HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta @ Ottawa - Tuesday, Dec 16 7:30 - SNET E (HD)

Old
12-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Answer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Wow. Those are some personal shots.

How is singling out Spezza asinine? The guy is suppose to be our future franchise and he's giving absolutely nothing out there. Forget about not scoring, as nobody is, but using the body, shooting on net, showing emotion. It's far from asinine to expect your best not to be continuously their best

Alfie is our best. He's not scoring, but my god, he never gives up. If he played as bad as Spezza right now, people would call him out

Do I have to go after every player? He's my least fav, so I'll point it out. Same reason why people don't like Fishers game.

I haven't called out Heater b/c what I like what he's doing is at least showing something , even it is frustration. He's getting shots on net, and in my view, at least making some hits, or trying too.

Ignore her, she has her head too far in Spezza's ass. Then, she rants on people who try to defend Fisher..

Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

On last game alone, it looked to me Fisher was trying really hard, while Spezza looked completely the opposite. Im not going to throw Spezza under the bus though, just frustrating is all.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
An absolute pathetic display of hockey, minus the odd play here or there.

I'm embarrassed to even watch the games right now. Terrible hockey, no emotion, terrible penalties, lack of scoring .. etc .

Firing \trades will happen . Not that it's the right solution,but my god, the sens are just down right awful.
I won my proline ticket. Gotta love ATL by 2 and Kovalchuk over Alfie!

I'm betting against OTT for the rest of the season.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:03 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
On last game alone, it looked to me Fisher was trying really hard, while Spezza looked completely the opposite. Im not going to throw Spezza under the bus though, just frustrating is all.
More like 8 out of 10 games will look like that, and on the 9th and 10th games Spezza will score 6 powerplay points and everyone will love him again.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
More like 8 out of 10 games will look like that, and on the 9th and 10th games Spezza will score 6 powerplay points and everyone will love him again.
Heatley's story is even funnier. He will float and be practically invisible when we are playing a team that plays solid defense. Then, he will tear up for a few games(especially on PP) when we play teams that refuse to play defense or with any intensity(where Spezza can make some nice plays for Heatley so he can put them in on half a wide open net while the goalie is slanting the other way or is struggling to scroll back)

Old
12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Heatley's story is even funnier. He will float and be practically invisible when we are playing a team that plays solid defense. Then, he will tear up for a few games(especially on PP) when we play teams that refuse to play defense or with any intensity(where Spezza can make some nice plays for Heatley so he can put them in on half a wide open net while the goalie is slanting the other way or is struggling to scroll back)
You hate Heatley, we get it.

Old
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
jamiebez

My first game of the season at SBP. I was with a few students from Botswana that boarded with us in September. They are huge sports fans, and just getting into hockey. It was their furst NHL game, needless to say. I felt I had to apologize to them for wasting their money on a game like that.

An absolutely awful showing, and in person you notice the little things that make it a lot worse. No zip on the passes, no hustle for loose pucks, stupid penalties, no battles won along the boards, giveaways galore, total inability to gain the zone, no one in front of the net - Brendan Bell of all people was the closest guy to the net on 2 PPs.

It was truly a pathetic display, and it really turned me around on the team's prospects for the rest of the season. Let's just say I've gone from remaining hopeful to extremely pessimistic in the last 24 hours.

jamiebez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
If anyone cares, practice lines were...

Heatley - Kelly - Foligno
Zubov - Fisher - Donovan
Ruutu - Spezza/McAmmond - Vermette

Alfie, Neil, and Winchester didn't skate, so you can figure out where they'd go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vermette playing on the 4th line Friday, judging from the lines at the end of the game yesterday.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 01:01 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
If anyone cares, practice lines were...

Heatley - Kelly - Foligno
Zubov - Fisher - Donovan
Ruutu - Spezza/McAmmond - Vermette

Alfie, Neil, and Winchester didn't skate, so you can figure out where they'd go. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vermette playing on the 4th line Friday, judging from the lines at the end of the game yesterday.
Zubov-Fisher-Alfie
Heatley-Kelly-Winchester
Ruutu-Spezza-Donovan
Foligno-Vermette-Neil

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Answer

Only Scotty Bowman would've put Heatley on the 3rd line for being the most laziest player to ever play in the NHL.

Old
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
Only Scotty Bowman would've put Heatley on the 3rd line for being the most laziest player to ever play in the NHL.
How do you think Heatley has played so far this year?

Old
12-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Chicago has 7 goals through 2 periods tonight against Edmonton. Ottawa has 7 goals in their last 5 games!
Hawks are peaking. I miss the 2005-2007 Sens...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote