HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Itís about time that Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot09 View Post
Typical.
What's your beef with AK? I said he was misused during the last game which was the reason for his ice time. He was on a >1 .pgg streak for a time playing with D'agositini and Koivu, getting a lot of es minutes.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-18-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Play nice
Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Well I don't use the internet to make friends so that's the fundamental difference between us.

The beef with AK is that he constantly gets babied around here even though he is incredibly streaky and inconsistent. Proof of that is you saying that he isn't streaky and inconsistent when it's been the story his whole career.
Actually the difference between us is facts and opinions, yours is of the latter. See it doesn't really matter how YOU percieve Andrei as a player, what matters is results on the ice, chances, minutes of utilization and other factors such as injuries, chemistry and etc. The rest is garbage, case closed.

Old
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Actually the difference between us is facts and opinions, yours is of the latter. See it doesn't really matter how YOU percieve Andrei as a player, what matters is results on the ice, chances, minutes of utilization and other factors such as injuries, chemistry and etc. The rest is garbage, case closed.
Yeah, and the results on the ice prove that he's streaky and inconsistent. Case closed indeed.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Yeah, and the results on the ice prove that he's streaky and inconsistent. Case closed indeed.
You expect him to be a prime pointmaker at such young age. It's his second full season in the NHL. You haven't been around hockey for long and it shows.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-18-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Play nice.
Old
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Well I don't use the internet to make friends so that's the fundamental difference between us.

The beef with AK is that he constantly gets babied around here even though he is incredibly streaky and inconsistent. Proof of that is you saying that he isn't streaky and inconsistent when it's been the story his whole career.
Kostitsyn is inconsistent, absolutely. But he's still working his way into his NHL career, it's not like he's a 4 year vet. He's been bounced around this year after a tough injury.... some of the blame this year *is* his, but "the story his whole career" is a short one -- every young talent gets that handle when they come into the NHL and fail to score on a regular basis immediately.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
smon

To come back to the original point...Kostitsyn's hardly a whiz kid in the defensive end, so there's no point playing him shorthanded. You do realize that there is a point to the penalty kill, and that is to prevent goals being scored, so coaches play their better defensive forwards. Not their better offensive players who are weaker defensively. Now before anyone brings up Kovalev...that is an example using the logic behind this thread, that Kovalev should play lots to get into the flow of the game. A second year forward shouldn't need to play 18-20 minutes a game to be effective, and it will actually wear out Kostitsyn pretty quickly if he was playing that much.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
You mean, after 1 season and a half?..

If we were so quick to judge talent in this league, we'd have given up on a lot of players that became amazing later in their career.
Thankfully, some of us can take a step back and realize not every talented player can come into this league and start regularly producing from his first game all the way to his last one.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:26 PM
tollb2

we can start a hundred threads to try to diagnose this prob we have with scoring, but in all honesty we hit this point every year and people seem a little to anctious to hit the panic button. the O will start clicking again and players will get the confidence back. Belive me its hard watching SC and seeing Kane and various other players puting the puck away with out trying. Our guys will settle down soon , find a grove , find a good line combo and start winning

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh my god! is this a joke? there are far more important dcisions about A.Kost then his pk time, like finally using him at RW and play him on the point on the pp

Isn't it funny that the one time Carbo tryed it, it showed so much promise (I think it was the most convincing PP this year, those 1-2 shifts Andrei took on the point) yet he just won't do it regularly (or at all...)

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
Maybe if you made the original post a little more clear, people would be able to more thoroughly deconstruct your arguments. One hint would be to try to limit the number of "grrrrrr"s and smilies to one or fewer.

From what I gather, this is a response to the last game. Fine, penalties disrupted AKost's momentum because he's not on the PK. It disrupted the game for everybody on the Habs, though. In a regular game, with 8-12 minutes of penalty killing, there's lots of time for the offensive lines to get their game going.

Your post reads more like a cheerleader complaining that his favourite player wasn't on the ice a lot, than an informed opinion on the team's PK personnel and strategy. That is why you're not generating great debate here.
A cheerleader complaining that his favourite player wasn't on the ice a lot???
Didn't i mentionned Tanguay somewhere in my post? By the way, i'm sorry for my English, that happens when you speak Spanish and French too.

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote