! Even today, actually, just this week, my co-worker tells me, you're not a woman, you're Yee! (my nickname). He means that as a compliment...and, no offense to any of the gals here, I take it as one. I see so many psycho women, AND I see so many of the guys treat some women like ****, to not be "associated" that way is actually a good thing. Of course, I can only feel this way because I'm married to a man that somehow still saw the "girly" in me through the games of paintball, hockey, and cop job! LOL
Actually i like the non girly girls, they tend to be low maintainance. Come to think of it, every girl i've dated has been non girly, usually athletic, though admittedly it's not a large sample size. My dream is finding a cute hockey playing girl. I'm a goalie, so it'd be fun on so many levels.

irishsnipers whole line of responses reminds me why i don't hit on women at bars, just hangout with the guys after mens league games. I try to ignore the ones who want me to buy them drinks. I'm also 29 now, so the women who are still single in my age bracket tend to be that way for a reason. Like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped. Mostly not their fault, usually got screwed up by some player early on and it gets taken out on me, since i'm a nice guy and i actually try to help them. Which means in a few mons they'll start dating the same horrible type guy that got them in trouble before, it's like an addiction or something. But usually all the women i'm friends with and ones that i tried to date and go caught in the "friend zone" as per chris rock. So i get the "like a brother" "too good of a friend" "too nice" which basically means i like you buying me dinner because you are safe, but you totally aren't getting anywhere.

I used to work in glassboro jules one summer for AC electric, i grew up in woodstown(cowtown).

Old
12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Actually i like the non girly girls, they tend to be low maintainance. Come to think of it, every girl i've dated has been non girly, usually athletic, though admittedly it's not a large sample size. My dream is finding a cute hockey playing girl. I'm a goalie, so it'd be fun on so many levels.

irishsnipers whole line of responses reminds me why i don't hit on women at bars, just hangout with the guys after mens league games. I try to ignore the ones who want me to buy them drinks. I'm also 29 now, so the women who are still single in my age bracket tend to be that way for a reason. Like parking spaces, all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped. Mostly not their fault, usually got screwed up by some player early on and it gets taken out on me, since i'm a nice guy and i actually try to help them. Which means in a few mons they'll start dating the same horrible type guy that got them in trouble before, it's like an addiction or something. But usually all the women i'm friends with and ones that i tried to date and go caught in the "friend zone" as per chris rock. So i get the "like a brother" "too good of a friend" "too nice" which basically means i like you buying me dinner because you are safe, but you totally aren't getting anywhere.

I used to work in glassboro jules one summer for AC electric, i grew up in woodstown(cowtown).
Seriously, being a nice guy BLOWS!!!!

Yeah, a lot of girls appreciate what we do for them, then the go and do the d-bag and then come back to us for nurturing/consolement/talking/whining/complaining/crying. End of the day, me 0 - d-bag 1. She crys on my shoulder, I get a hug. He is an ass, he gets Bone City.

This system is wrong on so many levels.

I wish my conscience would let me be a d-bag, I'm getting so frustrated by women, which is evident in my posts when I re-read them.

Jeez, I hate being this angry, miserable, woman-hating guy, I'm freakin 21! I figure I just need to relax and drink a bit more, my posts the past few days have been either deep or angry.

BOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippie!

Good, now I feel better, and more relaxed.

I also just realized a large reason I still deal with these crazy women.

Oh better yet, 2 large reasons!

Old
12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's a link under the Cannon page.
Got it! Thanks for the redirect.

Quote:

Ha! Nice.

Thanks for the link.

Old
12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Got it! Thanks for the redirect.

Ha! Nice.

Thanks for the link.
Awesome link. I wouldn't mind Richie and Jeff crashing my party, thats for sure.

I only saw Richie and Jeff though. Did I miss someone?

Old
12-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Awesome link. I wouldn't mind Richie and Jeff crashing my party, thats for sure.

That would be pretty awesome.

I don't think you missed anybody...just frik-n-frak.

Also, is it just me or was that not a total sausage fest???

