Notices

What are some Heatley Scenarios

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Saabato

vCash: 500
What are some Heatley Scenarios

Anyone out there with some knowledge of the legal system? You input here would be much appreciated.

Now that Heatley has been indicted. If he goes to trial and worst case scenario is found guilty. What are the odds that he goes to the slammer. During sentencing won't the judge take into account that no one on this earth wants him to go to jail. Not even the parents of Dan Snyder.

What are the odds that he goes away for a long time?

Someone please shed some light on the possible scenarios.

Old
07-23-2004, 12:39 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabato
Anyone out there with some knowledge of the legal system? You input here would be much appreciated.

Now that Heatley has been indicted. If he goes to trial and worst case scenario is found guilty. What are the odds that he goes to the slammer. During sentencing won't the judge take into account that no one on this earth wants him to go to jail. Not even the parents of Dan Snyder.

What are the odds that he goes away for a long time?

Someone please shed some light on the possible scenarios.
My guess would be a slap on the wrist. Probation and community service, probably something like speaking publicly about the dangers of speeding. I seariously doubt he spends a day in jail.

Old
07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
thrashers=cup05

I agree with you TK79. I believe that there won't be much consequences for heater especially after the Snyders testify on Danny's behalf.

Old
07-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Yes, the judge would take the Snyder family pleas into account during the sentencing portion of the trial, which is the only place in the legal process for such a case where these things can be taken into account.

I'm guessing lots of probation and maybe a suspended sentence. Community service and fines on top of that are for sure.

All in all a terrible story.

Old
07-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers=cup05
I agree with you TK79. I believe that there won't be much consequences for heater especially after the Snyders testify on Danny's behalf.
I think "heatmeiser" would be a way cooler nickname. You know... from that Christmas movie... that claymation one. Anyone? Heatmeiser? :crickets:

Old
07-24-2004, 01:05 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_paxon
Yes, the judge would take the Snyder family pleas into account during the sentencing portion of the trial, which is the only place in the legal process for such a case where these things can be taken into account.

I'm guessing lots of probation and maybe a suspended sentence. Community service and fines on top of that are for sure.

All in all a terrible story.
Not saying there will be (don't really know enough to make any conclusion right now) but if there is jail time, his lawyers will try for anything under a year.

Anything over a year and his immigration status is put in very serious jeopardy.

Closed Thread