Old
12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That frat party some of the Flyers crashed the other night...I was listening to WIP, apparently Paul Holmgren wasn't too thrilled about it.
Well Paul Holmgren said he didn't care in the papers. He shouldn't, either. I'm pretty sure 23 year olds are allowed to have a good time. And reports from another board are that it was a bar in Olde City where a fraternity was gathered. Certainly paints a different picture than crashing a party at Temple University.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
as long as they dont miss practice or anything let the boys celebrate

Old
12-18-2008, 12:15 PM
BringBackStevens

No harm, no foul. Now if tlutsy pictures crop up or something, then we can talk

Old
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
chaosof99*

I just finished watching Slap Shot 3. That movie is actually not bad. Definitely a whole lot better than the 2nd and a whole lot better than expected. It's a bit cheesy and I believe it could have been better without the Hansons and without being forced into the Slap Shot series (which should have not become a series to begin with), but it wasn't bad.

They also put in a biting remark about Lindros into it. Even though it's true, I still love him as a player.

Old
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
So the past 3 games they've showed that Upshall video during breaks about giving blood, and how to become the donor of the game. Well I've been looking for info on this **** for 2 days now and I can't find a damn thing. He said to go to pleasegiveblood.org to register for it, but there's nothing on there. I even did a keyword Flyers search and nothing showed up, and nothing on the Flyers website. I'm confused dammit hahah. I certainly donate enough.

Old
12-18-2008, 01:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
Then again I'm in ohio and people hate Pittsburgh as much as I do.
how bout them Browns

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 12-18-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
So the past 3 games they've showed that Upshall video during breaks about giving blood, and how to become the donor of the game. Well I've been looking for info on this **** for 2 days now and I can't find a damn thing. He said to go to pleasegiveblood.org to register for it, but there's nothing on there. I even did a keyword Flyers search and nothing showed up, and nothing on the Flyers website. I'm confused dammit hahah. I certainly donate enough.
Does your blood have a longer shelf life due to the high blood alcohol level? They'd get a transfusion and a buzz at the same time.

Old
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Casey Tatum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
how bout them Browns
Haha, bro Im an eagles fan through and through, born and raised in Philly, and I sure like giving it to the fans for their great season so far haha. Their mantra here is "maybe next year"

Old
12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Casey Tatum

Oh yeah, on NHL network at 8:00 eastern, theres some Captains program about Richards, not sure if its a repeat or not.

Old
12-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Haha, bro Im an eagles fan through and through, born and raised in Philly, and I sure like giving it to the fans for their great season so far haha. Their mantra here is "maybe next year"
Ahahaha, they stole it from Philly!

Old
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:

Someone on the site thought 2 of the other guys were Upshall and Niity. Obviously not a Flyers fan, because they don't look anything like them!

Old
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Someone on the site thought 2 of the other guys were Upshall and Niity. Obviously not a Flyers fan, because they don't look anything like them!
I could see Upshall and Lupul going out with those 2, but not Niitty.

Old
12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:

Some are saying that Carle was there with them.

And Metro was at the Eagles game too:

Old
12-18-2008, 04:04 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Haha, yeah, I knew that. When I was in college, when I would go to frat parties or wherever...I wouldn't go in a hockey jersey or anything. But, I wasn't lookin' for random hook ups anyway. My typical night at a bar or party was probably talkin' to a cool dude for an hour or two about whatever, then part ways so he could hook up with the skank that just walked in. LOL. Good times, good times.

Still like RJ......

Every time I yell KIMMO at a game, I always feel a little wierd......

Well, the guys won't know Jules801...but they'll know I'm good at Photoshop (I torment them too). But be careful, if they quiz you about me and you don't really know me...you'll get hammered with tix! LOL. Remember, I'm the only brunette female, so if 'I' get you....make sure you say something!!

From the Cannon thread.....

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/philad...at-party-21363
haha, i gotta make a mental note of that julies! Thanks I'm never in Gboro ever. So the chances of me getting pulled over there is slim to none. But, you never know!

Old
12-18-2008, 04:06 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:
Saw a teenage penguin fan running down the street today, he tripped into a puddle, was it wrong to laugh? His buddies thought it was funny too. Then again I'm in ohio and people hate Pittsburgh as much as I do.
i think it wouldve been wrong, NOT to laugh. i hate penguins fans

Old
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mess View Post
Some are saying that Carle was there with them.

And Metro was at the Eagles game too:

thats a ****ing awesome picture

Old
12-18-2008, 04:15 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm about to get into a fight with a pens fan! I wish i was a girl!

Closed Thread